Queens v Kelty

22 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Great stuff Harry - a goal and an assist - now just sign on the dotted line on this wee bit of paper that Skyline has in his briefcase - you know it makes sense!  🙂

Cochrane has played really well, but it was McGrory with the assist for the second. 

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Not at the game, but looks as though Bartley has been giving Irving a good chance lately to see if he has anything to offer for next season.  I thought he looked out of his depth up at Dunfermline although most strikers at this level would have struggled against the Pars back line this season.

Is Dabrowski injured or is Bartley just giving Botterill plenty game time in similar fashion to see if he's worth holding on to for next season?  Suspect the latter ... can't blame Marvin for doing so at this stage really.

He's not up to it for me. As I say, the boy works hard and looks like he loves playing for us but that counts for nothing if you aren't good enough. I don't think he is. I have a feeling he'll be kept on though. 

Kev is warming up the now. I've just assumed MB is deciding whether to offer Botterill a contract. Which makes me think Kev will be off. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Cochrane has played really well, but it was McGrory with the assist for the second. 

Thanks ... I think I got the "Cochrane assist" rubbish from the BBC updates ...

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's not up to it for me. As I say, the boy works hard and looks like he loves playing for us but that counts for nothing if you aren't good enough. I don't think he is. I have a feeling he'll be kept on though. 

Kev is warming up the now. I've just assumed MB is deciding whether to offer Botterill a contract. Which makes me think Kev will be off. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Yep, my view of Irving too ... shame though.

Yeah, no guarantees with Kevin so Marvin needs to know whether Botterill is good enough.

Nice to see a dominant performance from a side featuring some less familiar faces.

Glad to see the back of that pitch.

It's frustrating that we wound up only 3 points and one place outside of the play -offs.  

Next season needs to be better.  

41 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

On Paton's booking, a fair penalty claim, deserved booking or just an accidental coming together? Wrong end of the pitch for me to see clearly but thought he got a nudge in the back. 

I thought it was a fair claim at the time as I thought Paton was in a position to shoot. Having looked at the stills on the website (obviously a still never tells the whole story) I think it looks like a dive. He looks to be behind the defenders and has just taken a fall. I expect the highlights will show it better (if there are any). 

I never claimed for the actual penalty mind you as I thought it hit the guy's body.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought it was a fair claim at the time as I thought Paton was in a position to shoot. Having looked at the stills on the website (obviously a still never tells the whole story) I think it looks like a dive. He looks to be behind the defenders and has just taken a fall. I expect the highlights will show it better (if there are any). 

I never claimed for the actual penalty mind you as I thought it hit the guy's body.

Aye, it's probably one of those cases of why would he take a dive if he was in a good position to get a shot away. As for the actual second half pen, didn't seem to be too many complaints from the Kelty players, might have been if there was more at stake mind. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

On Paton's booking, a fair penalty claim, deserved booking or just an accidental coming together? Wrong end of the pitch for me to see clearly but thought he got a nudge in the back. 

He was lucky to still be on the pitch, he raised his arm and clattered a Kelty player running back on to the pitch after kicking the dug out

2 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

He was lucky to still be on the pitch, he raised his arm and clattered a Kelty player running back on to the pitch after kicking the dug out

Slight exaggeration. Was right in front of me. It was needless but he hardly "clattered" the Kelty player.