Final Day: Raith Rovers vs Thistle - Friday 5th May 2023

Did enjoy all the Thistle young team coming down to the front of the stand at half time, just in time to see a stonewall penalty not given right in front of them and watch us go up the park to score about a minute later. Best of luck in the play offs, if any team is going to win them… ah f**k it, its not going to be the team in 4th, is it? 

First half, I thought we were terrible. Really passive, our passing and first touch was poor. We were narrow and that allowed the partick wingers lots of space and time. Second half we were a bit better, but the second goal, not one of our defenders looked like they knew where the ball was. Partick being set to finish 4th is probably why there seemed to be a bit of desperation from them. Which was summed up by Tiffoneys reaction to Ross going off. I like Tiffoney, i really wish we had him at Raith, but it seemed like an over-reaction. 
All the best to partick in the playoffs, won’t be easy given your starting position. As for us, we really need a striker and a new back line. 

An absolute bottle job. It really, really should have been a procession tonight but they shat it after the equaliser. Not sure that coming out for the second half and immediately playing like there was 2 minutes left was entirely necessary.

We should’ve had a penalty and MacDonald made a fantastic save from Mullen.

Onto Tuesday night I suppose. 

I’d have chucked it if we got morton in the play offs and lost. We were lucky to even make it to be honest.

Grahams constant whinging and throwing his hands in the air every time something goes against him is starting to piss me off. Fed up watching him.

Could do with a few changes in the team Imo. 

Thought Thistle looked pretty poor all round, as said above, it felt like they were playing with 2 minutes left to go. Very little composure in that side. Good luck in the play offs though. Queens Park seem to have made a mess of things since April. Rovers played as well as they could given the lack of options available to us.

Referee was shocking throughout. On another note, I wish nothing but bad things to happen to Scott Tiffoney, diving wee moaning shite. (would be different if he was our player naturally)

Pleased to end the season on some sort of positive note after a decent second half performance and what turned into a good end to end match. Credit to Murray for his tactical reshuffle at half time given the limited resources available. We looked much more threatening with Akio wide and Vaughan through the middle and we did at least contain Thistle a bit better defensively in the second half. 

5 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

I’d have chucked it if we got morton in the play offs and lost. We were lucky to even make it to be honest.

Grahams constant whinging and throwing his hands in the air every time something goes against him is starting to piss me off. Fed up watching him.

Could do with a few changes in the team Imo. 

Agreed. I would have been tempted to throw Cole McKinnon on when he took Doc off just to do something different.  Has never been given a chance under Dools. Why Graham stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond comprehension! 

Edited by Sting777

2 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Agreed. I would have been tempted to throw Cole McKinnon on when he took Doc off just to do something different.  Has never been given a chance under Dools. Why Graham stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond comprehension! 

I really liked McKinnon at the start of the season, Be nice to see him start ahead of Banzo or Doc on Tuesday. 

Grahams just really starting to annoy me, the moaning is constant, I think we could do with switching things up a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

There's a Thistle fan on our Twitter page who hasn't taken tonights result well 😂

Dont blame him, we should be beating Raith. In the sense they had nothing to play for and we had everything to play for.. 

6 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Dont blame him, we should be beating Raith. In the sense they had nothing to play for and we had everything to play for.. 

Acht, if only football was that simple. Despite our faults this season, I don’t think we have been majorly bowled over by anyone this season.

Murray said when he came in, that teams would need to fight to beat us and maybe not first half, but definitely second half it showed that if partick were going to win, we weren’t going to “be on the beach” and hand them it. 

Edited by buchan30

26 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

I really liked McKinnon at the start of the season, Be nice to see him start ahead of Banzo or Doc on Tuesday. 

There’s absolutely no chance McKinnon (who’s played about 25 minutes all in under Doolan) comes in for Banzo or the captain for such a massive game on Tuesday night. He’ll almost certainly start with the usual midfield 3. 

Fair play Thistle, good luck in the play-offs.
Thought you’ve looked good the half dozen times I’ve seen you this season. 

Chuffed with the Rovers tonight, was convinced a pumping was coming but they showed a bit of dig especially in the second half. 

Anyway for a season that limped to a close we’ve plenty optimism with the takeover going forward. 

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

There’s absolutely no chance McKinnon (who’s played about 25 minutes all in under Doolan) comes in for Banzo or the captain for such a massive game on Tuesday night. He’ll almost certainly start with the usual midfield 3. 

Which is really disappointing considering how frustrating it is knowing a player that can carry the ball better than both of them put together won’t be considered.

Particularly enjoyed Graham trying to give the goalie a hint as to where Vaughan was placing the pen, only for him to literally put it far as humanly possible in the other corner.

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Particularly enjoyed Graham trying to give the goalie a hint as to where Vaughan was placing the pen, only for him to literally put it far as humanly possible in the other corner.

To be fair, I can't recall Vaughan putting a penalty to the keeper's left too often.

Fair play to Vaughan. It took a bit of bottle to step up tonight after missing at Firhill in March.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Aye, guess it's partly because they've nothing to play for but it's very chilled and unbiased although I'm fairly sure the goal was a rebound off the line and not a keeper save as they said. 

It’s consistently fair like this, even when it matters. Raith TV probably the best thing about the club.