Airdrie v Falkirk, 1st leg

12 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Yeah I’m talking about goals for 👍

Aye I get that, my point is you had yourselves keeping 2 clean sheets in your predictions, can't see that happening. I think there will be goals from both sides. I just don't feel too confident. Going to be a nervy affair I think. 

17 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Aye and maybe we are better than Liverpool. We've just not won our 6 European cups yet.

What a wonderfully child like view to think league placing (and a huge 7 points) is the be all and end all in judging a two legged knock out tie at the end of the season. Do you not think how the teams did against each other in previous games might have some relevance? And before the “we didn’t turn up in those games (bar one)“ starts, if you’re to be believed then you’ve turned up twice in what, fourteen(?) games when playing Airdrie. Okay mate. You’re a strange bunch, I thought being slapped about by Dunfermline might have changed this attitude (in your head, them being a massive 14 FOURTEEN points ahead of you must make them like Brazil, vastly superior and utterly untouchable - agreed?).
Btw I have Falkirk favourites but you never know!

Edited by Airdrie76

25 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Come on now folks, play nice. Battle of the b*****ds sounds nice. Let’s have a competition to see who can sing “No one likes us” the loudest.

Sevco song. Only one team's fans will be singing that tonight!

Bit of a shame this one isn't on the tv, much more interested in this playoff than any of the other offerings. Hard to justify the PPV from a neutral standpoint though when there is both UCL and PT v QP being broadcast. 

No matter, hope there's goals and red cards coming out of everyone's eyeballs.

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Because it absolutely dismisses the opposition and their ability. But if your team go out thinking they just need to turn up, play well and it'll all go smoothly, good. 

Teams can turn up, play well and still get beat. Just like they can be absolutely honking and somehow find a win. Discounting your opposition and dismissing their ability is arrogant. The fact you and many of your fellow Falkirk fans don't see that, probably goes some way to explaining why most opposition fans love it when your guys have a melt down. 

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Airdrie need to stop Falkirk's big players or we could be in trouble. Kennedy is an annoying diving little can't but a dangerous player who we've not dealt with very well, and to a lesser extent Morrison. Henderson's aerial ability is also a huge threat as we are not a particularly big side and tend to struggle in that department. Having said that I doubt we will change the way we play as Rhys likes the other team to worry about us.

Is that right lads?

9 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

What a wonderfully child like view to think league placing (and a huge 7 points) is the be all and end all in judging a two legged knock out tie at the end of the season. Do you not think how the teams did against each other in previous games might have some relevance? And before the “we didn’t turn up in those games (bar one)“ starts, if you’re to be believed then you’ve turned up twice in what, fourteen(?) games when playing Airdrie. Okay mate. You’re a strange bunch, I thought being slapped about by Dunfermline might have changed this attitude (in your head, them being a massive 14 FOURTEEN points ahead of you must make them like Brazil, vastly superior and utterly untouchable - agreed?).
Btw I have Falkirk favourites but you never know!

Sorry mate but this has given me a sore head.

Oh well. The last few pages have turned the tide of the generally civil discussion somewhat... 36 League game results and second place pretty obviously count for eff-all now, we need to buck up rapidly. Our alarming downward spiral since the Ayr game, barring one positive upward blip at Alloa, gives me the fear, especially given our defending verges on comical at some point in every single game. Also not at all clear why we would be "favourites" for this, given this recent run of really poor displays and Airdrie's general record against us over the past three years. The 3-1 game at Airdrie in February went our way in the end, but it was pretty even for a long time and Telfer's penalty miss at 1-1 was critical.

Airdrie will undoubtedly get after us tonight; they've generally been faster, more direct and more aggressive, which is partly why we've struggled so badly in recent years against them.  4 players in the TOTS seems a pretty fair reflection of their dangermen, so it needs a really big improvement from us to match their energy levels and movement, and defensively we need a huge upturn in concentration to stand up to their attack. Max, Kennedy & Morrison need to be fully on it, and FFS McGlynn play 2 up front, because there's two chances of us keeping a clean sheet - nae, and eff all. Think we'll lose tonight, but hopefully not by much, to give us a fighting chance on Saturday.  (Go on then Bairns, prove me wrong...)

5 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think a few P&B Bairns are building Airdrie up to be something they aren't. This is all about us & whether we turn up.

You're either at the wind up or have only started following Falkirk this season. 

From most Falkirk fans experience, we all know that big games and Falkirk FC don't go well. 

I hope your comments don't come back to bite you by 4.45 on saturday

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Any idea how many tickets we’ve sold for tonight? #crowdwank

Hearing we've sold 5k so far and will be across 3 stands due to our massiveness 

In all seriousness with this being the first leg and on a Tuesday night I would expect around 1500-2000 

Convinced myself for weeks we would be the underdogs against Falkirk and I didn’t have any expectations of going up this year. 

That all went out the window as I’ve sat at work all day shitting myself about tonight and have thought about nothing else but the game. 

I’ve said for years as a fan of a “diddy team” it’s the hope that kills you every time. Don’t think any of us will ever get used to the disappointment of losing in games like this (all lower league fans). 

I don’t mind the majority of Falkirk fans they have a much bigger support so bound to have a few diddies in it as do we in our support. They know the shit times just as much as us in recent years and it’s actually nice to have “rivals” in this division. It’s few and far between in the lower leagues with not many teams carrying much of a fan base.  

That being said let’s not get sentimental I hope we absolutely pump yous over the 2 legs and yous are stuck here for at least 1 more year. I’m sure folk can drag this thread down a bit further before it’s all said and done. 

For me I just want us not to bottle the occasion and at the very worst go down fighting and do ourselves justice. Let’s not throw it away in leg 1. 

Absolutely shitting it for tonight given Airdrie's past in playoffs and our Track record in shitting the bed at big games I'm not even going to attempt any sort of prediction I know how I want it to go but the reality is a. this is Falkirk and b anything can happen so if I look on the shite side anything that is the opposite is a bonus.

My earlier post was very much tongue-in-cheek 🎣

In honesty, all I am hoping for is come the end of tonight Falkirk are still in the tie and Saturday's game still a competitive encounter. I think both side having something to play for over the two legs makes for better games overall than one team taking a huge advantage into a game.