🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Dundee United🟠⚫️ 06/05/23

Probably the biggest game between these two Tayside rivals since the 2014 SC Final. 

Utd are on a great run of form, whilst Saints haven’t won since that 2-1 win at Tannadice on 18th February.

Should be a big crowd and a good atmosphere, 7-8000 hopefully.

Home advantage is questionable in this fixture. I think the last time Saints beat Utd in Perth was Sep 2015 when we were 1-0 down with keeper Alan Mannus red carded but came back to win 2-1.  Whereas Utd haven’t beaten Saints at Tannadice since  the start of 2014-15 season.

A draw might not be the worst for either team, though killie and County have winnable matches. A win for either of us would probably be halfway to guaranteeing safety.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Home advantage is questionable in this fixture. I think the last time Saints beat Utd in Perth was Sep 2015 when we were 1-0 down with keeper Alan Mannus red carded but came back to win 2-1.  Whereas Utd haven’t beaten Saints at Tannadice since  the start of 2014-15 season.

The plus from that game was Jackie M got emptied. But the rest of the season didn't go too well for United.

13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

The plus from that game was Jackie M got emptied. But the rest of the season didn't go too well for United.

Was that the one where he got binned at McD?  You returned the favour by beating us 1-0 in Perth with 10 men towards the end of that season.

Horrible feeling about this game.

Any confidence is coming from the Tommy Wright era where we seemed to, generally, have control of games v Utd rather than any belief in the current squad.

United been finding a way to win while we're trying to find a new strongest line up in a new way of playing. So frustrating they took so long to make the change

Feels like either a draw, which im not sure is ideal for anyone, or a United win.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Stay safe

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. My workplace hosted a compulsory Coronation party yesterday with union jacks draped all over the bannisters and a balloon display which spelt out the name of King Charles. I saw that as a sign of things to come. I'd rather risk my life at the hands of Dundee United hooligans than remain in this environment.

Edited by The Real Saints

Can’t imagine we’ll sell more than 100 in there.  The East Stand and our 2/3 of the Main must be around 6200 or so, which you’d expect would be more than enough for us.

Interested to see if we continue with the farcical decision to leave the end block of seats in the north stand (next to the scoreboard) empty. I mean, it’s not as if the huge gap between the stands with stewards and police standing there is enough or anything.  How often in the history of McDiarmid Park, have fans tried to run across that gap to get at one another?  I’m saying never.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Can’t imagine we’ll sell more than 100 in there.  The East Stand and our 2/3 of the Main must be around 6200 or so, which you’d expect would be more than enough for us.

Interested to see if we continue with the farcical decision to leave the end block of seats in the north stand (next to the scoreboard) empty. I mean, it’s not as if the huge gap between the stands with stewards and police standing there is enough or anything.  How often in the history of McDiarmid Park, have fans tried to run across that gap to get at one another?  I’m saying never.

I'd imagine it's to potential stop flares being chucked from one stand to another 

Edited by perthsaint1977

I think the people bolting across to it when a goals been scored is enough to - wrongly - give the police the fear tbh.

Same as last Saturday in really looking forward to this, just a pity I’m working until 2 so can’t get a few pints in prior to kick off. Hopefully the sun is shining for our meek 1-0 surrender. 

ETA - good to see the United end sold out in an hour. Games like this are a reason I’m a massive advocate of the split. 

Edited by PSJ.84

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Section B tried it in that glorious Airdrie game when we either equalised or went In front, can't remember which. They never got past a few on the track and were held back by polis/stewards. That was when ALL the seats were used as well.

53 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I think the people bolting across to it when a goals been scored is enough to - wrongly - give the police the fear tbh.

Same as last Saturday in really looking forward to this, just a pity I’m working until 2 so can’t get a few pints in prior to kick off. Hopefully the sun is shining for our meek 1-0 surrender. 

ETA - good to see the United end sold out in an hour. Games like this are a reason I’m a massive advocate of the split. 

You'd think a reasonably cost efficient way to do it would be to just put up one of the nets like we have behind the goals during the warm up. Nothing would get through and when the seats aren't in use, then it just gets put away. The revenue from a single game selling that 100 or so seats would more than pay for it.

Not that it is needed anyway. Other teams have much less of a gap between fans and its never been a significant issue. 

For me, I'd rather every away team is given behind the goal, regardless of how many fans they bring. Having 200-300 hundred County fans in there would be much more preferable for atmosphere (and optically better), than being stuck away up in that corner of the main. 

28 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

For me, I'd rather every away team is given behind the goal, regardless of how many fans they bring. Having 200-300 hundred County fans in there would be much more preferable for atmosphere (and optically better), than being stuck away up in that corner of the main. 

Agree with you there, though I can see why the club choose not to. 

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Beat Hearts 3-2 today. 
Bair and Rudden scoring. 

Genuinely think Bair has stage fright.

I thought at the start of the season that the club were feeding us shite (bar the Aberdeen game in Spain) so that we’d think he was decent. By this point though, it’s just funny. Never known anything like this. 

Edited by PSJ.84