SPFL L1 Trophy day - Dunfermline Vs Clyde

Looking forward to this, will be a bit of a make shift Pars team with 2 red cards last week and Matty Todd presumably still out of action.

Should be a good party after the game and a reasonably big crowd in for it.

We haven't won any of our last 25 visits to Dunfermline. That is despite taking the lead in 7 of the last 8 trips, and being 2 in front in three of those. I can't say I'm holding out much hope, but at least the roads will be clear after the game.  

Even tho I don't think either red on saturday were deserved I don't think appeals are worth putting in, having players unavailable for this isn't a big deal, which is a good job as with mccann and allan also picking up knocks this is probably the thinest our squad has been since early season before we brought the loans in.

Team for me.

Mehmet/little

Comrie Hamilton Otoo

KRH chalmers Mochrie Edwards

Mahon  Wighton

Todorov

That would leave us a sub keeper, Macdonald and fenton as subs, with whatever u18s we can call up presuming noone who picked up knocks or were already unavailable can play this one.

I don't think there's many other ways to configure that team, only other option would be play Macdonald at RWB, and drop mahon/todorov with KRH and/or wighton moving further forward.

You wouldn't have thought last week we were talking how many we could rotate and now its how many are available.

2-0 home win, pars title party, clyde to get the play-off spot with kelty winning also.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are McCann and Allan definitely out?

You've forgotten McGowan.

I wouldn’t say definitively and mcpake tends to keep these things close to his chest unless absolutely forced to reveal a player is unavailable but both were forced subs, Allan from being stood on and McCann seemed to be struggling after contact with ray which nearly resulted in the rebound goal.  Being impact injuries they maybe fine with a bit of rest but if there’s risk I think they’d be bench at best.

McGowan wasn’t is the squad vs airdrie, but I did notice he was initially named in the line up on COWS, maybe someone who was there early would know if he came out for the warm up and withdrew?

I’ve gone with the assumption we’d not risk anyone and nobody who missed out or was forced to come off is available.

Edited by parsforlife

Think we’ll go with strongest 11 we can. Wighton on 19 goals, will want to get to 20. The fact Todorov hasn’t kicked a ball recently says to me he won’t be here next season, so let’s play the guys that will be, or might be.

Mochrie was key early in the season and KRH was so important at the business end, so should both start, then be subbed off to a good reception  - KRH obviously used to that by now!

12 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Bit crazy giving us a trophy for maybe finishing ninth, but I'll take it.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The Peter Grant Award For Special Lack Of Achievement 

udLXbFoMH4g-5S-CAuDAmDkCk3U=.gif

I'm sure Dunfermline will enjoy getting their trophy etc, but obviously the big deal is that I'll be completing my seasonal 42 at this one, Dunfermline being the last club I have to see play at home in 2022/23.

I'm going to go nuts and say three points for the Bully Wee!

15 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I'm sure Dunfermline will enjoy getting their trophy etc, but obviously the big deal is that I'll be completing my seasonal 42 at this one, Dunfermline being the last club I have to see play at home in 2022/23.

Congrats on the 42!

Hope you are wrong in your last sentence.  Well the Clyde winning bit, you could well be nuts. 😂

20 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Saving the best bridie til last. Enjoy.

14 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Congrats on the 42!

Hope you are wrong in your last sentence.  Well the Clyde winning bit, you could well be nuts. 😂

Listen even the most optimistic Clyde fan won't think we will get anything here. 

Clyde to get pumped.

Peterhead to loose 

Us to finish 9th and either get relegated by a team with 2 players that got us promoted or be relegated by the team we beat in the playoff final to come up 🤷‍♂️

On 25/04/2023 at 13:52, DoingThe42 said:

Nice work on 42, I had thought on doing this once my son is at uni, my plan was to use cup games and per season to massively reduce missed pars games. Did you use only league matches?