Airdrie v Falkirk, 1st leg

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Couldn't recall. Now I remember he somehow avoided a second yellow in a game despite handling outside the box at some point. Ok, two match ban it should be then unless they are deeming the Playoffs a totally separate competition for suspension purposes. I'm not certain but I think they treat them as extended league matches.

I believe for some reason they actually count as championship matches instead of league 1.

14 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Really disappointed that someone has told McGlum to keep his hands in his pockets and with a pen. miss that penguin flap

I tried to find this on Google, but instead it suggests that he doesn't like them at all:

image.png.a4fa725912275175f38ca79f665fc94f.png

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McGlynn had always been a very unlikeable w**k stain, so this scoreline is pleasing. 

Always liked him tbh. That was until he outed himself as a rape apologist. Get it right fucking up him. 

7 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Mcglynn discussing a potential 4 goal swing in 2nd leg - 'Football's crazy. I've been involved in a game where we lost 4 goals in 20 minutes"

Well, quite. How about an example when a team you have managed  came back from 4 goals down instead of simply stating ANOTHER TIME you lost buckets of goals in record time, muppet. 

:lol:

What a morale booster that must have been for the Falkirk fans. 

Went to bed at 5-2 fearing the worst tbh but 6-2 is a lovely little scoreline. 

Does mean that there won't be a fair few easy points for The Pars next season but I was in no doubt Falkirks season was over as soon as Matty Matty Todd, Matty Todd, Matty Matty Todd put that  second in at East End.

Stay doon. 

(Disclaimer: Next tie could be even more ridiculous) 

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

every time I look at the scores from League One it seems like Airdrie have scored five or more goals.  With that, and the general rise of the far right in Europe, what a time to be alive for the Airdrie fans!

hahahaha! That proper made me laugh out loud. Well played sir!

While we absolutely have the capacity to bottle it on Saturday and lose a four goal lead and most definitely have the ability to win the semi and balls up the final, the fact that folk like FFC1876, Rennieball, Bairnardo and that weird stalker guy, whose name I don't remember are absolutely and utterly miserable this morning is making it much easier to get up for work. Delicious stuff.

Edited by cb_diamond

What a game fellow diamonds, I was watching here in the USA.  Logged on a bit late to the guys link he shared here on on the match thread.  And when the game popped up it said 3-0, couldn't believe my eyes.  I am trying to plan better, do you think the guy will post a same link, or can i just pay for it through DTV or Falkirk TV so I don't have any lags.  Already order good pies, got some bottle of irn bru, and will have a fridge full of cans for this one and finish it off with a celebratory half.  

What a laugh. I had a bit of a cold anyway but I’ve woken up sounding like Sean Dyche and keep periodically bursting out laughing thinking about last night.

I’ve seen Airdrie hammer many teams this season, and was even at the 6-0 Queen’s Park v Falkirk game last season, but I’ve never seen a first half quite like that. Airdrie often have games where we start at an incredibly high tempo and are then relentless but last night wasn’t really like that, it was an even game until Devenny scored early on and then it just seemed like every time we went forward we scored. Falkirk still had plenty of the ball but just weren’t able to handle us. Indeed, the only way Donaldson and McGinn could deal with Gallagher was by kicking him after tackles. Donaldson in particular seemed very rattled, though he did look interested which is more than some of his colleagues. 

The second half was bizarre. To be 5-2 up in a play-off semi yet feel like you’re losing is a weird feeling. Rae’s moment of madness is why he’s at this level. As a goalkeeper he’s probably the best in the league but he makes stupid decisions worryingly often. That’s two red cards in half a season, plus the other Dunfermline game when he arguably should have been off. It felt inevitable that the resulting free-kick would go in and I did have the fear that Airdrie were about to produce the ultimate bottle job but fair play, McCabe changed a few things about and slowed the game down. The penalty at the end was vital, stops Falkirk taking any momentum into Saturday and I think everyone in the stadium knew that. 

