Relegation from Lowland league

Lord Elron 44

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Plenty of teams out there willing to step forward if the HL teams aren't interested.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Majority of clubs in the Lowland League support this.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Who in the LL would be against the Conference?

32 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

None of us really know so we cannot comment as its all just guesswork unless a team publicly state as such, everything is guesswork

Nah, it's okay. PossilYM knows exactly what's going on and what everyone thinks. It's totally cool. A done deal, even.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Who in the LL would be against the Conference?

I'd suggest at least the 5 teams who voted against B Teams in the LL would be against inserting them a tier above the LL. (Bo'ness, Tranent, East Stirlingshire, Caledonian Braves and one other (Edin Uni or CSS most likely))

Also clubs who felt they were given no choice but to vote yes to B teams or face being demoted a tier for next season, e.g. Cowdenbeath.

If the proposal can be aborted before its birth, then it will be easier than dealing with ever more demanding triplets, quadrulplets or more in the future.

48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'd suggest at least the 5 teams who voted against B Teams in the LL would be against inserting them a tier above the LL. (Bo'ness, Tranent, East Stirlingshire, Caledonian Braves and one other (Edin Uni or CSS most likely))

Also clubs who felt they were given no choice but to vote yes to B teams or face being demoted a tier for next season, e.g. Cowdenbeath.

If the proposal can be aborted before its birth, then it will be easier than dealing with ever more demanding triplets, quadrulplets or more in the future.

Would any of those teams say no to a place in the Conference?

Seriously doubt it.

8 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Would any of those teams say no to a place in the Conference?

Seriously doubt it.

There are a handful of clubs that probably see themselves in a similar position to when the Lowland League started. They can jump without much worry about any fall. As it won't dramatically change their circumstances: EKFC, Broomhill, Stirling University, Spartans.

The ex-Juniors have never had the guaranteed prize money to be all that tempted to sacrifice what's there for half a season against kids.

Pretty much everyone else has to worry about the trapdoor from the Lowland League being opened up if they left. Replace any teams that move to the Conference with WoS/EoS teams and 3 down is on the table. Clubs could find themselves in freefall.

21 hours ago, Carmel Wafer said:

I went to Dalbeattie a few weeks ago. Had a great day. Realistically though the LL is not for you at the moment. Hope this gives you a chance to get sorted and be more competitive 

14 hours ago, ekok said:

Very sad to see Star being relegated. Had many great away days and honoured to be first team under new floodlights.  Always treated so well, excellent people, Kenny Murray take a special bow. Absolutely sure you will regroup and return. 

I am sure Kenny Murray will have a tear in his eye when he reads that!!! 😂

That's  how the pyramid should be one bad season and your relegated. One positive thing i've found about the pyramid is the improvement of facilities at clubs, never though Dalbeattie would ever have floodlights. 

As for Dalbeattie's return, end of the season again and more half baked ideas from the powers that be, no fan or club consultation again. No doubt they think it's the best way to take Scottish football forward. Hell knows what the future football pyramid will look like, a straight line? but hopefully Dalbeattie can start climbing back up it. Mon the Star⭐

On 30/04/2023 at 19:18, ekok said:

Very sad to see Star being relegated. Had many great away days and honoured to be first team under new floodlights.  Always treated so well, excellent people, Kenny Murray take a special bow. Absolutely sure you will regroup and return. 

Agree with what you say here ekok. I went to dalbeattie twice and found it one of the more enjoyable LL away days. Nice town, good pubs and a good set up at Islecroft. Feel a bit sorry for the Star, they've had some good squads and great players over the years but have just always found it difficult to keep hold of them. I don't think we won down at Dalbeattie until our 4th season in the league, they were a bit of a bogey team for us. I think they'll do well in the SofS but will only ever find their way back to the LL if they are the only licensed champions, which is very unlikely. 

On 01/05/2023 at 09:24, FairWeatherFan said:

Replace any teams that move to the Conference with WoS/EoS teams and 3 down is on the table. Clubs could find themselves in freefall.

That's a good point, you're playing in a 6/7 team league as far as relegation is concerned, finish "bottom" and all of a sudden you're not playing Edinburgh Uni, Gretna,  Colts, Broomhill etc, you're playing Talbot, Darvel, Pollok, Clydebank in addition to the decent teams already there.

As we've seen with ES, BR and Cowden, it take a few seasons to steady the ship, team 42 could easily fall straight through.

32 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Will be interesting if Bonnyrigg come down and Linlithgow go up. That changes that 10-5 vote to 8-7 immediately for the Colt sides vote.

Is that not dependent on Spartans going up, Edin Uni going down. But then Uni have always been a good guy have they not.

Bottom line is all fans at voting clubs need to put pressure on their boards/committees to show what we want.

I know Lithgae are good guys.

On 30/04/2023 at 00:09, Burnieman said:

If Brechin City beat Spartans, and then Albion Rovers (or Bonnyrigg), then Edinburgh Uni will drop as well as Dalbeattie don't they?

Spartans beat Brechin, so Edinburgh Uni are safe.

So do we want Spartans to FO, consistently vote badly if I recall correctly. 

Will Albion be any better than Berwick and Cowdenbeath at voting correctly.

Let the conspiracy commence.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

So do we want Spartans to FO, consistently vote badly if I recall correctly. 

Will Albion be any better than Berwick and Cowdenbeath at voting correctly.

Let the conspiracy commence.

There’s me thinking it was nice to get a wee break from this on a Saturday, where actual games of football take place. It’s going to be a long summer…

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

There’s me thinking it was nice to get a wee break from this on a Saturday, where actual games of football take place. It’s going to be a long summer…

To clarify I am currently sitting in a car outside Manchester Apollo. 3 hrs before gig ends. I am bored out my tits. Have been up since 6am and on the go all day. Won't get home till after 2.

This is my defence for talking shit and stirring it a little. My man @PossilYM knows where I'm coming from. 

Won't see another game till next season now that horsey season is in full swing. 

Withdrawal symptoms already.

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

To clarify I am currently sitting in a car outside Manchester Apollo. 3 hrs before gig ends. I am bored out my tits. Have been up since 6am and on the go all day. Won't get home till after 2.

This is my defence for talking shit and stirring it a little. My man @PossilYM knows where I'm coming from. 

Won't see another game till next season now that horsey season is in full swing. 

Withdrawal symptoms already.

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Man, I do feel some sympathy for your plight. On checking who was playing there tonight I think sitting in the car is probably preferable to being inside. 😬