SPFL 2 playoffs - (Brechin,) Spartans and (another) Albion Rovers

15 hours ago, virginton said:

Clydebank's potential future as a viable SPFL team will not in fact be built on your 'youth academy'. The massive stratification of resources for youth development put in place by the SFA means that's a non-starter as a serious model for any club that doesn't have access to the 'elite' funding route, or a backer with more money than sense. 

The wider point though is that Clydebank were already in the SFL and for all the recovery that the fanbase have achieved, the idea that Clydebank's return would be some sort of massive upgrade on Albion Rovers' presence in the same setup is risible. There's far more similarity in the experiences between Clydebank and Albion Rovers in the past 30 years. Which gives lie to the idea that novel and innovative non-league teams are emptying complacent wee diddy outfits from the wicked SPFL2. 

That’ll be the Clydebank that played in the premier league whilst Morton were below them? Don’t recall Albion Rovers being anywhere near as good as Clydebank were for decades.

21 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

That’ll be the Clydebank that played in the premier league whilst Morton were below them? Don’t recall Albion Rovers being anywhere near as good as Clydebank were for decades.

Can't wait for when Clydebank start going up the leagues and play themselves (Airdrie), be an interesting situation. 

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

59 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

That's going back a fair bit though. I can barely remember Clydebank in the SFL, never mind the Premier League and I'm not exactly a kid.

On 20/05/2023 at 17:02, Cosmic Joe said:

Maybe we do need a system where relegation from the SPFL doesn't mean a descent into an abyss. 

Kick the B teams Hearts, Rainjurs and Celtic into the sea obviously 

The B teams should not be in the pyramid and that is correct.
Every team that ends up being club 42, I genuinely expect them to lose the playoff,  as the standard is so high below and that even before the WOSFL teams get their asses in gear.  I predict that Albion wont be back for a while. Every team that's was relegated form the SPFL previously, East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath etc... their fans all thoguht the same, even fans of teams in the SPFL2 thought the same and that wont happen. 

The dumbest thing is most of the SPFL2 teams vote for not outright relegation i.e. 3 up 3 down or 2 up and 2 down with 3rd bottom playoff etc..  but if you had that on the SPFL2, then when relegated from the SPFL2 there is more of a chance of coming back up.  None of those teams I listed above or Albion will win the Lowland league next season so they will stay there and some even relegated. The standard is going to rise, Linlithgow Rose have joined and they are only going to be in the top half or even winning it but then there's changes at all the clubs for the better/stronger so the Lowland league is improving it standard and when the WOSFL teams start making an impact it will become stronger again.  Brechin is another one, they are in , what most preceive as a weaker league but each time they win the league and get to the final, i don't expect them to win and they , like the other former spfl 2 teams will stay again, dare say, another idiot team/committee who voted for no straight relegation from SPFL2.

The outline of the pyramid is changing, we first need that conference to get to F%$ka nd then watch and teams like Albion who are just not good enough to end up in their rightful place

On 20/05/2023 at 17:15, unitedbino said:

Congrats to Spartans, but sad to see Albion Rovers go. The SPFL will feel weird without them.

Don't take this personally but Honestly, that is one of the dumbest statements ever.  Everyone in the SPFL thinks its all cooshty being there and that they are fine but there are just too many teams just being there and not improving, while teams below constantly improving and strengthening.   Albion Rovers have been relegated for one reason and one reason alone. They were not good enough and don't expect to see them back for a while, genuinely the standard below and strength will be too much for them..

33 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

That's going back a fair bit though. I can barely remember Clydebank in the SFL, never mind the Premier League and I'm not exactly a kid.

I remember them being in the SFL 2nd Division as it was then. But that's mainly because I grew up there. They left Kilbowie Park when I was in late primary school and I'm nearly 40.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

I remember them being in the SFL 2nd Division as it was then. But that's mainly because I grew up there. They left Kilbowie Park when I was in late primary school and I'm nearly 40.

40???

And you're still losing the plot on a football forum.

lol

2 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

Clydebank yo-yoed between the top flight and the second tier for a while (usually swapping places with Morton so your claim is stupid) but were already on the slide before the shenanigans behind the scenes led to their collapse and extinction. They won just one honour in nearly 40 years and that was a third tier title. 

So spare me the revisionist pish about them being a rising power that would shake up Scottish football. 

