Chumps v Champs

5 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I know that. That's why you support a team who are astronomically larger than every other club in the country with the exception of Rangers. 

No you don’t know and that isn’t the reason why I support my team. As someone else pointed out you seem to want to tell us what we should be thinking and feeling, it’s all but third reichy for my liking but you keep doing you mate

34 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

It was against your city rivals. That would be important to any real football supporter no matter the wider context. It's ok to admit that.

I’m not sure I buy that. There isn’t any reason for them to care in the context of being on the verge of another treble. 

They’ve played 6 times all season and Celtic have come out on top in the 5 that mattered (including the draw as that basically killed rangers “hopes”). 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No you don’t know and that isn’t the reason why I support my team. As someone else pointed out you seem to want to tell us what we should be thinking and feeling, it’s all but third reichy for my liking but you keep doing you mate

Again you've missed the point. If you really cared about the extreme financial disparity then you'd give up supporting Celtic. You've stated you don't care so you carry on supporting them. Straightforward stuff. 

Comparing me to a Nazi because I think you're bothered about a game of football is sure fire proof that you're not having a heids gone moment. 

My work here is done. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not sure I buy that. There isn’t any reason for them to care in the context of being on the verge of another treble. 

They’ve played 6 times all season and Celtic have come out on top in the 5 that mattered (including the draw as that basically killed rangers “hopes”). 

You come from a one team city (sorry Cove) so perhaps that's why you disagree with me. You always care when you turn up to work on Monday and take shit off the other side. They'll care less than any of the other 5 games of course but it's still important.

15 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Again you've missed the point. If you really cared about the extreme financial disparity then you'd give up supporting Celtic. You've stated you don't care so you carry on supporting them. Straightforward stuff. 

Comparing me to a Nazi because I think you're bothered about a game of football is sure fire proof that you're not having a heids gone moment. 

My work here is done. 

It’s rather ironic that you are going down the heids are gone route when it’s you that has taken a post that was clearly me taking the piss way too literally.

But like I said keep doing you brother 👊🏼

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

You come from a one team city (sorry Cove) so perhaps that's why you disagree with me. You always care when you turn up to work on Monday and take shit off the other side. They'll care less than any of the other 5 games of course but it's still important.

I work with my brother. Just the two of us, so we can both pretend we’re not bothered tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Despite not having your unique experience of being a football fan who works with colleagues of rival teams, I’m still not buying it. 

If it a Celtic fan going into work tomorrow then the response to any shit is fairly easy. 

maybe the difference is you’ve never lost to hibs in the context that of having comfortably won the league already and knocked them out of both cups? 

If the beat you the week after the 5-1 Scottish cup final would you have cared? (Yes I know season was over, indulge the hypothetical). 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Despite not having your unique experience of being a football fan who works with colleagues of rival teams, I’m still not buying it. 

If it a Celtic fan going into work tomorrow then the response to any shit is fairly easy. 

maybe the difference is you’ve never lost to hibs in the context that of having comfortably won the league already and knocked them out of both cups? 

If the beat you the week after the 5-1 Scottish cup final would you have cared? (Yes I know season was over, indulge the hypothetical). 

I didn't mean for you to get too focused on the work thing, that's just one example of where you might encounter other football supporters day to day. 

In your hypothetical question, yes I'd have still cared. Obviously less so but still it always stings to lose to Hibs. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You have nailed it tbf, I work in Livi with quite a lot of Rangers fans, normally I would dread going in after a derby loss even during covid when we were at home it was murder.

Tomorrow not so much as the Espanyolification of them this season is pretty much complete. 

Having a watch of the highlights from yesterday and it really was a fantastic display from Cantwell. Hoping to see a side built in the summer to bring the best out of him. He was absolutely everywhere and has that dig about him I never really expected.

Hart was pretty awful. Weak palm out hands us our first. While Souttar’s was a bit of a thumping header, it was nowhere near the corner and Hart never even made an attempt to move towards it, then he gets nowhere near Sakala twice - once early in the second half and then for the third goal.

Edited by AJF

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Having a watch of the highlights from yesterday and it really was a fantastic display from Cantwell. Hoping to see a side built in the summer to bring the best out of him. He was absolutely everywhere and has that dig about him I never really expected.

Hart was pretty awful. Weak palm out hands us our first. While Souttar’s was a bit of a thumping header, it was nowhere near the corner and Hart never even made an attempt to move towards it, then he gets nowhere near Sakala twice - once early in the second half and then for the third goal.

Aye, he’s showing his age pace wise.

He certainly shows some good shot stopping for the most part but there’s been goals all season you’re wondering how he didn’t do better. 

11 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

I'd say that Celtic fans should be bothered about Saturday's result/performance because it shows when an opposition (even one as bang average as Glasgow Rangers) get among them and deny them time and space they fall apart like a cardboard suit in the rain. It's why they have been and will continue to be, cannon fodder in Europe.  But that's not really news I suppose.