Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

1 minute ago, Dev said:

A cowardly withdrawal from having the vote as the figures were likely to be very damaging to the SFA Board, Maxwell and the three sponsor clubs of the conference league. Without having official voting figures others cannot throw them at this small group. That is a shame.

However, it would be good to see the Lowland league turn a new leaf and not only reverse its' positive decisions about the B teams as soon as legally sensible to do so but also sort out the relegations/promotions situation with the Tier 6 Leagues asap.

There is also the absolute need to sort out just what would help the Under 17 through Under 21 groups to fulfil their potential - another asap.

Then there's restructuring. There are numerous alternatives but they should take on board what will help the youngsters to come through as best they can.

Finally be wary of the SFA potential slight of hand. We've seen it so many times over the years. It needs to be rooted out asap. How else can anyone have any confidence in the SFA.

Now should be just the start. It is not a victory yet.

I agree, my fear now is that they will find a way to shaft us in other ways.

41 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.0c7d76a37c1e1657f383322d767b2974.png

Imagine if the LL called an EGM, reversed their decision and said no B teams next season, and then moved to one auto relegation and one PO spot.

They might get added to the good guys list.

1 minute ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I agree, my fear now is that they will find a way to shaft us in other ways.

Try to avoid drinking the kool-aid. The club 42 playoff rules are a legally binding document so they can't force this through unilaterally any more than they could force the LL and EoS to accept the east region of the SJFA as a tier 6 feeder to the LL. Maxwell and Petrie should have learned a lesson from that saga but clearly didn't.

I fully expect the SFA to learn the wrong lessons from this humiliation.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, in the community that has developed against the Conference has anything but the best wishes for all Scottish football. Those best wishes run from the lowest tier of the Pyramid to the International team itself. The opposition has been to the sheer wrong headedness of the proposal. Everyone would welcome the SFA consulting widely on how best to develop the game in Scotland for the whole Pyramid and also to contribute fully to developing young players to the best of their ability.

Whether Maxwell has the vision, nous, political touch and feel for the Scottish game I would very seriously doubt. Time for him to go.

28 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Imagine if the LL called an EGM, reversed their decision and said no B teams next season, and then moved to one auto relegation and one PO spot.

They might get added to the good guys list.

Wake up man you're dreaming. But it would be good if a number of LL clubs talked to one another and made this a goer. @Pyramid Watcher get on the blower son.

Is Browns position at the head of the LL now untenable. Given the line he fed the clubs about the conference getting pushed through in time for 2023/24, so as a league must vote to keep b teams in to safeguard the LL's future. Vote of no coincidence seems apt.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Great news, it’s 2012 all over again. SFA and SPFL thought they could ride roughshod over everyone else. Well it’s the Clubs and the fans that have the power and once again we’ve said a resounding No! If Maxwell has a shred of decency he’ll be resigning tomorrow.  Won’t hold my breath on that one. 

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Great news, it’s 2012 all over again. SFA and SPFL thought they could ride roughshod over everyone else. Well it’s the Clubs and the fans that have the power and once again we’ve said a resounding No! If Maxwell has a shred of decency he’ll be resigning tomorrow.  Won’t hold my breath on that one. 

Absolutely 

Edited by CambieBud

As William Congreve would put it;

"nor hell a fury, like the SFA scorn'd".

They have had their fingers burned so will be out to punish those they see as the guilty party.

The pyramid will be under constant attack now from these charlatans.

Just checked my e-mails and saw the message from change.org about the withdrawl.

Just like 2012, the fans have won.

Maxwell has to go now. SFA not fit for the purpose they are meant for and out of touch. The spin will be about all these selfish clubs and their own narrow self interest.

B Teams should be not be allowed to start in next season's Lowland League.

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

As William Congreve would put it;

"nor hell a fury, like the SFA scorn'd".

They have had their fingers burned so will be out to punish those they see as the guilty party.

The pyramid will be under constant attack now from these charlatans.

It's important to bear in mind that the SFA is an association of its members and Golspie Sutherland have as much voting clout at an SFA AGM as Rangers. The pyramid was always more of a priority for the SFA than it was for the SPL and SFL because the nonleague seniors had considerable voting clout in an SFA context. That hasn't changed and if anything that voting clout is even stronger now. What unfolded today was a useful reminder to the SFA blazers that the Old Firm may get to shape the media talking points to a large extent but they don't control what happens in Scottish football any time it has to go to a vote of member clubs because most of the other clubs and especially their fans despise them.

Maybe a help for the future as Rod Petrie is standing down as SFA President as many of you will know to be replaced by Mike Mulraney Alloa chairman. Didn't know this myself before, I was looking around for reaction on the Rangers and Celtic forums to the Conference idea going into the skip and found this thread https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/mike-mulraney-to-replace-rod-petrie-as-sfa-president.243243/ The orcs raging again that they don't have one of their own in charge. Off topic but I like a good meltdown.

Orcs didn't think it was a good idea anyway. https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/conference-league-plans-to-bite-the-dust.243228/

No mention of it on Kerrydale Street.

Hearts fans comments here - https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/192935-pyramid-leagues-superthread/page/38/#comments

30 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's important to bear in mind that the SFA is an association of its members and Golspie Sutherland have as much voting clout at an SFA AGM as Rangers. The pyramid was always more of a priority for the SFA than it was for the SPL and SFL because the nonleague seniors had considerable voting clout in an SFA context. That hasn't changed and if anything that voting clout is even stronger now. What unfolded today was a useful reminder to the SFA blazers that the Old Firm may get to shape the media talking points to a large extent but they don't control what happens in Scottish football any time it has to go to a vote of member clubs because most of the other clubs and especially their fans despise them.

Those in authority always aim to divide and conquer; which is how they started this by all accounts, talking individually to the LL and HL and 'scaring' them into conceding to the will of the bosses. It is to be hoped that the main positive to come out of this, the defeat of the resolution accepted, is the openness that we have seen from a number of clubs fan and privately owned alike. And also across the league's in the pyramid.

The powers that be will continue to win if the Elgin City statement about this not affecting them is how clubs react. 

Continued dialogue is now needed to have a fully functioning pyramid that benefits all. 

54 minutes ago, Piltanton blue said:

Now it’s time for the lowland league teams  to have the balls  to get rid of the old firm & Hearts B teams  unfortunately I won’t hold my breth

The clubs who voted no. Tranent, Boness, East Stirlingshire, The Braves and whomever the other one was now need to be proactive and contact the 10 and, if their constitution allows, have another meeting regarding the b teams. 

Do Gers/Celts/Hearts honestly want to be in LL with no future plan in place now?

27 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Maybe a help for the future as Rod Petrie is standing down as SFA President as many of you will know to be replaced by Mike Mulraney Alloa chairman. Didn't know this myself before, I was looking around for reaction on the Rangers and Celtic forums to the Conference idea going into the skip and found this thread https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/mike-mulraney-to-replace-rod-petrie-as-sfa-president.243243/ The orcs raging again that they don't have one of their own in charge. Off topic but I like a good meltdown.

Orcs didn't think it was a good idea anyway. https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/conference-league-plans-to-bite-the-dust.243228/

No mention of it on Kerrydale Street.

Hearts fans comments here - https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/192935-pyramid-leagues-superthread/page/38/#comments

From Kickback. Comments like these immediately blaming their rivals for anything they don't like is like the middle square 'free space' on a bingo card.

image.png.4bf24aa10c7af57f54240c34258fc430.png