SPFL 2 playoffs - (Brechin,) Spartans and (another) Albion Rovers

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You have just made yourself a laughing stock as well, the ex junior guys on here will be laughing like feck as I'm against it and happy its finished.
No chip on my shoulder.
You made a stupid comment about too many teams being relegated and there is nothing wrong with that as I had just proven to you but all you come back with it tired or personal negative comments.   Do you do this on most of your posts that you disagree with, making negative comments when the person has been constructive and is right.

🤣

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

🤣

Yip folks, I was correct.  Looks like another keyboard wizard who realize his comments are wrong or the other persons has came back with facts and or constructive comments and he just tries to put the person down by makes negative personal comments.   Yip I'm sure you would do well on  committee boardroom

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yip folks, I was correct.  Looks like another keyboard wizard who realize his comments are wrong or the other persons has came back with facts and or constructive comments and he just tries to put the person down by makes negative personal comments.   Yip I'm sure you would do well on  committee boardroom

7CE03366-6F31-4742-BB95-355085B5BE57.gif.b9a013ad3d11543cf8671f09556c79c2.gif

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

7CE03366-6F31-4742-BB95-355085B5BE57.gif.b9a013ad3d11543cf8671f09556c79c2.gif

Yip folks, I was correct.  Looks like another keyboard wizard who realize his comments are wrong or the other persons has came back with facts and or constructive comments and he just tries to put the person down by makes negative personal comments or adding images.   Yip I'm sure you would do well on  committee boardroom

24 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Just now, Neilly said:

This fella is a bit of a crackpot isn't he.

I was just thinking there's still a way to go with this AI malarkey.

I do love a good NO YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS LOOKING STUPID argument; like we can all just decide whether or not we've made a c**t of it and everyone has to go along with our decision.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The standard of the lowland league is rising and is becoming more competitive. That is one thing, you have that then interest will rise and if you get your house in order then your team could benefit greatly.  It's really open right now, it sup to Albion to embrace it and try and get people through the turnstiles, sponsorship etc...
Every team will go through bad times as people see it and its then that they need to  take a step back and work out what they were doing wrong

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people from Coatbridge are really not interested in Albion Rovers, which is probably why they're in this position. Don;t get me wrong, they have a dedicated and loyal band of followers, but they number around 250. It's simply not enough to sustain football in the SPFL, IMHO.

5 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people from Coatbridge are really not interested in Albion Rovers, which is probably why they're in this position. Don;t get me wrong, they have a dedicated and loyal band of followers, but they number around 250. It's simply not enough to sustain football in the SPFL, IMHO.

Is just a name game now. 

Albion Rovers a club nobody in Coatbridge cared about replaced by a team with a strange name nobody West of the Edinburgh bypass had ever heard of.

I genuinely do feel sad for the Albion Rovers guys on here but it was like your old 95 year old granny dying.

You knew it was going to happen one day.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Is just a name game now. 

Albion Rovers a club nobody in Coatbridge cared about replaced by a team with a strange name nobody West of the Edinburgh bypass had ever heard of.

I genuinely do feel sad for the Albion Rovers guys on here but it was like your old 95 year old granny dying.

You knew it was going to happen one day.

The Spartans is a bit quirky, I agree, but acceptable. It's  Caledonian Braves that I cannot bear, as it just sounds so American, as does Cumbernauld Colts, come to think of it. Additionally, I'm not sure how I would feel about a university's team playing in the SPFL. An outfit that will change their name for cash, is also not welcome (Open Goal Broomhill). Tranent need to drop 'Juniors' now they're playing in the senior league.

In fact, there's a case to be made for zero promotion/relegation spots with the Lowland League on account of their 💩 names.

8 hours ago, G_&_T said:

This sounds 100% correct, but if this has been a slide over the years for how long, its really up to their chairman and committee to sort it out for whatever they have been doing clearly has not been working.  As you say the vast majority are not interested so the club have to figure out why, work out things like the team, the management, the players with the capitol that they have, new sponsorship etc... and work out what they have to do to get more local people involved in  their club because teams lower down in the Lowland, Highland, WSFL, EOSFL and all the rest of the leagues are doing just that, they're mostly all trying to address that and get people coming through the turnstiles

5 hours ago, G_&_T said:

The Spartans is a bit quirky, I agree, but acceptable. It's  Caledonian Braves that I cannot bear, as it just sounds so American, as does Cumbernauld Colts, come to think of it. Additionally, I'm not sure how I would feel about a university's team playing in the SPFL. An outfit that will change their name for cash, is also not welcome (Open Goal Broomhill). Tranent need to drop 'Juniors' now they're playing in the senior league.

In fact, there's a case to be made for zero promotion/relegation spots with the Lowland League on account of their 💩 names.

Agreed. I'd also extend that to current SPFL sides who make shite name changes, namely "FC Edinburgh". This isn't the fucking MLS.

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This sounds 100% correct, but if this has been a slide over the years for how long, its really up to their chairman and committee to sort it out for whatever they have been doing clearly has not been working.  As you say the vast majority are not interested so the club have to figure out why, work out things like the team, the management, the players with the capitol that they have, new sponsorship etc... and work out what they have to do to get more local people involved in  their club because teams lower down in the Lowland, Highland, WSFL, EOSFL and all the rest of the leagues are doing just that, they're mostly all trying to address that and get people coming through the turnstiles

Coatbridge is an annex of Glasgow about 5 miles away from Celtic Park, with a relatively large (socially) Catholic demographic who would traipse over that way on a Saturday afternoon regardless of the glory-hunting opportunity. To lecture the committee of AR for not doing enough to raise local interest without acknowledging that context is just posturing nonsense. 

The demise of Albion Rovers is not caused by their blazers being less effective or skilled for the 21st century than Spartans or other entrant clubs. 

43 minutes ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

I disagree. 

It shows their identity and pays respect to the clubs history. Quite a humble touch. 

Should be forced to drop it if they reach the big boy leagues. 

No sentimentality allowed.

18 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Don't take this personally but Honestly, that is one of the dumbest statements ever.  Everyone in the SPFL thinks its all cooshty being there and that they are fine but there are just too many teams just being there and not improving, while teams below constantly improving and strengthening.   Albion Rovers have been relegated for one reason and one reason alone. They were not good enough and don't expect to see them back for a while, genuinely the standard below and strength will be too much for them..

Bloody hell, talk about an overreaction 😂