🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Dundee United🟠⚫️ 06/05/23

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He absolutely launched into a couple of tackles in the 1st half too. He got them right but christ if he didn't. 

He is fully.commited. I wish others had his desire, might not be in the position we are in.

8 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

That game today was back to slow ball and hoof. The last few games it has been the ball moved quicklyat pace via midfield and out wide. Today could have been a Liam Fox display

Whilst not suggesting it as a reason for losing, that pitch is horrendous for passing especially when you have fairly limited players anyway. It actually didn't look that bad but everytime the ball ran along the ground it was all over the shop.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Whilst not suggesting it as a reason for losing, that pitch is horrendous for passing especially when you have fairly limited players anyway. It actually didn't look that bad but everytime the ball ran along the ground it was all over the shop.

😂👏 GIRUY 

8 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Ayina was hopeless. Behich is a p***k. 

Bad crack from United fans lobbing that smoke bomb towards Saints fans too. 

I thought it was a Dayglo firing up a Capstan full strength 

15 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I did especially like the off side decision against United taken from inside United half and Behich penalised for jumping near a Saint's player. That's Alan Muir for you!!

Thats the rule now.

If the offside player touches the ball then thats where the free kick is meant to be taken from.

23 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

A few Saint's players left studs on folk after the ball was played, Behich was the most obvious in thr first half.

I did especially like the off side decision against United taken from inside United half and Behich penalised for jumping near a Saint's player. That's Alan Muir for you!!

Love it when people slag referees but clearly don’t actually know the rules.

17 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I thought the referee was absolutely shocking today, but not the worst this season. That offside free kick in the saints half was a joke. Understand rules about where you touch it etc, but cannot be giving an offside free kick in the other teams half! The not stopping the game when player was down for one side, but doing it for the other, frustraits too, albeit we benefited today.

What was encouraging today, result aside, was how much bite and fight there was in this saints team. Much more up for it. Like too, the positive changes while winning. If saints fans could not figure out the formation pre match, the utd wouldn't be able too, which is a tactical advantage. Though that aside from.his goals, Gordon had his best game in a lomg time and back to where he normally is. I'm afraid for Bair, it just won't happen. Aside from fluffed chance, you wasn't busting a gut to get in the box when we were breaking and didn't do much chasing back.

Thought utd looked poor today. Lacking in creativity. Also, what is this new cringe about calling our away end the shed end? That's new? 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

To be fair, Alan Muir deserves to be slagged off, he was absolutely woeful today and is regularly one of the worst in the league. 

Thats four points since Steven Maclean took over and we really look so much better all over the pitch. The pity is it not having been done at the start of the year and we would have picked up several more points and probably made top six. What we lack and have for years is a real striker, remember John Brogan for example it seemed he would always score.

Anyway well done today we deserved the three points.

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I thought the referee was absolutely shocking today, but not the worst this season. That offside free kick in the saints half was a joke. Understand rules about where you touch it etc, but cannot be giving an offside free kick in the other teams half! The not stopping the game when player was down for one side, but doing it for the other, frustraits too, albeit we benefited today.

What was encouraging today, result aside, was how much bite and fight there was in this saints team. Much more up for it. Like too, the positive changes while winning. If saints fans could not figure out the formation pre match, the utd wouldn't be able too, which is a tactical advantage. Though that aside from.his goals, Gordon had his best game in a lomg time and back to where he normally is. I'm afraid for Bair, it just won't happen. Aside from fluffed chance, you wasn't busting a gut to get in the box when we were breaking and didn't do much chasing back.

Thought utd looked poor today. Lacking in creativity. Also, what is this new cringe about calling our away end the shed end? That's new? 

You can... If that's the rules?

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

You can... If that's the rules?

It may or may not be the rules, but you'd think you'd just tell them to take it on the half way line. In the way a keeper fouled on his goal line doesn't take a free kick bang on the goal line. I didn't know the rule and I'm pretty certain 99% of folk in the ground thought it odd too. 

52 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

A few Saint's players left studs on folk after the ball was played, Behich was the most obvious in thr first half.

4225B13D-E815-4E98-9BEF-078AB2DB3DCF.thumb.jpeg.d2099afd4822555d8dd24f341e48ac2c.jpeg.07a51f860470de0604971d51fd85a83d.jpeg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats the rule now.

If the offside player touches the ball then thats where the free kick is meant to be taken from.

Fair enough, hadn't seen that at a game I've been at before and hadn't seen that change. I take it knowing my luck its been change for a couple of seasons or was that for this season?

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Alan Muis's performance today was pathetic end of story, absolutely woeful and knownone could say he had a good performance.

On the particular point about the offside, hadn't seen that rule change, but hold  my hands up to that one. No need to be quite so indignant about it.

18 hours ago, tree house tam said:

4225B13D-E815-4E98-9BEF-078AB2DB3DCF.thumb.jpeg.d2099afd4822555d8dd24f341e48ac2c.jpeg.07a51f860470de0604971d51fd85a83d.jpeg

Nice of you to show you haven't read the thread, but like to think folk greet about games like you do!

The ref no matter how poor & inconsistent, didn't cost us the game, the, let's put it kindly, "streetwise" Saint's play didn't cost us they game, our performance where we forgot how to bring a ball down and pass rather than hoof it, our lack of pace and general sloppy play cost us.

Edited by Tannadeechee
edited to correct typo.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

"streetwise" Saint's play 

This is more pleasing to see than youll ever understand.