Annan vs Dumbarton, Dumbarton vs Annan

Final outcome  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Final outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 18:45

40 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Will Annan be streaming this?

I’m expecting it to be streamed live. 
The Annan Ath match commentator is meeting Club officials tomorrow to discuss it. 

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

We should be at full strength, u guys carrying any injuries ?

Only a couple. Our form isn’t really anything to go by at the minute, we’ve been heavily rotating the squad for the last 2 or 3 weeks as every game has been a deid rubber for us. Some of the guys who have been starting wont even get off the bench in the playoffs. Our form before the deid rubbers was actually pretty good from what I remember and included a number of clean sheets.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Only a couple. Our form isn’t really anything to go by at the minute, we’ve been heavily rotating the squad for the last 2 or 3 weeks as every game has been a deid rubber for us. Some of the guys who have been starting wont even get off the bench in the playoffs. Our form before the deid rubbers was actually pretty good from what I remember and included a number of clean sheets.

We played 3, scored 3, won 2 and didn't concede before we played Elgin and yesterdays game. Which was more like our early season grind it out style. 

I'm not expecting a pair of games that will go down as classics but just hoping we find a way through

Usual question - pay at the gate or is it eticket in advance?

There should always be an option for cash at the gate at this level of football. Probably going, but it'll be straight from work and if for any reason I'm delayed getting away and end up stuck in work then it would be nice to not have had to buy a ticket. 

13 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

There should always be an option for cash at the gate at this level of football. Probably going, but it'll be straight from work and if for any reason I'm delayed getting away and end up stuck in work then it would be nice to not have had to buy a ticket. 

Online by the looks of it, you can buy here - https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Dashboard

On 06/05/2023 at 18:35, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Will Annan be streaming this?

The game is being streamed live. 
expect there will be information this evening how to get the stream

7 minutes ago, marco44 said:

The game is being streamed live. 
expect there will be information this evening how to get the stream

Excellent news! Assuming we don't go 3-0 down after 27 minutes again 

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

There should always be an option for cash at the gate at this level of football. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Online by the looks of it, you can buy here - https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Dashboard

Online is preffered, but I would be very surprised if pay at the gate isn't an option.

As for the game, about a month ago I'd be confident of an Annan win, but there's been a bit of a loss of momentum recently and Dumbarton aren't as lame/depleted as they were last time they were at Galabank. 

If Annan can score early it could dictate the course of this tie, but if it stays tight for a while and Dumbarton score first I wouldn't be surprised if it finishes 1-0 on aggregate.

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

Excellent news! Assuming we don't go 3-0 down after 27 minutes again 

If it wasn't for your goalie turning in a Gordon Banks performance it would have been ten !!

Looking forward/ dreading these two games in equal measure. Think the winners of this tie will be the team that goes up.

Just hope it's Annan. About time we had our season in the sun...or even League One!

10 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

If it wasn't for your goalie turning in a Gordon Banks performance it would have been ten !!

Looking forward/ dreading these two games in equal measure. Think the winners of this tie will be the team that goes up.

Just hope it's Annan. About time we had our season in the sun...or even League One!

I hope the winners of this tie go up. Obviously I want it to be us but I've had a soft spot for Annan since the way you treated us the day we won the league at Galabank.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

I hope the winners of this tie go up. Obviously I want it to be us but I've had a soft spot for Annan since the way you treated us the day we won the league at Galabank.

Aye I'd echo this. I've always had a soft spot for Annan since that day. There's a lovely feel around the club and I can see why so many players stick around or come back for second spells. I wish we played at Galabank too.

I was in the Annan end for the playoff defeat to Clyde a few years ago at Broadwood. Hopefully it proves that my presence at playoff games is a bad luck charm for the Galabankies mind you...!

We should be pretty much full strength for this one. Declan Byrne up top, Orsi out wide, Div Wilson and Finlay Gray in midfield. Absolutely no reason why we can't get a result now we're back up to full strength, although Annan would probably be the last team I'd pick us to play in the division. The three wins were all very hard fought (even the 4-0) and they have battered us in the last two games. Even if we did win one of them.