Celtic v Motherwell 22/4/23

I've never started one of these threads, might as well pop that cherry now...

So another trip to Celtic, with the inevitable result awaiting.  Let's face it, 99% of the time the result isn't in any doubt, it's just a matter of the number of goals.   If 'Well had beaten DUFC and Hearts hadn't Hibs'ed it last weekend, then there'd be a bit more excitement about this game, but sadly aiming for 7th doesn't have quite the box office appeal that going for 6th does, so the chance of Unexpected Optimism Syndrome isn't going to be the case here.

However, we do have Mr Hot Streak KVV leading the line, so there's a decent-ish chance we could nick a goal.  It's therefore a shame our defence looked so accident-prone again and we'll probably ship a boat-load at the other end.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• RostokMcSpoons changed the title to Celtic v Motherwell 22/4/23

Utterly pointless. Something-nil to the home side. 

Thoughts and prayers with the thousands of ticketless Celtic fans who'll be outside the ground desperate to pump money into Scottish football. 

For some  reason I thought we were playing Hibs which makes no sense as we played them at home last month. Anyway we will most likely have an eye on the semi final so would like to see a good few rested with more minutes for the likes of Bernabei, Kobayashi and Oh.

Edited by gannonball

I'll be at Ayr races. I couldn't care about this. 

It's so telling how not one Motherwell fan so far will be bothered by this game. 

(we reserve the right to change our minds)

As much as when we are on a good run and they are on a bad run, I can get motivated at the prospect of us competing with them at home, I've never been enthused by games where we play the Old Firm away.

The worst part of playing Celtic is that when their first XI have steamrollered you, after 60 minutes they are bringing on 3 or 4 players of just about equal quality. The five sub rule has made the prospect of games like this even worse. 

36 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The worst part of playing Celtic is that when their first XI have steamrollered you, after 60 minutes they are bringing on 3 or 4 players of just about equal quality. The five sub rule has made the prospect of games like this even worse. 

Related.

38 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

As much as when we are on a good run and they are on a bad run, I can get motivated at the prospect of us competing with them at home, I've never been enthused by games where we play the Old Firm away.

I would agree with this. Also Because Anges recruitment has been so good we have benefited the most from this and can afford to keep our larger squad more match fit should we get injuries by being able to make changes with less risk. I have no idea why on other teams voted to keep it, I think alot of them just took feedback from their coach at the time which was short sited.

51 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would agree with this. Also Because Anges recruitment has been so good we have benefited the most from this and can afford to keep our larger squad more match fit should we get injuries by being able to make changes with less risk. I have no idea why on other teams voted to keep it, I think alot of them just took feedback from their coach at the time which was short sited.

Is this not all round world football now though? Surely any vote in the SPFL to have kept it to 3 would have been temporary.

4 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Is this not all round world football now though? Surely any vote in the SPFL to have kept it to 3 would have been temporary.

I could be wrong but I think to keep the 5 subs had to go to a vote in most competitions but yeah it seems to be the norm now.

Not sure if I'll even watch this on a dodgy feed. If I do I'll put something in front of the telly to obscure the view to make it realistic. Wonder how many pocket of green seats we will see from the self styled world's greatest fans, I suppose it will be roughly the percentage who buy their season ticket for those 2 home matches per season and those who are gradually switched off by precession masquerading as a sporting event.

I'm going have a coffee then go outside ahd build a pool then maybe catch some poison ivy/get bitten by a snake. If I survive that I'll go on a donut run then might check the score when I get home. These games mean f**k all.