🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Dundee United🟠⚫️ 06/05/23

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I expect Saints making an announcement of ‘only’ giving Utd fans the north and north end of the Main was to appease Saints fans.  Can’t imagine they’ll try desperately hard to enforce it and lose out on the cash.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Ormond Stand with a few hundred utd fans in, and can’t say it bothers me personally.

Let’s be honest, we’re talking about a bunch of folk from Angus who walk about in bright orange tracksuit tops.  It’s not exactly some diehard ultras from Besiktas or the like who’re going to make it a partisan intimidating atmosphere.

You lads are trying hard, I'll give you that. I can see where your wee neddy gang get it from. 

You generally get a good idea at the level of demand for a fixture from the sales in the first week.

That being the case, unless there’s a big marketing push from the club this week, it doesn’t look like there’s much extra interest in this fixture from Saints fans going on the sales so far on the club website.  Hopefully there will be a bit of a surge as the weekend gets closer. 

Plenty of East and Main Stand tickets available still.

It looks like only the centre section of the Ormond Stand is up for public sale, so hopefully the sections on either side are taken up by all the free tickets given to school kids etc.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

You generally get a good idea at the level of demand for a fixture from the sales in the first week.

That being the case, unless there’s a big marketing push from the club this week, it doesn’t look like there’s much extra interest in this fixture from Saints fans going on the sales so far on the club website.  Hopefully there will be a bit of a surge as the weekend gets closer. 

Plenty of East and Main Stand tickets available still.

It looks like only the centre section of the Ormond Stand is up for public sale, so hopefully the sections on either side are taken up by all the free tickets given to school kids etc.

Dunno, having a wee look there and aside from the red seats nearest to the ormond end, the top half of the east is mainly just odd seats or in the yellow bit, a few 2's or 3's together. When you start to see that red section at the ormond end of the east start to sell well, then that's probably a decent indication of what the crowd will be like.

Tickets sales for home games can be a bit funny. I'd guess that folk might not start really buying tickets until this week and probably not until after the Bank Holiday. For Saints fans, there isn't the need to scramble like Utd have, so if a Saints fan wants to go, they have all week to decide.

At a guess, I'd say we probably sell out 2/3 of the east and most of the main. Ormond won't really sell too much aside from the school tickets unless the east sells out. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

Our ticket sales look.shit, tbh.

The East looks like a normal level of sales, with the section near the Ormond being virtually empty.

Doesnt look like any seats in the Ormond are sold from a quick glance?  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The East looks like a normal level of sales, with the section near the Ormond being virtually empty.

Looked like a block of about 10 which I’m guessing will be Utd fans who cracked the code and used the password when they phoned up.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

To be fair, I don't know what sales would normally be like by the Monday before a game, but probably as is right now, looks to be more than would normally be in the east for a game.

Doesn't help that club has done virtually zero promotion aside from some half arsed tweets. 

On 28/04/2023 at 18:59, Alert Mongoose said:

There is a rumour (and only second hand) that Brown is considering moving the season ticket holders to give Utd a third stand. Clearly not learnt much from when they did this for cheeks.

On 28/04/2023 at 19:37, Fife Saint said:

This would be catastrophic and as such you cannot rule it out.

There's just no way that this will happen. I don't believe Saints can be that stupid.

On 28/04/2023 at 15:22, PauloPerth said:

Same, makes for a far better atmosphere.

Suppose it’s cheaper in terms of turnstile operators, stewards and catering folk to stick them in a stand that’s open anyway rather than open one specially. Pity, but as PSJ says can kind of understand it from a cost point of view.

On 28/04/2023 at 15:34, Theyellowbox said:

The thing is, I'm not sure it would cost that much more. You still need a turnstile operator and a couple of folk serving food. Only additional cost I can think of is possible an extra steward?

If there is no away fans in the main, then you don't need to open that turnstyle or the food kiosk. 

On 28/04/2023 at 16:33, PSJ.84 said:

Not sure how much extra it’d actually cost but as well as having the staff, you’ve also got all the electrical stuff that goes with opening an extra stand. Be that lighting, kiosks or whatever

Away section of Main Stand will always be open due to having the wheelchair platform there.

3 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

I’m currently finding I can’t buy tickets online. Admittedly I’ve not bought any since the Hibs game at start of the season. But I’m not surprised that sales are slow if the barrier to buying them is that strict.

I think if you phone up the ticket office they’ll sort you out.

Time for our annual “we should have a proper database/ membership scheme for these types of occasions…”

We should.

I tell you it’ll be one of the first things I raise with Musk when he takes over

48 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think if you phone up the ticket office they’ll sort you out.

Time for our annual “we should have a proper database/ membership scheme for these types of occasions…”

We should.

I tell you it’ll be one of the first things I raise with Musk when he takes over

Elon Musk has sunk billions into Twitter, which currently doesn't let you be signed in on 2 devices at once despite not struggling with that once since it started up, so I wouldn't have much faith in him on that front.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Elon Musk has sunk billions into Twitter, which currently doesn't let you be signed in on 2 devices at once despite not struggling with that once since it started up, so I wouldn't have much faith in him on that front.

Well in that case, Musk out

Our ticket sales still look poor.

The meltdown from Utd fans on Twitter about our support size will provide some great fun on Saturday night.

If we can snatch a scabby win it would just be *chefs kiss* entertainment. 

See if a bunch of, say 20, ticketless Utd fans got in touch with me on Friday and offered me £20 each above the asking price to get them an Ormond Stand ticket, thus paying for next year’s season ticket and as some kind of recompense for the last two years at McDiarmid I’ve suffered through… 

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

See if a bunch of, say 20, ticketless Utd fans got in touch with me on Friday and offered me £20 each above the asking price to get them an Ormond Stand ticket, thus paying for next year’s season ticket and as some kind of recompense for the last two years at McDiarmid I’ve suffered through… 

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

Twenty united fans and me please Paulo, everyones a winner.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our ticket sales still look poor.

The meltdown from Utd fans on Twitter about our support size will provide some great fun on Saturday night.

If we can snatch a scabby win it would just be *chefs kiss* entertainment. 

SITC ticket initiative is doing well.