Final Day: Raith Rovers vs Thistle - Friday 5th May 2023

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I definitely don't see this being straightforward, maybe the announcement today gives the Raith players a kick up the arse. I'd be very surprised if we're home and hosed with ten minutes or more to go. 

After half an hour I was just about ready to revise this and say, no, we're about to do it the easy way for a change but Raith scoring with their only attack is pretty standard and we're now one f**k up from missing out on the playoffs entirely. 

We have dominated possession but it's mainly been long shots, Tiffoney definitely has the beating of their right back all day so we should be getting it to him early and often. 

Edit : didn't realise Cove had equalised but finishing outside second is really tough to get promoted, need to win. 

Edited by Fuctifano

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Big loud and proud Union Jack at the front of the stand. Whatever makes you happy. 

Is it black with red & yellow in the middle?

There's a yellow & red saltire flag tied up behind the goal, and I haven't seen any other flags on the coverage, but the aforementioned does get an outing every so often.

If it's an actual red, white and blue union flag, I fully support a lifetime ban for the culprit.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We were absolutely fucking abysmal there, man against boys. Funny if we manage to spoil the party though and that’s all we can really hope for. 

First 10 minutes after the half we just gotta pray for no set pieces!

As for the game, we were in total control. All the possession, all the chances. And then one daft mistake in the box to give away the penalty and it's 1-1.

And so just about exactly how we probably could have expected this one to go.

Edited by Nightmare

For the vast majority of that half, it looked every bit a good side at full strength with everything on the line versus a limited side on the bones of their arse with f**k all to play for. 

Pleasantly surprised to see us grab that goal, and have a wee thing to cheer at the end of a fairly drab season. 

I really can't see any scenario where we hold out, though. Even if we're still level with fifteen minutes to go, we've only got a full back on the bench to refresh things. The interesting thing will be whether Thistle break the deadlock early or late. 

We cannot afford to give Tiffoney and mcmillan the space and time we have. Our first touch has been poor and partick have been on us when it is. Some of the passing from us has been utterly aimless, especially out of defence. 

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Couldn't make it up tonight after work but Raith TV is cracking. Miles ahead of any other one I've used and the commentary is excellent too.

Aye, guess it's partly because they've nothing to play for but it's very chilled and unbiased although I'm fairly sure the goal was a rebound off the line and not a keeper save as they said. 

I was more worried about the Thistle Saltire with the Hertz and Stinlar badges on it.

Positively, seethe inducing 

The NGE one hasn't been seen in a while. Probably one of out old hard-men clearing out their garage last week 🤣