The Wasps v The Pars

Not much riding on the game for either side really. We still got the possibility of getting 3rd depending on results.

A chance for both teams to give squad players a run out and in our case, one last chance to impress Rice before the play offs.

Could see a 0-0 coming.

Extending our unbeaten record is the biggest motovation for this game.

Got Bene back from this one. I would imagine Alloa will have a go at us which always helps.

Think a narrow Pars win to see out the season.

Would be good to avoid defeat; just a shame we had that loss at Links Park as an "invincible" season would have been quite the achievement. Not fussed either way obviously, and not sure if I'll be going. Wonder if we might see a few younger players like Little, Fenton and Sutherland getting a run out. 

Some of us might not mind too much if we lose this , it is meaningless apart from fringe players from both sides possibly getting a chance

Do we want to be third or fourth ? , personally i would prefer Airdrie to play falkirk first and let them scrap it out in a dirty foul strewn battle 🙂

Realistically though it would be nice to win this , but maybe in different circumstances 

Good luck to the pars in the Champs  mind and stay there and let us Diddies fight it out on our own terms next season

As for our chances in the playoffs and joining you we are the outsiders for sure , but you never know . 

A Draw might be the outcome here  . just bring plenty of your filthy black and white lucre and keep our chairman happy . A bientot ...

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Do we want to be third or fourth ? , personally i would prefer Airdrie to play falkirk first and let them scrap it out in a dirty foul strewn battle 🙂

I'd prefer 4th because we've played Falkirk and Airdrie 5 times each this season so I'd rather play someone else in the playoffs

Hopefully a decent away support and atmosphere in the ground for what will essentially be a glorified bounce game- despite both managers stating otherwise.

Bit of chat on the run in topic on the forum re 3rd/4th preference. We take who we get- there's no real hiding place or backdoor route to winning the playoffs. Previous form against your opponent goes out the window often in these games. Falkirk will be favourites but they'll be feeling the pressure that goes with it. They certainly have more riding on it than ourselves and Airdrie and will be interesting to see how they respond to it- regardless of how the ties pan out at time up.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, Rory said:

I'd prefer 4th because we've played Falkirk and Airdrie 5 times each this season so I'd rather play someone else in the playoffs

Well we would play one of them anyway if we do finish fourth and get past the Ch team

Anyone else not seeing their tickets come up?

Seems totally unnecessary to creat an account and have them on the Alloa website when an emailed copy would suffice like it does with every other club I have bought tickets from.

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seems totally unnecessary to creat an account and have them on the Alloa website when an emailed copy would suffice like it does with every other club I have bought tickets from.

Nah, got my ticket fine.

16 hours ago, 101 said:

Signing up is about giving the tools to fix an error yourself. Get surprisingly a lot of people who type email addresses wrong. I don't always have lots of time to baby those errors.

Instead of an email disappearing into the ether and having to seek support so I can manually send you it - there's a section on your account page that displays the tickets, you can download them yourself. Saves important time on a matchday.

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Signing up is about giving the tools to fix an error yourself. Get surprisingly a lot of people who type email addresses wrong. I don't always have lots of time to baby those errors.

Instead of an email disappearing into the ether and having to seek support so I can manually send you it - there's a section on your account page that displays the tickets, you can download them yourself. Saves important time on a matchday.

It's come through now thanks just took a few hours for the email to follow the confirmation.

Best place to park still the supermarket?

Slightly surprised to not see any of the young guys involved this afternoon but I guess their midweek hammering - and the desire to keep the unbeaten record going - put the ixnay on that.

Not sure if Alloa would rather play Falkirk or Hamilton in the play-offs? Could well be an easier route to the final if they finish 4th rather than 3rd.