EFL Playoffs 2023

Not unhappy to see Luton Town back, as I “remember” Luton as a top level team…in the 70’s…from a  school chum who elected the Luton kit for playing in. Some of the other kits chosen back then are long gone from the top levels…Ipswich Town, Middlesbrough, Derby County, Stoke City, QPR, Coventry City and Birmingham City to name a few. Living in Suffolk, there wasn’t nearly the pressure to chose one of the big clubs.

37 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Good luck getting a ticket.

Aye it'll be a struggle, might have to aim for about January when the novelty has worn off and they're sick of watching 5-0 defeats!

33 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m sure they’ll cope when they’re guaranteed over £100m. 

That's not really the point. They'll have to spend about £10m of their money to make a ground compliant that is about to get demolished. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I bet that wasn't 'the moment'. 

Tbf I'm not arsed if it's staged. I thought it was good to see him sitting up though. Looking back at him going down didn't look very nice at all. 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbf I'm not arsed if it's staged. I thought it was good to see him sitting up though. Looking back at him going down didn't look very nice at all. 

Yeah I should've added that the main thing is he's fine. 

12 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Aye it'll be a struggle, might have to aim for about January when the novelty has worn off and they're sick of watching 5-0 defeats!

That's not really the point. They'll have to spend about £10m of their money to make a ground compliant that is about to get demolished. 

I did read that they have been considering a groundshare for next season if they are going to have difficulties in getting Kenilworth Road ready. 

MK Dons were a side mentioned. I’d hope not I’d rather see sides like Luton get an opportunity to play in the top flight in their own grounds. 

15 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

This is true although some of it will be spent on stuff that can be taken over to the new stadium.

15 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Disappointed with Luton winning, because the result means that horrible little c**t Yaxley-Lennon will be happy

It also means the fans who made that c**t unwelcome will be happy. Bit weird obsessing over that one.

7 hours ago, mizfit said:

I did read that they have been considering a groundshare for next season if they are going to have difficulties in getting Kenilworth Road ready. 

MK Dons were a side mentioned. I’d hope not I’d rather see sides like Luton get an opportunity to play in the top flight in their own grounds. 

Seems Luton management have been busy bees the last couple of years. Planning permission for the necessary changes is in hand, having been gained during last years playoff push, so they might be in decent shape to pull it off. Seems the main stuff is an effective rebuild of one stand and ensuring there are some 50 camera positions available.

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

Seems Luton management have been busy bees the last couple of years. Planning permission for the necessary changes is in hand, having been gained during last years playoff push, so they might be in decent shape to pull it off. Seems the main stuff is an effective rebuild of one stand and ensuring there are some 50 camera positions available.

They apparently had plans ready to set in motion as soon promotion would be realised and work is expected to start next week already.