The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

26 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

What do some people on here think “half empty” means 

Half empty would be half capacity of the stand which I do apologise as its actually below half capacity in the photo posted.

If you divide the away end into sections of 8, the final eighth and first eighth are near empty(starting before the roof). 3000/8 multiply by 2 gives 750 (quarter of the stand) on top of the empty patches that are clear within the busier remaining parts of the away end.

If anyone would like live mathematical reasoning tomorrow please make your way to the pubs around the stadium and announce that you're of the Queens persuasion. On receipt I'll land seventeen quick jabs and a haymaker to the lot of you dobbers and you can count the connectivity rate until the play offs begin.

For those who can only make the online version please wait until Saturday where I'll be breaking down the mathematics of the scoreline and league table to prove the theory of the link between diddyness and tinpottery.

We move on to the match.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

41 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I know it's been covered here before, and mostly ignored because it doesnt suit some folks narrative, but you do realise that the terrace will be pretty much full.

The rumoured capacity at ochilview seems to keep expanding day by day over the last 2 week's, and I've seen some people suggesting it holds up to 5K.

In reality (and someone can correct this with exact figures if they can be bothered) it actually only holds about 2.5k.

With QP fans having just under 700 in the stand and another few hundred standing, and Dundee having just under 1200, it's going to be pretty full.

Even with the BBC's ultra 4k HD cameras, you're going to struggle to see the wide open spaces that some people are assuming.

It holds 3 700. Less than 1 900 at the game is nowhere near capacity. I’d go as far as to say it’s roughly 50% of the capacity. 

46 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The ground isn't going to be half empty though. Thistle had roughly 1000 fans in that stand here, and Dundee will have even more on Friday:

20230504_094811.thumb.jpg.fa084f6364c05004a79cb0512027d6a0.jpg

The main stand, and the area behind the opposite goal are also going to be full.

For what it's worth I've missed fewer than 4 games this season and I still wouldn't be travelling down in your situation. Hanging around the streets of Larbert is bizarre behaviour.

Luckily nae c**t cares what you would do then eh

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If I was a Queens Park fan the last thing I'd be doing is coming on here to shout about tinpot behaviour. 

Thank you.

They seem obsessed with the word tinpot 🥴

Anyway us ticketless fans are coming down to cause bother at the home end 👊

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

They seem obsessed with the word tinpot 🥴

Anyway us ticketless fans are coming down to cause bother at the home end 👊

Thanks for admitting this on a public forum.

I've been in touch with the FBI, so you can expect a knock at your door any time now.

Feels like it's been a long week but starting to get pumped for this hopefully Dundee city centre has defibrillators handy because I expect to have a fucking heart attack at some point tomorrow night.

Edited by kevthedee

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Thanks for admitting this on a public forum.

I've been in touch with the FBI, so you can expect a knock at your door any time now.

More resources being taken up from the Queens. What's going to happen when the Old Firm turn up to town in your next seasons rent-a-ground.

Of course it'll be win/win for you lot when they do and you might actually get tickets (albeit in the wrong end) to see your proper team.

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Half empty would be half capacity of the stand which I do apologise as its actually below half capacity in the photo posted.

If you divide the away end into sections of 8, the final eighth and first eighth are near empty(starting before the roof). 3000/8 multiply by 2 gives 750 (quarter of the stand) on top of the empty patches that are clear within the busier remaining parts of the away end.

If anyone would like live mathematical reasoning tomorrow please make your way to the pubs around the stadium and announce that you're of the Queens persuasion. On receipt I'll land seventeen quick jabs and a haymaker to the lot of you dobbers and you can count the connectivity rate until the play offs begin.

For those who can only make the online version please wait until Saturday where I'll be breaking down the mathematics of the scoreline and league table to prove the theory of the link between diddyness and tinpottery.

I assume you realise that the capacity of the terracing is not determined by the number of folk it is physically possible to cram in?

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

I get that. However, to imply some Dundee fans are doing this because they think their team is "shite" and going to get beaten is "pish". To quote the comment I initially replied to, it is being done as it "usually fucks the team I'm betting on" which is tinpot behaviour. 

The irony meter just fucking exploded.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I assume you realise that the capacity of the terracing is not determined by the number of folk it is physically possible to cram in?

Indeed. It's determined by Health and Safety officials and club cohesion. Unfortunately for Queens they can't determine the allocation in a stadium that doesn't belong to them. The capacity is stipulated by Stenhousemuir and I've contacted representatives and have on paper confirmation of the capacity(as well as the Tryst Road end) being much larger than the 'sell out' being thrown out by the West Coast Media and Queens diddies.

If you'd like to continue it will end rather embarassing for all and if we can get on with the match I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Indeed. It's determined by Health and Safety officials and club cohesion. Unfortunately for Queens they can't determine the allocation in a stadium that doesn't belong to them. The capacity is stipulated by Stenhousemuir and I've contacted representatives and have on paper confirmation of the capacity(as well as the Tryst Road end) being much larger than the 'sell out' being thrown out by the West Coast Media and Queens diddies.

If you'd like to continue it will end rather embarassing for all and if we can get on with the match I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Thank you.

Contacted Stenhousemuir cause you never got a ticket for the game, what an absolute riddy hahaha.

8 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

So if you have these actual figures, why the need to do all that "divide it into 8 parts" mathshit?

20 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Are Dees fans concerned that boring Gary, will play for the draw, required to get, promotion?

Thank you.

Not really but we were warned he’s a bit like that. 

Im more worried about him playing the wingers on the wrong side and not stretching teams. 

16 points dropped to the bottom 3 sides, we should’ve been long out of sight. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not really but we were warned he’s a bit like that. 

Im more worried about him playing the wingers on the wrong side and not stretching teams. 

16 points dropped to the bottom 3 sides, we should’ve been long out of sight. 

knowing the strenuous efforts made by both teams not to take the opportunities they have had to wrap it up well before this game, I predict 3-2 to someone  - all own goals!!