Annan vs Dumbarton, Dumbarton vs Annan

Final outcome  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Final outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 18:45

It's not the first time I've wasted my time and money to watch Dumbarton, but I'll not be back under Farrell. The club should seriously consider offering those who turned up tonight a voucher for Saturday's match. It's the only way the majority of fans will go. 

Game was over when the 2nd goal went in,

Wylde looked like a wee boy lost in a mans game. First 2 goals came from crosses on his side. Nobody closing down the wide player. All the time in the world to deliver a dangerous cross and we give up 2 free headers. 2 goals down. Tie basically over.

Down to 10 men? Tie very much over. I'd like to see it again. Initial reaction was that the referee reacted to the Annan players reacting and not to the incident itself. Probably worth a yellow. I think his decision making at that point pretty much fucked it for us. Down to 10 men pretty early in the game? Against a team with really dangerous wide men and a prolific target man striker? Surely you go with 2 solid banks of 4, stop them attacking you down the flanks and basically shitfest the rest of the game. Genuis ends up with Declan Byrne and Rusty the gutless wonder up front, a 3 man midfield and inviting their wide men to run at Lynas and McNiff. Tactical masterclass there from the gaffer.

Referee missed a strong penalty claim for hand ball in the first half and refused to do anything for the repeated dives that Tom Daly would have been proud of. He also failed to book Annan players for the kind of thing that he booked Lynas for. Inconsistency like that, and blatant cheating b*****d dives from a team that was already cruising it, are annoying. There's no need. Ref was shocking tonight, but it didnt really influence the game. We were rubbish before Orsi was sent off.

Long made a couple of really fantastic saves in the first half. He did well to get behind a shot he saw late and through traffic. He did very well to get down late and put a good effort onto his left post. It's a bad day when you lose 6 and you can't blame the keeper. I thought that the back 4 were really shaky all game. They knew that the Annan attackers could run at them at will. Absolutely no protection from midfield. Wylde was a wee boy lost in the game. Shat out of 50/50 tackles. Didn't close down. Stood on the ball and lost it, giving Annan a great opportunity. Ryan Blair was missing until he was subbed. We kept lumping the ball up to Declan Byrne, who had absolutely no chance of actually winning anything we were launching at him. Game bypassed the midfield completely. The changes we made actually made our shape worse when we went down to 10 men and losing Carswell essentially gave up any hope we had of playing it tight in the midfield and trying to limit further damage.

Brett Long deserved better than that tonight. The rest of them were either clueless, hopeless or both. No shape and structure. Players either letting the game pass them by or actually terrified. Manager making subs that made a bad situation even worse.

Anybody going to the game on Saturday deserves a medal or a lobotomy.  I'll keep the £15 and put it towards what I wasted tonight travelling down to watch that shambles. Any manager with any kind of self respect would resign tomorrow morning and would have his desk emptied by the end of the day. Any club board with the means to do so would sack him if he didnt walk voluntarily.

Both of which means we'lll be watching the same players play for the same manager next season.

Oh fucking joy.

Unbelievable! I said the first goal could dictate the tie and Annan needed to start fast. They did, and it did, but I did not expect the outcome to be that extreme.

A lot of understandable negative comments about Gregg Wylde, but Martin McNiff also got rinsed down that left side all night long. It was a bit of a masterclass from Wullie Gibson during that first half.

Dumbarton really did look like they had downed tools before half time, but Peter Murphy and Annan deserve loads of credit. Annan were great on the ball and strong throughout, 6 different scorers too, despite what some online stats say (Max Kilsby scored the 2nd goal)

Excellent crowd too, can't imagine there'll be much there on Saturday. What should be a money spinner will now probably be an eerie dead rubber.

Reckon Wullie Gibson probably MOM ( how many back heel passes did he make,lol)

but Tommy Goss led the line well too , no failures in the team though.

Dumbarton keeper made a number of good saves or it would have been double figures.

Edited by the philosopher
Afterthought

Having travelled last night and witnessed the farce that was not my intention to go on Saturday .

however options the club should consider

1 free entry to all

2 free entry to all season ticket holders

3 free entry to all who travelled to annan

4 substantially reduced entry to all 

without any consideration for this surely the crowd will be one worthy of the situation

"The players froze on the biggest game of the season"

Sorry Stevie, but the players have froze at every big game. First top of the table clash at Stirling? Shipped 6 goals. Chance to extend our lead at the top? Lost at home to Elgin. Chance to extend our lead again before a crucial top of the table clash? Shipped 5 goals to Albion Rovers. We somehow get ourselves a draw at Stirling and keep the title race alive only for us to lose the next 3 matches. One final chance to give it everything at home to Stirling and we seemed happy enough to play for a draw. 

Anyone who attended our previous gane with Annan said it could've been 8 or 9. The fact he learned nothing from that, sent the team out in the same manner and got absolutely dicked proves he's not fit to manage at this level, certainly not for a team with aspirations of promotion. The sad thing is, even if we do somehow end up bagging him, we have a deluded board with absolutely no football knowledge picking his replacement. There is only one direction of travel here. 

10 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

That wee kid with the terrible mullet is almost bad enough to play for Dumbarton.

Aidan Smith Annan supporters player of the year had a good game. 

3 minutes ago, marco44 said:

Aidan Smith Annan supporters player of the year had a good game. 

Yeah he did, I was just laughing about the miss he had. He played well and scored straight after that.

Still has a terrible haircut though.

Like moonster said, the manager says they all froze tonight, but they've frozen at each key point this season and the lack of urgency, lack of strength in depth, lack of changes and stuffy, unsuitable formation all come straight from the manager.

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

"The players froze on the biggest game of the season"

Sorry Stevie, but the players have froze at every big game. First top of the table clash at Stirling? Shipped 6 goals. Chance to extend our lead at the top? Lost at home to Elgin. Chance to extend our lead again before a crucial top of the table clash? Shipped 5 goals to Albion Rovers. We somehow get ourselves a draw at Stirling and keep the title race alive only for us to lose the next 3 matches. One final chance to give it everything at home to Stirling and we seemed happy enough to play for a draw. 

Lest we forget Edinburgh City. 

17 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Not a chance I'll be in attendance on Saturday. And I hope no-one else other than celebrating Annan fans attends.

Absolutely this. There is no point in complaining about wanting the manager bagged then turning up to clap him and his gang of turds off the park at the end of another playoff embarassment and run of form that would’ve seen most gaffers chopped. We have many who will unfortunately.