Buckie Thistle 🟢⚪️ vs Brechin City 🔴⚪️ - The Title Showdown

jamamafegan

9 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

I’ve supported Brechin since the early 1980s and that was probably the best moment I have ever had as a Brechin fan. It was incredible. And going back to the Glebe and the players bringing the trophy back just topped it off. What a day.

Which completely validates the whole concept of relegation and promotion. If only someone could explain to certain clubs and officials.

Was a fantastic Brechin support in terms of numbers, but it was a bit strange- half were going absolutely fucking mental at the goals, and half didn't look that arsed.

Weird atmosphere,  I thought it would be electric but was a wee bit flat.  

58 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Congratulations to Brechin, and get it right up the weird Falkirk fan red dotting everyone who says so.

Greenie there to cancel out your inevitable red buddy. Bizarre behaviour from the poster in question. 

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Was a fantastic Brechin support in terms of numbers, but it was a bit strange- half were going absolutely fucking mental at the goals, and half didn't look that arsed.

Not too difficult to spot those that are there as neutrals, or friends of supporters who only turn up for the 'day out'.  You see them at all big matches around the country, and can suck the fun from a metre-wide radius around them. 

Worst case I ever saw was the Ross County v Dundee Utd Scottish Cup final.  Very much 'bring anyone you can and throw something navy on them'.  Nobody seemed to care.

Screenshot_20230423-113431.thumb.png.0a01cb86b568cf558e73e5ea4c85952b.png

Hands in pockets when your team scores the must-score goal 4 mins from the end of the season???

Still a great afternoon and overall support though 😁

Edited by Hedgecutter

27 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Worst case I ever saw was the Ross County v Dundee Utd Scottish Cup final. 

Tbf Dundee United destroyed County from the 1st minute of that game, there wasn't much to be excited about. 

You'll have missed the carnage and the tears of joy in the previous 2 rounds though... 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Congratulations to Brechin, and get it right up the weird Falkirk fan red dotting everyone who says so.

It’s impressive how someone can have that much of a heads gone without even posting.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Maybe the other half were nervous, it was electric at full time though.

On 23/04/2023 at 11:51, Hedgecutter said:

Not too difficult to spot those that are there as neutrals, or friends of supporters who only turn up for the 'day out'.  You see them at all big matches around the country, and can suck the fun from a metre-wide radius around them. 

Worst case I ever saw was the Ross County v Dundee Utd Scottish Cup final.  Very much 'bring anyone you can and throw something navy on them'.  Nobody seemed to care.

Screenshot_20230423-113431.thumb.png.0a01cb86b568cf558e73e5ea4c85952b.png

Hands in pockets when your team scores the must-score goal 4 mins from the end of the season???

Still a great afternoon and overall support though 😁

It was even more difficult for those in f us in the County end that day.  Full of people I had never seen at a game before.

Roy McGregor have every global employee a ticket for it, hence the 20000 people.

Looked about 2000.  The covered terrace where I was standing was pretty full.  There was actually more Brechin fans there than I expected which made the ground look a lot fuller than I thought it would.

As for the game, it was terrible, but probably expected due to no one wanting to make any mistakes.  The 2 best teams in the league by a mile and I'm still waiting for some football to be played.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Looked about 2000.  The covered terrace where I was standing was pretty full.  There was actually more Brechin fans there than I expected which made the ground look a lot fuller than I thought it would.

As for the game, it was terrible, but probably expected due to no one wanting to make any mistakes.  The 2 best teams in the league by a mile and I'm still waiting for some football to be played.

I can imagine for the neutral it was not great. However deciders and many cup finals are not. Its more about the winning and I was a bag of nerves from start o finish - a magic day in the end.

I also think, considering our run in of having played Saturday / Wednesday for weeks with Brora x1 and Fraserburgh x2 and then Buckie on final day it was a tough ask but a monumental effort by all to get over the line.

On 23/04/2023 at 12:20, Spyro said:

Tbf Dundee United destroyed County from the 1st minute of that game, there wasn't much to be excited about. 

You'll have missed the carnage and the tears of joy in the previous 2 rounds though... 

True but when they did eventually score it was against the run of play