Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

That's half the HL now. Wick Academy and Rothes?

I think it's just them, Broch, Locos, Formartine and BoD to go, even Brora look like doing a U-turn. It would be fun if Wick pretended to be wildly enthusiastic for lolz. :lol: Meanwhile I think Michael Beale should be added to this list, not sure what his comments on the issue actually mean but he's destroyed the whole justification for B-teams in the Lowland League and the Conference.

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think it's just them, Broch, Locos, Formartine and BoD to go, even Brora look like doing a U-turn. It would be fun if Wick pretended to be wildly enthusiastic for lolz. :lol: Meanwhile I think Michael Beale should be added to this list, not sure what his comments on the issue actually mean but he's destroyed the whole justification for B-teams in the Lowland League and the Conference.

And Brechin

Have any LLland clubs declared their stance on the Con League. Plenty of HL clubs mentioned on here. Just asking cause this is a Lowland thread after all.

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Have any LLland clubs declared their stance on the Con League. Plenty of HL clubs mentioned on here. Just asking cause this is a Lowland thread after all.

At least 6 of them, according to post #1 on page 1 of this thread 

12 minutes ago, archieb said:

At least 6 of them, according to post #1 on page 1 of this thread 

Oh yeah thought got it in my head that was the b team nonsense.

Another senior moment to and to the list. I 😱

On 17/05/2023 at 18:14, Ray Patterson said:

You simply love to see it BUT quite disappointing there's been no official word from SPFL clubs. 

Falkirk, St Mirren, Morton and a couple of others said they would discuss it with fans a few weeks back, and there's been almost no chat since.

Our supporters society have asked the question to fans before making a decision. This has to happen given our ownership model now. A poll is running until this Sunday. I expect a resounding no.

On 19/05/2023 at 16:43, Ginaro said:

Forgot those FAs, assuming they have a vote as well - is this a definitive list of those allowed to vote?

• 42 SPFL clubs
  • 18 Highland and 16 Lowland clubs
  • 16 tier 6 clubs licensed before the 2019 AGM (p62 of the handbook)? WOS - Girvan, Glasgow Uni, Threave, SOS - Newton Stewart, St Cuthbert W, Wigtown & B, NCL - FW and Golspie, EOS - Burntisland, Coldstream, Hawick, Linlithgow, LTHV, Preston, VOL, WW
  • All 10 affiliated associations listed on page 48 of the SFA handbook?
  • All 7 national associations on p49?
  • Any others?

That means a total of 109 voters? 

Anyone able to clarify the exact number of voters allowed to have their say on the Conference motion? @Burnieman

Affiliated associations being the following FAs: Aberdeen, EOS, Fife, Forfarshire, Glasgow, North, Southern Countries, Stirlingshire, West, Wigtown

National associations being: Amateur, Junior, Para, Schools, Welfare, Womens, Youth

On 17/05/2023 at 18:14, Ray Patterson said:

You simply love to see it BUT quite disappointing there's been no official word from SPFL clubs. 

Falkirk, St Mirren, Morton and a couple of others said they would discuss it with fans a few weeks back, and there's been almost no chat since.

https://twitter.com/tonclubtogether/status/1662363466978451456?s=46&t=mPi-CBP2m1lKxRNMQCkJuA

Results from MCT’s poll of supporters announced this morning. Given that MCT have around an 80% stake in Morton, it can be assumed with a degree of certainty that our magnificent club will be in the good guys list.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Annan and Bonnyrigg can't possibly be against it. After all, we were told by those who said it was a "done deal" that the SPFL Clubs, especially the League 2 Clubs, were all for it. 

The LL Chairman on the Official Catch Up podcast said it was a done deal ! Think he was got at and Doncaster and Maxwell though the LL Clubs would fall in line at the prospect of a 40k payday. Doesn’t look that way at the moment but will be a close run thing as Premier and Championship will mostly vote for.