Final Day: Raith Rovers vs Thistle - Friday 5th May 2023

8 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Prayer

Cove to score

ICT to score

Thistle to score...too much to ask

We only need Thustle to score. 

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Raith fans all week told us they couldn't defend set pieces, we've had 12 corners and about 10 long throws all pretty much dealt with. 

It's a mental thing. Just lack that killer instinct. 

Edited by jagfox

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why are thistle fans so angry? 😂

Probably because their team are making an absolute c**t of things? 🤔

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You’re gonnae get 4th. Chill oot. 

Would probably be seen as a good finish for a club like Raith. However, virtually no chance of getting up, via that route. Disappointing.

Really poor second half, panic set in after they equalised and never really left.

Other than the goal and the wonder save by Macdonald we didn't threaten at all and when news came through Ayr went 2-1 up I would have taken the draw as we'd run out of ideas and looked more likely to be picked off on the break. 

Pretty much summed the season up, capable of looking a cut above (first 30 minutes) and total shite (the rest). 

History doesn't favour the 4th place team in the playoffs, but I guess QP are going in on a terrible run. 

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Really poor second half, panic set in after they equalised and never really left.

Other than the goal and the wonder save by Macdonald we didn't threaten at all and when news came through Ayr went 2-1 up I would have taken the draw as we'd run out of ideas and looked more likely to be picked off on the break. 

Pretty much summed the season up, capable of looking a cut above (first 30 minutes) and total shite (the rest). 

History doesn't favour the 4th place team in the playoffs, but I guess QP are going in on a terrible run. 

I think I'm right in saying no team that has finished forth has ever made it to the play off final? 

Dreadful performance with so much at stake. Basically sums up this whole season. Brilliant at times and mediocre at times throughout the season. To be honest I would rather be facing QP and Ayr than either Mutton and ICT but no jags fan can be confident about getting to the final! 

5 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Dreadful performance with so much at stake. Basically sums up this whole season. Brilliant at times and mediocre at times throughout the season. To be honest I would rather be facing QP and Ayr than either Mutton and ICT but no jags fan can be confident about getting to the final! 

Definitely prefer Queens to Morton right now

8 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

That's a very small consolation, but I would agree that QP and Ayr are the teams I would rather have in the playoffs alongside us. 

Morton were coming in on a good run and are a fucking nightmare to play against ( and watch) and although we've pumped ICT twice at Firhill they were missing loads of players in those games and our former decent record in Inverness has gone a bit pish. 

28 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

No disrespect but you were up against a team missing 2 first choice defenders, 4 midfielders, including Connolly who's been our best player and 2 strikers. Plus no subs and players that looked like they were just happy to make it to the end of the season. Anyone would have looked good in that first half against us.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

No disrespect but you were up against a team missing 2 first choice defenders, 4 midfielders, including Connolly who's been our best player and 2 strikers. Plus no subs and players that looked like they were just happy to make it to the end of the season. Anyone would have looked good in that first half against us.

You had Scott Brown though.