Airdrie v Falkirk, 1st leg

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think it was a wild take at the time. I could see nothing but a tight nervy game coming, and certainly nothing like that first half. The point I was making at the time was that despite Airdrie having a potent attack, we shouldn't be somehow fearing that we can't win. 

What happened in between times, only John McGlynn knows. And I doubt he's ever going to tell us since he feels there was nothing wrong with how we set up 🤷‍♂️

His interview is a car crash eh, almost blaming the fans because they've been asking for 2 up front. The fact he thinks that Henderson header at 3-0 down could've been a game changer, that header is the definition of a 'half chance'. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think it was a wild take at the time. I could see nothing but a tight nervy game coming, and certainly nothing like that first half. The point I was making at the time was that despite Airdrie having a potent attack, we shouldn't be somehow fearing that we can't win. 

What happened in between times, only John McGlynn knows. And I doubt he's ever going to tell us since he feels there was nothing wrong with how we set up 🤷‍♂️

"you wanted 2 up top, so we went 2 up top"

Teflon John

4 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Teflon John

I actually hadn't realised that he had offered out the blame elsewhere, just read that it wasn't a good interview. 

On the basis of trying to blame anyone else for his tactics, and also inkeeping with my "start blaming the fans, get yourself to f**k out of my club" strategy, I'm afraid he can do one. 

Imagine trying to shift the responsibility for your own job onto other folk when it's quite literally you who stays in work or gets fired based on the results

3 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Teflon John

My favourite bit of the interview. As if he did it deliberately to prove his point to the fans demanding 2 up top. He then refused to change it when it went tits up just to really make the point stick.

He fucking hates being at Falkirk as much as the fans hate him being there.

Hope he survives, glorious.

35 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

🙈

I've gave you plenty greenies over the years fella, but this was one of your wilder takes.

thank god eh, could have been super embarrassing.

Plot twist, they did.

Catch up son, took the deserved slagging last night.

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

His interview is a car crash eh, almost blaming the fans because they've been asking for 2 up front. The fact he thinks that Henderson header at 3-0 down could've been a game changer, that header is the definition of a 'half chance'. 

He's a total dinosaur and a thick, ignorant clown - "we played well for the first 7-8 minutes" - what a joke of a manager coming out with that (trying to be serious) tripe, then trying to blame the referee for not giving them a penalty (what about Leon McCann not getting sent off then John?), shifting it onto the fans etc... etc...    

I hope McGlynn gets his jotters after Saturday, that interview post match was a shocker. Basically never owned up to being an inept twat and had the cheek to have a pop at the fans . Sorry but if your going to come out with that pish and blame everything other than your own failings then you can do one. 

Well, there goes my pre-match assertion of, “I’ve seen everything the playoffs have to offer over the years”, as I did not see that coming!

Incredibly proud of each and every one of those players for that performance - sure, Falkirk were diabolically bad but I think it’d be naive not to acknowledge that we played the game our way and dictated things from the first whistle, we fully merited that, and then some.

As well as the heart, fight, and desire shown by the players, we were tactically spot on too, for which Rhys and Dycey deserve great plaudits. I did question Rhys’ inclusion in the starting 11, given how important I’ve found his presence on the touchline to be during our good spell in the last quarter, but he proved that it was absolutely the right call.

I’m sure all Airdrie fans will agree that while the first half was some of the best, most free-flowing football we’ve played in recent years, I’m more proud of the game management we showed at 5-2. It’s something we’ve struggled with this season, so pleased to see we’ve learned some lessons. 

All of that said, I’m ruling NOTHING out yet - the tie isn’t done until at least 4:45pm on Saturday, so we need to start with the same intensity and get the job done.

Edited by thediamonddude

8 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

That post match interview...Jesus wept!!! Almost makes you feel sorry for the decent Falkirk fans...almost...

It made me feel sorry for McGlynn. He looked so out of his depth and had nothing worthwhile to say yet the interviewer allowed it to go on and on. And on. And on. If the media team at Falkirk had any heart they would edit that down to the couple of minutes that it should have been allowed to go on for or remove it entirely.

2 minutes ago, Diamond diehard said:

Serious question, why is Rae a red card and McCann not. Not even a yellow? Both denied goalscoring opportunity? Is that not the rule? Also thought McGinn and Donaldson were lucky not to get 2 yellows each. 

It may have been as it was in the box and i may be wrong but i think the laws were changed

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It may have been as it was in the box and i may be wrong but i think the laws were changed

In the box is only relevant if there is a geniune attempt to play the ball. In the case of pulling a player back like McCann did it should still be a red card. It is just dreadful refereeing.

26 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

In the box is only relevant if there is a geniune attempt to play the ball. In the case of pulling a player back like McCann did it should still be a red card. It is just dreadful refereeing.

Thats the conclusion I reached too. Genuinely wasn't sure of the laws mind you. 

33 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Let's be fair and all agree the quailty of refs scotland is quite frankly utter crap.