The New Conference League Tier 5

30 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I'm sure I read that Bobby Russell & Gordon Smith played for Rangers reserves against Clydebank in the mid 90s due to player shortages - it could well be true.

EDIT: Have had a wee google search on it and it appears to have been 11th May 1995

Rangers lined up with Neil Inglis, Eric McAleer, Ally Dawson, Davie Dodds, Terry Butcher, Bobby Russell, Gordon Smith, Martin Campbell, John McDonald, Ross Milligan, Marc Nicoll. Subs Ewan Chester and Peter Macdonald.

What a reserve team that is and as said how can you not learn from that as opposed to this B team nonsense 

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

That is some memory you have!! They must have been really struggling that night. Ewan Chester was the head scout (and a Barrhead boy!!)

I feel like less of an arsehole now and my man was probably telling the truth despite being ran ragged 😅

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

That is some memory you have!! They must have been really struggling that night. Ewan Chester was the head scout (and a Barrhead boy!!)

One of those daft things you don't forget. Think half of them had retired while Butcher had come out of retirement to turn out for Bankies by this point. I'm not convinced by the date to be honest.

6 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Totally agree with this and young guys playing with established pros would also bring their game on as well. 

Remember speaking to a top class junior player of the 90s who lived in beith and played with pollok, cumnock ,Scotland juniors and then beith at the latter stage of his career , he told me he came through the ranks at St mirren and played rangers reserves at ibrox and their reserve midfield against him was  ian durrant, Alexis mchalitchenko ( pardon the spelling) and bobby Russell.  

He couldn't get near them but one things for sure is  he would have learned more in that 90 minutes than this  current B team drivel. 

Darren Stewart?