Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

1 hour ago, Toby said:

https://twitter.com/tonclubtogether/status/1662363466978451456?s=46&t=mPi-CBP2m1lKxRNMQCkJuA

Results from MCT’s poll of supporters announced this morning. Given that MCT have around an 80% stake in Morton, it can be assumed with a degree of certainty that our magnificent club will be in the good guys list.

Shocked that 19% voted in favour of it.

7 minutes ago, stanley said:

Shocked that 19% voted in favour of it.

There’s more too that if you read the statement, though.

There’s only a small sample of quotes, but if you read MCT’s take on it,  they seem to feel that most of the 19% are in favour of some sort of reconstruction, but against the inclusion of B Teams.

33 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The LL Chairman on the Official Catch Up podcast said it was a done deal ! Think he was got at and Doncaster and Maxwell though the LL Clubs would fall in line at the prospect of a 40k payday. Doesn’t look that way at the moment but will be a close run thing as Premier and Championship will mostly vote for.

Why would the Premiership and Championship teams vote for it? For the bigger sides, it only offers two (possibly four) any sort of benefit. Why would Kilmarnock or St Johnstone want other clubs in their league to be able to stockpile more youngsters? In any event, Aberdeen didn't seem to want to upset the Highland League teams, Motherwell are fan run and will almost certainly vote against, Morton are in the same boat, Dunfermline have asked their fans for their views and have always been against B Teams I'm general, etc etc and so on. Saying that the "Premier and Championship teams will mostly vote for" seems like it's the new "League One and Two clubs are all for it" which has already been debunked.

35 minutes ago, Toby said:

There’s more too that if you read the statement, though.

There’s only a small sample of quotes, but if you read MCT’s take on it,  they seem to feel that most of the 19% are in favour of some sort of reconstruction, but against the inclusion of B Teams.

Fair enough, I just skimmed it briefly. Main thing is the vote against 

40 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Why would the Premiership and Championship teams vote for it? For the bigger sides, it only offers two (possibly four) any sort of benefit. Why would Kilmarnock or St Johnstone want other clubs in their league to be able to stockpile more youngsters? In any event, Aberdeen didn't seem to want to upset the Highland League teams, Motherwell are fan run and will almost certainly vote against, Morton are in the same boat, Dunfermline have asked their fans for their views and have always been against B Teams I'm general, etc etc and so on. Saying that the "Premier and Championship teams will mostly vote for" seems like it's the new "League One and Two clubs are all for it" which has already been debunked.

Just that historically, Premier and Championship teams tow the party line given to them by Doncaster and their fans are not really bothered as they don’t see it affecting them. Maybe this vote will be different but im not confident.

There is some evidence that the SFA and several Premiership clubs are paying lip service to youth development at U18 .  A couple of weeks ago, Hibs forfeited the 3 points to Hearts in the U18 league after twice failing to agree a rescheduled date.  The league was clinched by Hamilton earlier this week and it appears that the SFA has allowed clubs to cancel any outstanding fixtures. Two games were cancelled yesterday as a result, Motherwell v Hibs and Aberdeen v Dundee United.

For the custodians of the game, it is poor from the SFA and those clubs, when they claim to put so much emphasis on youth development.

I take it the vote is going to be per club and not a vote per league or association.
42 SPFL clubs and 18 highland and the 16 in Lowland, all individual votes per club.
If it was a vote per league, I'd say Lowland, Highland and SPFL2 would vote against it and I'd think SPFL1 would do the same but very close.
But per club, I aint sure, Hoping that the SPFL1 clubs see sense.
This conference league is wrong.  Someone said further up Thomas Brown Lowland league chairman has been got at and  I'm sure many others have done the same. Without doubt there's many many meetings, dodgy dealings, back handers  to try and get this over the line, all allegedly but we all think the same.
Maxwell and Brown should resign over this.