Shout out to Aaron Taylor-Sinclair for his celebration after his goal. Charlie Telfer’s face after that is the happiest I’ve ever seen him, he really enjoyed that one and fair play.

I watched McGlynn’s interview there and he comes across terribly. No accountability for his poor tactics which seemed problematic from the start, bringing up the anti-Falkirk penalty agenda and then in the last minute just seeming like a broken man out of ideas. I’d feel sorry for him if it wasn’t John McGlynn.

I’m still not fully relaxed about Saturday. If any team can mess this up it’s Airdrie but it’s hard to see how McGlynn, who’s not exactly Mr Motivator at the best of times, turns things around and gets that team and the fans up for Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A highlight of the interview is the three successive shrugging "y'know"s half way through.

He doesn't know what to do or say.

That's a brutal interview and shame on Falkirk TV for putting him through it (although I did enjoy watching the first three times). A couple of quick questions and finish it, there was no need to prolong the man's agony. If that is how Falkirk's own media team treat the management it's no wonder they go through them at such a rate and probably why players do better when they move on.

9 minutes ago, Airdrie101 said:

What a game fellow diamonds, I was watching here in the USA.  Logged on a bit late to the guys link he shared here on on the match thread.  And when the game popped up it said 3-0, couldn't believe my eyes.  I am trying to plan better, do you think the guy will post a same link, or can i just pay for it through DTV or Falkirk TV so I don't have any lags.  Already order good pies, got some bottle of irn bru, and will have a fridge full of cans for this one and finish it off with a celebratory half.  

Usually able to buy the stream from either club a day or so prior to the match via the club websites. Airdrie's Diamonds TV will have attire astute and informative commentary, Falkirk's TV will be biased as f**k and give you so many LOL's so take your pick.

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Rae’s moment of madness is why he’s at this level. As a goalkeeper he’s probably the best in the league but he makes stupid decisions worryingly often. That’s two red cards in half a season, plus the other Dunfermline game when he arguably should have been off.

That was Dycey's indecision which cost us last night. Last night and for the match(es) that Rae will now miss. That was the defenders ball every fucking day of the week and he should have blootered it into orbit, instead he hung back waiting on Rae to come for a ball that was never his then when the forward nipped past him Rae instinctively put his foot out for a tackle. Not the best decision making as you say but he should never have been put in that position in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

That's a brutal interview and shame on Falkirk TV for putting him through it (although I did enjoy watching the first three times). A couple of quick questions and finish it, there was no need to prolong the man's agony. If that is how Falkirk's own media team treat the management it's no wonder they go through them at such a rate and probably why players do better when they move on.

Usually able to buy the stream from either club a day or so prior to the match via the club websites. Airdrie's Diamonds TV will have attire astute and informative commentary, Falkirk's TV will be biased as f**k and give you so many LOL's so take your pick.

That was Dycey's indecision which cost us last night. Last night and for the match(es) that Rae will now miss. That was the defenders ball every fucking day of the week and he should have blootered it into orbit, instead he hung back waiting on Rae to come for a ball that was never his then when the forward nipped past him Rae instinctively put his foot out for a tackle. Not the best decision making as you say but he should never have been put in that position in the first place.

It doesn't have to be either/or though. Fordyce should have dealt with it, but having not dealt with it Rae needed to be smarter. If it was the first time he'd done it I'd be more towards your view, but there's been warning signs this season already.

Don't want to be over critical, as you say it's a moment in a game and when you're a goalie it will matter more. It's just frustrating, he's been excellent overall and hopefully he still has a part to play.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

32 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

While we absolutely have the capacity to bottle it on Saturday and lose a four goal lead and most definitely have the ability to win the semi and balls up the final, the fact that folk like FFC1876, Rennieball, Bairnardo and that weird stalker guy, whose name I don't remember are absolutely and utterly miserable this morning is making it much easier to get up for work. Delicious stuff.

@ me you fucking coward

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@ me you fucking coward

Why would I @ a guy who literally spends all day, every day on these forums? You'll have read and replied to every thread, everywhere twice by lunchtime. I mean it took you about ten mins to find this 😂😂