The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

The “we’re working a bank holiday for you people” tone is typical of the lack of humility shown by the club in the face of every single off-field f**k up this season. 

I don’t, of course, grudge the office staff their bank holiday. The Chief Executive and the Club President should be the ones in sorting this. If we could competently build a stadium, none of this would be an issue. If we’ve managed to double book a playoff for the top flight with a charity match, it would quite simply be the most on brand scenario imaginable. 

Edited by an86

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

The “we’re working a bank holiday for you people” tone is typical of the lack of humility shown by the club in the face of every single off-field f**k up this season. 

I don’t, of course, grudge the office staff their bank holiday. The Chief Executive and the Club President should be the ones in sorting this. If we could competently build a stadium, none of this would be an issue. If we’ve managed to double book a playoff for the top flight with a charity match, it would quite simply be the most on brand scenario imaginable. 

To be fair to QP, the play off dates were probably decided after the ground share agreement was put in place. We had to scramble to extend some player contracts this year.

17 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

To be fair to QP, the play off dates were probably decided after the ground share agreement was put in place. We had to scramble to extend some player contracts this year.

Neither of these things should have happened. Every club knows they might be involved in playoffs at whatever end of the table and have the procedures in place to deal with it.

If you’re running a professional football club, you should always be looking two or three steps ahead, rather than just crashing into issues as and when they arise. There are good and able working people at QP btw and none of this is a slight on them. It’s the leadership that steers the ship. 

44 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Exactly, it could be worse.  Was there not some lower league club kicked out of the Scottish Cup this year for playing an ineligible player?  

Just now, williebraveheart said:

The wording of that statement is frankly disgusting and insulting. Have they any idea how many people are working this bank holiday without trying on the martyr talk? 

I'm off, it's great. 

I know that Thistle have been put in a difficult position by Queens and their tinpottery, but not sure incentivising fans to leave the match early to ensure they get tickets is a great idea. Although I suppose QP did break off from the intensive data analysis to sacrifice 5 minutes of their bank holiday though.

Edited by One T

54 minutes ago, One T said:

I know that Thistle have been put in a difficult position by Queens and their tinpottery, but not sure incentivising fans to leave the match early to ensure they get tickets is a great idea. Although I suppose QP did break off from the intensive data analysis to sacrifice 5 minutes of their bank holiday though.

It’s not an unusual way for us to sell tickets this way

44 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

It can’t be easy for those players who are being asked to play the n play offs knowing they are out of contract now and are not getting an offer for next season 

has thistle extended their current contracts?

No, no contracts have been renewed since last summer, and there’s several players out of contract that I’d imagine we would wish to keep for next season. There’s only one or two who I suspect the club are happy to let leave, and wouldn’t engage in any discussions with.