The conference is wrong and it will show Scottish Football as more corrupt that its ever been, sickening

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I take it the vote is going to be per club and not a vote per league or association.
42 SPFL clubs and 18 highland and the 16 in Lowland, all individual votes per club.
If it was a vote per league, I'd say Lowland, Highland and SPFL2 would vote against it and I'd think SPFL1 would do the same but very close.
This conference league is wrong.  Someone said further up Thomas Brown Lowland league chairman has been got at and  I'm sure many others have done the same. Without doubt there's many many meetings, dodgy dealings, back handers  to try and get this over the line, all allegedly but we all think the same.

The conference is wrong and it would should Scottish Football as corrupt, just utter corrupt

Apparently tier 6 and 7 leagues get a vote but tier 5 leagues don't, maybe someone could confirm this. Recently licensed clubs don't get a vote but all other licensed clubs do, whatever league they're in. 

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently tier 6 and 7 leagues get a vote but tier 5 leagues don't, maybe someone could confirm this. Recently licensed clubs don't get a vote but all other licensed clubs do, whatever league they're in. 

I would love this to be true but I don't think so, if tier 6 and 7 clubs were allowed to vote I'm sure they would only make it ones with an SFA license, cause the SFA know every club tier 6 and 7 or below would vote a resounding NO.

Yeah realized later that no club from tier 6 down can vote unless they have been licensed since 2018. Sounds like the SFA don't want clubs lower down having much power as if all tier 6 clubs voted then it would be a resounding NO for the conference.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I would love this to be true but I don't think so, if tier 6 and 7 clubs were allowed to vote I'm sure they would only make it ones with an SFA license, cause the SFA know every club tier 6 and 7 or below would vote a resounding NO

Think I got it wrong about the leagues who get a vote, it's football associations rather than leagues.

John Campbell, Highland League Secretary:

Both the Aberdeenshire FA and the North of Scotland FA (which all SHFL clubs are affiliated to) have the right to vote, unlike the SHFL, as an affiliated league, who although are invited to attend, have no right to vote.

All licensed clubs get a vote, whatever league they're in, except those who were licensed after 2018 (?).

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Think I got it wrong about the leagues who get a vote, it's football associations rather than leagues.

John Campbell, Highland League Secretary:

All licensed clubs get a vote, whatever league they're in, except those who were licensed after 2018 (?).

Why 2018, why not after 2011?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I don’t think any league gets a vote but associations do. For example, Fife Association gets a vote and now includes Clubs like St Andrews and Dundonald Bluebell so they will have an input.

6 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

I can almost see why League 2 clubs would be tempted, but can't for the life of me think of any reasons why teams in League 1 and above (without a team involved) would vote for this en masse.

Most are sheep who look to curry favour with Doncaster and Maxwell 

17 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Why 2018, why not after 2011?

A number of clubs moved to the EoSFL for the 2018-19 season. With about a 12+ entering the SFA licencing process. At the time LTHV had only become the 90th licenced club.

SFA/SPFL wanted to consolidate the power in the "professional" game and not have the non-league become a dominant voting block.

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The conference is wrong and it will show Scottish Football as more corrupt that its ever been, sickening

Grossly inefficient are the words I would use, based on the below par performances of the men's national side for so many years. The Conference proposal favours a tiny number of clubs in the SPFL Premier and that is it. Nothing for anyone-else except negatives.

Stirling have confirmed that fans/supporters trust members will decide how the club votes. 

Voting opened today and will close on Friday 2nd June.

I haven't seen any Stirling fan on here, the Facebook group, social media, or spoken to in person that is in favour of it.

Barring the allmightiest of arse collapses, Stirling will vote No to the conference league

5 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Just that historically, Premier and Championship teams tow the party line given to them by Doncaster and their fans are not really bothered as they don’t see it affecting them. Maybe this vote will be different but im not confident.

I suppose you could argue that, given that the most high profile Lowland Club to take the B Team boab were “historically” a Championship club.