Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

12 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

I seldom agree with ICR.

I do now. On this topic anyway. Probably the only topic.

Maybe ever.

I wonder if whiskery Donald has phoned Cambuslang, Kilwinning, Kilsyth, Queens Park (no, not them), and Hong Kong tae get some  back up tae the project.

Of all people, (Donald is a very clever man),...surely he wouldn't fall for the promise of jam tomorrow ?

I don't really know much (anything except Google maps) about Brora.

It looks like quite a nice place. Is it also full of completely selfish arseholes ?

Its ok I found myself agreeing with you on a thread somewhere and im only now getting over it. 
I would agree that DF surely isnt acting in Cowdenbeath’s best interest here, it anything it absolutely destroys any chance they have of getting back into the spfl. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its ok I found myself agreeing with you on a thread somewhere and im only now getting over it. 
I would agree that DF surely isnt acting in Cowdenbeath’s best interest here, it anything it absolutely destroys any chance they have of getting back into the spfl. 

Why does voting for B teams to continue in LL destroy any chance for CFC getting back to SPFL? 

38 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Relegating yourselves voluntarily down a tier then when decent teams get promoted into the LL you’ll be relegation fodder down yet another tier. 

There hasn’t been a vote on the conference yet !

You seem to be assuming because Cowden voted for B Teams for another year in the LL,  they will vote for the Conference. Why would they, a LL with B Teams negates the need for a conference.

On 02/05/2023 at 23:34, Only coo in the village said:

Who was the celebrity that Poet of the Macabre claimed to have shagged some years back? Was understandably using another user name for a while but it’s crawled back from under it’s stone :) 

Hayden Panettiere.

Creepy little saddact.

9 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Hayden Panettiere.

Creepy little saddact.

Why is this relevant.

I thought the aim of this thread was to have a go at you coo fans. 😁😁😁

'Tries to interject some humour, knowing it will end disastrously'.

I was going to end with enjoy your fitba; then I remembered you are in LLland.😁😁😁

Are your board, management and players aware of the hell they have dropped you poor fans into.😁😁😁

5 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Why is this relevant.

I thought the aim of this thread was to have a go at you coo fans. 😁😁😁

'Tries to interject some humour, knowing it will end disastrously'.

I was going to end with enjoy your fitba; then I remembered you are in LLland.😁😁😁

Are your board, management and players aware of the hell they have dropped you poor fans into.😁😁😁

Have to admit It’s not easy being slagged off by Pars fans who have now discovered morals after going bust and screwing over local businesses a few years back.

Turriff United hitting the nail right on the head.

https://www.turriffunitedfc.co.uk/news/1002/club-statement-on-conference-league-proposals

''We, along with many other clubs, worked extremely hard to get to where we are now, striving to meet the various requirements required to gain an SFA club license and all the financial implications that that entails. Many hundreds of hours of work every year are also poured into our club to maintain that license, be it through the ground maintenance we need to keep it to standard or the regulations we need to adhere to to keep it. 

To have that work done only to be moved down a level through no fault of our own to facilitate an extra league that isn't needed being added in above us is pretty soul destroying.

And that doesn't just count for us, that also counts for the 200+ other teams who stand to be moved down levels from where they have currently worked very hard to get to. ''

6 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Turriff United hitting the nail right on the head.

https://www.turriffunitedfc.co.uk/news/1002/club-statement-on-conference-league-proposals

''We, along with many other clubs, worked extremely hard to get to where we are now, striving to meet the various requirements required to gain an SFA club license and all the financial implications that that entails. Many hundreds of hours of work every year are also poured into our club to maintain that license, be it through the ground maintenance we need to keep it to standard or the regulations we need to adhere to to keep it. 

To have that work done only to be moved down a level through no fault of our own to facilitate an extra league that isn't needed being added in above us is pretty soul destroying.

And that doesn't just count for us, that also counts for the 200+ other teams who stand to be moved down levels from where they have currently worked very hard to get to. ''

Well at least the SFA/arsecheeks are  uniting the clubs. What is needed is more SPFL clubs coming out against it. Not just the conference, the b team nonsense too.

Another good guy from the Highland League.. 

As I am sure most of our fans are aware there has been a lot of news in the press recently in regards to a proposed New Conference League which would slot in above the Scottish Highland Football League and would feature Colt teams and a selection of teams from the Scottish Highland Football League and Lowland League.

Everyone at Keith FC understand the need to review the current structure of Scottish Football, but as a club we feel that given the information that has been seen, this is NOT the way forward and we as a club would vote NO based on the current information we have seen in the media.

We like many other clubs are proud of our History and proud of the Scottish Highland Football League and will do all we can to protect both our club and our League.

We would like our fans feedback and views on the proposed new Conference league, Please see voting form in the link below which will allow you to vote for or against the proposal and will give the board of your club a good indication of our fans feelings on this.

We look forward to receiving your feedback

Hopefully some good comes out of this supporters-led campaign to re-think the Conference proposal before it is realized. 

The pause caused by COVID was an opportunity to make changes to Scottish football, but nothing meaningful has emerged yet.

In Europe, ‘Pyramid’ refers not only to promotion and relegation, but to the actual shape of the structure: a narrow top with a limited number of elite professional clubs (best v best), and a wide, strong base with numerous semi-professional and amateur sides split regionally - often at Tier 3 or 4. 

In Scotland, we have a linear column-like structure, with a repeated 10-team national format in which semi-professional clubs play each other (fearfully) 4 times a season.  It's poor as it is - adding another ‘storey’ into this column would weaken it further.

If the SFA were to design a structure first, learning from European examples, we’d have a much better system for the benefit of all - and 'promotion', of sorts, for most clubs. 

Euro pyramid LARGE.jpg

Euro pyramid SMALL.jpg

Edited by Che Dail