Annan vs Dumbarton, Dumbarton vs Annan

Final outcome  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Final outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 18:45

27 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As an outsider reading this, id say i agree the club looks like a dumpster fire, but given youre ground is worth a fortune in potential redevelopment money this throwing the toys out the pram and threatening boycotts isnt a great idea. When we boycotted at Cappielow (26 paying customers but the media forgot about the 300 watching from hill) that became the agenda ‘no fans’ etc. the same thing could be seized upon. Your club do your thing but i fear the worst if you all stop turning up. Why not go and protest Farrell? I get theres a massive amount of frustration after a serious bottle job but its still your team.

There comes a point for everyone where enough is enough. The ingredients at the club right now are wrong in almost every department, and outside of holding back our money there is very little supporters can do. Neil McKay is a clueless chairman unwilling to fight against the will of a criminal in Andy Hosie who only wants the coin from our land. Outside of electing someone else to take up the Trust position on the board, supporters have very little influence. Paying your money and saying "not good enough" is a silly, outdated notion that all fans should blindly support "their" club. Well right now nothing at DFC feels like mine, and it's not just because we're shite on the park, I've followed us up and down the country at the arse end of this division before and I'd be happy to do it again if I felt there was any sort of direction or ambition to progress the club. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

There comes a point for everyone where enough is enough. The ingredients at the club right now are wrong in almost every department, and outside of holding back our money there is very little supporters can do. Neil McKay is a clueless chairman unwilling to fight against the will of a criminal in Andy Hosie who only wants the coin from our land. Outside of electing someone else to take up the Trust position on the board, supporters have very little influence. Paying your money and saying "not good enough" is a silly, outdated notion that all fans should blindly support "their" club. Well right now nothing at DFC feels like mine, and it's not just because we're shite on the park, I've followed us up and down the country at the arse end of this division before and I'd be happy to do it again if I felt there was any sort of direction or ambition to progress the club. 

So did your fans rep actually appoint this manager/contract extension? Does your trust not speak to the fans? Aye i get that there comes a point where enough is enough or whatever, but what have you guys as fans actually done to try and force change. I think Dumbarton was one of the first clubs to have a fans rep on the board and somehow you seem to have fallen behind on similar clubs? 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So did your fans rep actually appoint this manager/contract extension? Does your trust not speak to the fans? Aye i get that there comes a point where enough is enough or whatever, but what have you guys as fans actually done to try and force change. I think Dumbarton was one of the first clubs to have a fans rep on the board and somehow you seem to have fallen behind on similar clubs? 

If you check our club thread there is some chat there about our Trust rep. Having a fan on the board is only as the good as the person sitting in the seat and ultimately they can only have so much influence over any board. A lot of good people have walked away from the club due to the strains the ownership situation has put on the club so I don't think there is any shame in a supporter doing the same right now.

For a variety of reasons this was the worst performance I’ve ever witnessed from a Sons side. I’d invite contributors to raise any alternatives but I can’t think of anything that touches this.

The most important game of the season, against a League 2 side you’ve already beaten multiple times in the season and not only does the team “freeze” but they end up downing tools completely. An unforgivable capitulation. Setting aside the off-field issues for a moment, there’s a basic level of professionalism and application that I expect from Dumbarton players and that standard wasn’t met last night - instead we fucking chucked it.

For that reason either the entire playing squad or the entire backroom staff need to be emptied in the summer. The two can’t co-exist. Once you have a squad that is giving up at the very moment you need them to dig in then you have to make changes. Don’t let a toxic situation fester. 

Obviously there’s no chance I’ll be there for the 2nd leg - meaningless matches/friendlies aren’t my bag. 

Edited by George Parr

3 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Do the club board at Dumbarton have any connection with the people who actually own the football club?

They have a connection in that there might be conversations. But there is no connection in that the owners aren't represented on the board. Which is an utterly bizarre situation for any club to be in when you take a step back and look at it.

20 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

They have a connection in that there might be conversations. But there is no connection in that the owners aren't represented on the board. Which is an utterly bizarre situation for any club to be in when you take a step back and look at it.

That is bizarre!

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

They do have a relation, Colin is related to Andy. Which makes it all the more mind boggling that we can't find some sort of solution here IMO. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

They do have a relation, Colin is related to Andy. Which makes it all the more mind boggling that we can't find some sort of solution here IMO. 

So let me get this right.  A member of the Hosie family which has been connected to Dumbarton for decades is in danger of taking the club down the shitter ??

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Which hasn't always been the case. We've had at least 2 appointments to the club board who were Cognitive Capital people.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

So let me get this right.  A member of the Hosie family which has been connected to Dumbarton for decades is in danger of taking the club down the shitter ??

Thats pretty much it.

Andy Hosie is the man behind Cognitive Capital. He's the driving force behind all of this.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If you check our club thread there is some chat there about our Trust rep. Having a fan on the board is only as the good as the person sitting in the seat and ultimately they can only have so much influence over any board. A lot of good people have walked away from the club due to the strains the ownership situation has put on the club so I don't think there is any shame in a supporter doing the same right now.

I get what you are saying but is refusing to attend not just playing in to Andy Hosie’s hands. He will be delighted if crowds fall to a couple of hundred and the club fall to the bottom of the division. Because the fewer people who are interested suits his purposes and will make it all the easier for him to wind us up at the first hint of a half decent offer from a builder 

34 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I get what you are saying but is refusing to attend not just playing in to Andy Hosie’s hands. He will be delighted if crowds fall to a couple of hundred and the club fall to the bottom of the division. Because the fewer people who are interested suits his purposes and will make it all the easier for him to wind us up at the first hint of a half decent offer from a builder 

I keep putting money in, McKay and Farrell keep making an arse of it and we end up in the Lowland League with about 100 fans and Hosie gets his wish anyway. 

8 hours ago, Jeremy Clarkson said:

Lynas came over and apologised to fans, Long shook a few fans hands when they said it wasn’t his fault. 

Any idea what Long was saying to the fans behind the goal after the 6th? Felt sorry for him with that one, he made a great save from McCartney's header only to see Luissint smash in the rebound unopposed. 

On 09/05/2023 at 12:42, Thommo90 said:

Do Annan use the pixillot cameras or will it be operated by a human?

we use the pixillot cameras. 
It’s worth subscribing for the commentary alone. We’ve got the top commentator. 

32 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Any idea what Long was saying to the fans behind the goal after the 6th? Felt sorry for him with that one, he made a great save from McCartney's header only to see Luissint smash in the rebound unopposed. 

He was asking if any of us wanted a game.

At one point the ball had gone out for a goal kick and a fan had it in his hands, Brett told him to keep it and went for a walkabout.

Fair play to him, it was a complete shit storm in front of him.