🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Dundee United🟠⚫️ 06/05/23

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Whilst not suggesting it as a reason for losing, that pitch is horrendous for passing especially when you have fairly limited players anyway. It actually didn't look that bad but everytime the ball ran along the ground it was all over the shop.

The annoying thing though was Saint's managed it OK. I mean if kids can pass a ball on a dodgy concrete surface OK in a playground, surely a professional player can make allowances and adjust?

Edited by Tannadeechee

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is more pleasing to see than youll ever understand. 

Believe me, I get it. As annoying and frustrating as it is to the opposition (and by f**k was it annoying!!) It works. It oushes the limits of acceptability but I wish we were far more streetwise. Far too often this season we have not let other teams know they were in a game, everything was too "nice"

As much as we moan about it, we could do with a wee bit of it ourselves.

The quality on display was pretty dire, bearing more resemblance to pinball, but the pitch obviously plays a major role in this and I’m just grateful that the team’s motivation levels seem significantly higher than they’ve reached in a long time.

Macca is very active on the touchline, and it was also interesting to see him put the team through a little warm-up just before they came onto the pitch at the start of the game. I can’t help but wonder where this kind of energy has been for the past few years?

Anyway, a great result and a pleasing performance in some respects.

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

On the particular point about the offside, hadn't seen that rule change, but hold  my hands up to that one. No need to be quite so indignant about it.

Think it’s been that way for 2 seasons, maybe even 3.

6 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

A bit more composure the last 10 minutes and it ends up being a lot more comfortable. 

Good to see Maclean talking about how we could have done better in transition today. Refreshing to hear some post match comments that actually reflect what you've seen.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Good hot water, best in the leaue. Imho.

An absolute god send in the winter. Quick defrost then out before the scalding.

The last twenty minutes was torture.  We need to be better at keeping the ball, it was given straight back to United far too often.  Overall, delighted to get the win but I'll just be glad to see this season finished.  That game was terrible.  Two very poor teams.

7 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Good to see Maclean talking about how we could have done better in transition today. Refreshing to hear some post match comments that actually reflect what you've seen.

Think next time itll be Murphy on instead of Bair. Suspect he wanted pace so gave Bair a chance.

Delighted to get the 3 points. A year ago, I was in a place where I maybe felt the only way out the abyss the whole club was in might have been relegation. I couldn't see a way the previous manager or indeed the club rebuilt things as a Premiership club.

This time round it doesn't seem quite so desperate, although there is still A LOT of work needing done in the summer and my opinion remains that a completely new face will be best placed to do that. Continuity is fine when things are going well but they most certainly haven't been for us over the past 18 months.

We have a long way to go as a team but I have to acknowledge they were left  in a pretty low place under Davidson.

I'd like to see Phillips and MacPherson on the ball more and the attacking., specifically striking, options off the bench are just chronic. You can't good will someone into being a footballer.

We can look a bit open at times but I'll take that all day long if it avoids having that needless third CB on the pitch. Trust your defenders and they dealt with the United breaks yesterday.

Another positive is Stevie May getting 6 shots off on goal. There wasn't much to get excited about in them but that'll come if you actually encourage/allow him to do it.

In short, it is better than what went before, the points are the most important thing, but I remain far from convinced this is the long-term direction for the club.

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Don't think Mulgrew has committed his foul yet in this picture?

Isnt that the point?

Thats how much ground hes to make up if Mulgrew doesnt foul Hallberg (sure he kicks out literally a fraction after this).

Genuinely had no clue why any United fan complained at all about it. It was a total stonewaller.

Good to see more examples of Goodwin being a slavering fanny though.

The ego of a man whos greatest managerial achievement is keeping Alloa in the Championship for one season. Absolutely underperformed at St Mirren with multiple bottle jobs, completely flopped at Aberdeen, then won 3 on a trot at United and thinks hes brilliant, before bottling yet another big game.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

The last twenty minutes was torture.  We need to be better at keeping the ball, it was given straight back to United far too often.  Overall, delighted to get the win but I'll just be glad to see this season finished.  That game was terrible.  Two very poor teams.

I really enjoyed yesterday. Maybe that shows how bad things have been for the last year or two!

I think we look like we’re continuing to improve particularly going forward.