🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Dundee United🟠⚫️ 06/05/23

Agonisingly close to salvaging a point right at the end there, but that would have been harsh on Saints as despite the promising opening, we'd been 2nd best from about 20 mins onwards.

No arguments about the red card. Mulgrew pulled off a few perfectly timed last gasp tackles last season but it's been shown numerous times this season that time's catching up with him and today was another costly example of it.

That's Saints realistically out of danger now while that County win is a nightmare for ourselves and Killie.

United are awful, presumably theyve been getting luck with just launching it at Fletcher for 90 minutes but fucking hell.

Particularly liked the now standard "game changing" sub from Goodwin of chucking a CB up front to also launch it at. Fairly sure he done that a few times with St Mirren against us too.

This team was wasted so much by Davidson, but Bairs one he didnt waste. Plenty of chances to show something today and he fluffed even the simplest ones.

Second game in a row we looked better against 11 than 10. A bit more composure the last 10 minutes and it ends up being a lot more comfortable. That said, undoubtedly deserved to win - dominated from about 15 minutes in after a nervy opening. Having a settled central midfield makes such a difference.

Great skill but can't believe Carey went himself near the end 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

United are awful, presumably theyve been getting luck with just launching it at Fletcher for 90 minutes but fucking hell.

Particularly liked the now standard "game changing" sub from Goodwin of chucking a CB up front to also launch it at. Fairly sure he done that a few times with St Mirren against us too.

This team was wasted so much by Davidson, but Bairs one he didnt waste. Plenty of chances to show something today and he fluffed even the simplest ones.

Thing is for the previous few games we haven't. Apart from the first 10 minutes or so, we just didn't play. I really can not for the life of me work out why a professional footballer with time to bring a ball down and make a pass, 1st.time launches it or headers it straight to the opposition!!

Absolute shocking pre-Goodwin performance from the players today. Alan Muir was shocking, some very unpleasant studs left on folk from a few players ignored, but we lost because we just didn't perform today.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Thing is for the previous few games we haven't. Apart from the first 10 minutes or so, we just didn't play.

Steven MacLean masterclass. 

Drey Wright virtually man marked Mulgrew.

Other CB couldnt build up. Sibbald/McMann to shit to build up. Hoofball to Fletcher the result.

Thats assuming Mulgrew is usually key to your build up?

7 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Thing is for the previous few games we haven't. Apart from the first 10 minutes or so, we just didn't play. I really can not for the life of me work out why a professional footballer with time to bring a ball down and make a pass, 1st.time launches it or headers it straight to the opposition!!

Absolute shocking pre-Goodwin performance from the players today. Alan Muir was shocking, some very unpleasant studs left on folk from a few players ignored, but we lost because we just didn't perform today.

The only horrendous foul I seen was Niskanen's immediately after the sending off. Late and made absolutely no attempt to play the ball. Just tried to hurt his opponent. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steven MacLean masterclass. 

Drey Wright virtually man marked Mulgrew.

Other CB couldnt build up. Sibbald/McMann to shit to build up. Hoofball to Fletcher the result.

Thats assuming Mulgrew is usually key to your build up?

He isn't. That game today was back to slow ball and hoof. The last few games it has been the ball moved quicklyat pace via midfield and out wide. Today could have been a Liam Fox display

Yes we have played it to Fletcher, mught has well take advantage of his abilities, but not exclusively since Goodwin came in. The "me to you to me" with McMann & Behich when a first time cross was the answer was driving me made. Behich has the ability to go past folk yet didn't show it today, turned back almost every time.

The week off has come at the worst time for us. But just didn't play, no-one seemed to take real responsibility today for us. You did what you had to do for the win.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

He isn't. That game today was back to slow ball and hoof. The last few games it has been the ball moved quicklyat pace via midfield and out wide. Today could have been a Liam Fox display

Yes we have played it to Fletcher, mught has well take advantage of his abilities, but not exclusively since Goodwin came in. The "me to you to me" with McMann & Behich when a first time cross was the answer was driving me made. Behich has the ability to go past folk yet didn't show it today, turned back almost every time.

The week off has come at the worst time for us. But just didn't play, no-one seemed to take real responsibility today for us. You did what you had to do for the win.

Fair enough, it just felt like everyone was passing the buck until it reached Mulgrew, so just assumed.

Fletcher is great, tbf, as the lone striker. His shor at the end goes in and its genuinely one of the best ive ever seen.

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The only horrendous foul I seen was Niskanen's immediately after the sending off. Late and made absolutely no attempt to play the ball. Just tried to hurt his opponent. 

He absolutely launched into a couple of tackles in the 1st half too. He got them right but christ if he didn't. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

A few Saint's players left studs on folk after the ball was played, Behich was the most obvious in thr first half.

I did especially like the off side decision against United taken from inside United half and Behich penalised for jumping near a Saint's player. That's Alan Muir for you!!