Edited by vikingTON

22 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

It really isn't.

Ya it is

or shall we say ignorant statement
Albion Rovers, the team finished bottom because they just aint good enough and or even run badly by a committee and chairman making the wrong decisions but the person saying the place wont feel the same  ffs, no wonder Scottish Football is in the way it is with cliques of self preservation.
if any team is shit and finishes bottom they should be relegated straight down and any team who wins the league should be promoted straight up. I'm sure Albion and many more have voted for this not to happen but now they are going to realize they should have as they will find it very hard to come back up.  ( i could be wrong but i am rarely wrong)

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

Clydebank yo-yoed between the top flight and the second tier for a while (usually swapping places with Morton so your claim is stupid) but were already on the slide before the shenanigans behind the scenes led to their collapse and extinction. They won just one honour in nearly 40 years and that was a third tier title. 

So spare me the revisionist pish about them being a rising power that would shake up Scottish football. 

Aye because Morton have been a trophy winning juggernaut 😂

41 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That’s rich coming from someone who just suggested we have 3 up, 3 down or 2 up, 2 down with 3rd bottom going into a playoff in a 10 team league. 

There's another dumb shit reply

The WOSFL had 20 teams last season and 7 were relegated, (more than 1/3 of the league) to bring it down to 16 but one thing for sure, the league is still running, teams are doing well and it was really exciting until the last kick of the ball for all the fans, and yeah, stressful.   I'm looking at this objectively and the dumb shit teams in the SPFL2 are the ones voting for no relegation and happy to be in a ten team league.  It should be a bigger league, not cause i say so but it would be way better, why, so it will be more competitive with promotion and relegation to and from this division instead of playing each other too may times and get boring football

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 minute ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

How much will relegation to the LL financially hurt Albion? What will they lose not being an SFL team?

Like others have said, their set-up hasn't done them any favours. Perhaps a stint in the LL to reconstruct and develop could turn out to be favourable in the long term? 

The standard of the lowland league is rising and is becoming more competitive. That is one thing, you have that then interest will rise and if you get your house in order then your team could benefit greatly.  It's really open right now, it sup to Albion to embrace it and try and get people through the turnstiles, sponsorship etc...
Every team will go through bad times as people see it and its then that they need to  take a step back and work out what they were doing wrong

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There's another dumb shit reply

The WOSFL had 20 teams last season and 7 were relegated, (more than 1/3 of the league) to bring it down to 16 but one thing for sure, the league is still running, teams are doing well and it was really exciting until the last kick of the ball for all the fans, and yeah, stressful.   I'm looking at this objectively and the dumb shit teams in the PSFL2 are the ones voting for no relegation and happy to be in a ten team league.  It should be a bigger league, not cause i say so but it would be way better, why, so it will be more competitive with promotion and relegation to and from this division instead of playing each other too may times and get boring football

Absolute, slevering word salad.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Absolute, slevering word salad.

That shows you up so bad.
You comment means someone is talking crap when the stuff I said is true and Factually true.
It actually makes you come out of this not too bright, sorry not meaning it personal but I'm thinking of the Muppets and a voice comes out and then looking up in space, saying hoe hoe hoe, where did it go George 

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

That shows you up so bad.
You comment means someone is talking crap when the stuff I said is true and Factually true.
It actually makes you come out of this not too bright, sorry not meaning it personal but I'm thinking of the Muppets and a voice comes out and then looking up in space, saying hoe hoe hoe, where did it go George 

Yes, I’m the one coming out of this “not too bright”. You are posting incohesive nonsense and any point you are trying to make after deciphering your posts is absolute pish. 

I think we can also file this one under ex junior weirdo with a massive chip on their shoulder.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Yes, I’m the one coming out of this “not too bright”. You are posting incohesive nonsense and any point you are trying to make after deciphering your posts is absolute pish. 

I think we can also file this one under ex junior weirdo with a massive chip on their shoulder.

You have just made yourself a laughing stock as well, the ex junior guys on here will be laughing like feck as I'm against it and happy its finished.
No chip on my shoulder.
You made a stupid comment about too many teams being relegated and there is nothing wrong with that as I had just proven to you but all you come back with it tired or personal negative comments.   Do you do this on most of your posts that you disagree with, making negative comments when the person has been constructive and is right.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread