UK emergency alert system test

I'm all for this "National Alert" if it stops women on my Facebook feed posting missing teenager reports from Slough. What's the point? We have ongoing terrorist shenanigans at the Tesco in the Port, it will just get all the idiots to rush there with their phones to TikTok it live.  If it's for a 4 minute w**k warning before nuclear war it could be a useful addition to the Apps on my phone.

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

Looks pretty convincing…

It seems mental we are back using Fujitsu, a tech company so bad at their job they designed a system that saw more than 700 people wrongly given criminal convictions and has cost the tax payer millions. 

What does a company have to do to get black listed from the procurement process?

31 minutes ago, 101 said:

It seems mental we are back using Fujitsu, a tech company so bad at their job they designed a system that saw more than 700 people wrongly given criminal convictions and has cost the tax payer millions. 

What does a company have to do to get black listed from the procurement process?

You would think that by the time they got to 700 people they’d maybe think ‘hang on, that’s a lot of post office fraudsters, could it be the software?’

I suppose that would require thought, from people who care about other people. Never going to happen.

Edited by Scary Bear

34 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You would think that by the time they got to 700 people they’d maybe think ‘hang on, that’s a lot of post office fraudsters, could it be the software?’

I suppose that would require thought, from people who care about other people. Never going to happen.

There is almost nothing the state is more comfortable doing than locking people (plebs) up. No one at Fujitsu has seen the inside of a jail cell, even after people killed themselves as a result of the faulty system.

Hopefully no one will kill themselves over not getting a notification but people could be killed by not receiving the notification, Fujitsu should be no where near such critical systems when they clearly can't run a bath.

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Maybe when their chairman stops donating money to the Tory party.

7 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

A lot of postmasters paid up under the threat of a fraud conviction, so the PO board members got performance related bonuses because of all the cash flowing in. Why question the software?

7 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It was worse than that, they were aware of faults and deliberately hid them and surpressed the truth rather than be shown to have any responsibilty.

8 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Maybe when their chairman stops donating money to the Tory party.

Probably true but there were a lot of IT fck ups under New Labour and Fujitsu may have been involved in some of them 

(It could be argued the IT fck ups were the thing that killed compulsory ID cards rather than any political opposition)