Airdrieonians v The Champions

Looking forward to this one on Saturday, will be interesting to see our line up.

Whilst McPake has been quite vocal this week about preserving the unbeaten run and going for various records, in reality I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the fringe players starting and the players having one eye on Benidorm already.

Given Airdrie have a 2nd place to play for & have run us very close in the previous encounters, I'm expecting a home win. Don't really care though, job done as far as I'm concerned. Would happily take a draw and move onto trophy day next week.

If it's half as entertaining as my last visit to The Excelsior it will be worth the trip.

I think it's fair enough.

Airdrie had a 5 game run, from the start of October, when they collected 1 point out of 15.  I think they had a few injuries, which highlights that they have a thin squad, and it basically ruined any chance of a title challenge - because the team at the top didn't ever lose again after that time.

During the same period, Falkirk collected 10 points out of 15, and there's only a 5 point gap now.  

We didn't play them during that bad run, so based on what we have seen, they're better than the rest.

Falkirk obviously deserve to be in 2nd though, as the points collected in October count the same as any other time.

If I was a betting man I’d say home win given the jobs done and how blootered some of the players were up the toon on Saturday night. However, I genuinely think he’ll want to keep it to one defeat if we possibly can. Airdrie the only one I’m concerned about, I think we’ll beat Clyde next weekend on trophy day, I imagine they’ll have done enough to secure 9th place by then so they’ll maybe not be flying in the same way they will in their playoff game, just like Alloa the following week, I’m sure they’ll have one eye on their promotion playoff. 

Would take a draw the now but similar to Weegie Par, if we lost I’m not overly bothered as the job is done. 

Dunfermline comfortable and deserved champions, as Rhys McCabe acknowledged last weekend after the falkirk game, but as he and everyone else has also pointed out, there hasn't been much between the teams in the three matches so far. 

All three have been very decent games of football, so hopefully that continues tomorrow. I said at the time that I didn't think anyone else in the league could put them to the sword as effectively as we did in their last visit but also that I didn't think any other side in the division would have that comeback in them. We beat ourselves to a degree, but Dunfermline deserved huge credit for the way they took full advantage. Any doubts about them winning the league were banished for me that day. That's a title winning match, and you could tell they knew it. 

Dramatic as it and the subsequent late red/penalty save at east end park were, I could do with a more straightforward affair tomorrow. Don't expect Dunfermline to have chucked it, but if we play to our capacity then we've a win in us, whether they are 100% committed or not. 

Obviously they should be giving fringe players a chance now, and thinking about their well earned off-season holidays, shouldn't they? Only right and proper. Indeed, only fair and sporting to give them early access to the club bar so as to toast their title. 

ATS will be a miss for us but hopefully he's back for the playoffs. I know we've not clinched it yet, but even so, let's avoid any other injuries to key players. We need our best available and match-fit if we're going to follow the Pars up a league. 

Away win please. Want the unbeaten run to continue but also to win the league by as many points as possible over Falkirk.

However, were we to lose I absolutely reserve the right to claim it was done on purpose to help Airdrie challenge Falkirk for 2nd.

14 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

If I was a betting man I’d say home win given the jobs done and how blootered some of the players were up the toon on Saturday night. However, I genuinely think he’ll want to keep it to one defeat if we possibly can. Airdrie the only one I’m concerned about, I think we’ll beat Clyde next weekend on trophy day, I imagine they’ll have done enough to secure 9th place by then so they’ll maybe not be flying in the same way they will in their playoff game, just like Alloa the following week, I’m sure they’ll have one eye on their promotion playoff. 

Would take a draw the now but similar to Weegie Par, if we lost I’m not overly bothered as the job is done. 

Ach 1 night on the batter the week before a game won't bother them, there all fit young men.

Regardless, lets go for Austria v West Germany Spain 82 style draw (if you're too young, google it) which will secure our play off position as whilst it would be psychologically good to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th it won't make much difference remembering Queens Park turned both of us over last year.

The games have all been close and I thought we'd done everyone else a good turn in that first hour at home, but as others have said, the fight back and eventual Pars win, ended any real upset prospects.

Hope we get at least the point to secure play offs as that was all I expected at seasons start. 

8 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Ach 1 night on the batter the week before a game won't bother them, there all fit young men.

Regardless, lets go for Austria v West Germany Spain 82 style draw (if you're too young, google it) which will secure our play off position as whilst it would be psychologically good to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th it won't make much difference remembering Queens Park turned both of us over last year.

Agreed on a draw, but for entertainment purposes Matty Todd should be allowed to shoot at goal but can only do so from 40 yards +,  to even things up gallacher is allowed to run at goal if he gets the ball at a similar distance , he is not allowed to pass. 

Of all the potential records to chase I’d take a draw here, not just for the unbeaten run and potential clean sheet but would also keep our record of beating every team individually on head to head(something Clyde can strangely match us on too)

What a nice thread! How very non Pie and Bovril! 

Dunfermline worth champions. Impressive come back at our place last time followed up by a strong come back at Falkirk shows real character.

Hoping for a home win tomorrow to allow us to seal the play offs. Would then have all key players in cotton wool.

If we lose, could get a bit nervy on our part.

2 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

What a nice thread! How very non Pie and Bovril! 

Dunfermline worth champions. Impressive come back at our place last time followed up by a strong come back at Falkirk shows real character.

Hoping for a home win tomorrow to allow us to seal the play offs. Would then have all key players in cotton wool.

If we lose, could get a bit nervy on our part.

f**k you fascist trump supporting scum!

Sorry, but if everyone is getting on and saying nice things on here I fear we somehow break space time.  Got to be safe.