🔴⚪️ Hamilton Academical vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 - 22nd April 2023

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Home to Arbroath next week. Sorry Accies fans, Arbroath will beat us.

Doesnt matter really, its all about us and Cove now.  I feel dirty, cheering for a Dundee win on Friday

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

2 wins against the bottom 2 this season is absolutely dreadful. Every team can point to games that cost them over a season but those feel worse than most.

Really doesn't feel like we've only lost 1 in the last 11.

Indeed, our results against bottom 2 have been dreadful.  But that 1 defeat in 11 games has kept us in play offs. I believe with McCall we would be out of the play offs.

What was Graham’s goal called off for? He looked onside but heard some folk around me say there was a foul, and there didn’t seem to be many complaints from the players. 

Had enough chances to win two games there, how Fitzpatrick didn’t even put away one of those two great chances absolutely baffles me. First 25 minutes was all Thistle, then we just stopped (again). Brownlie has had his injuries, but it’s inexcusable for how unfit he is at this stage of the season. Within the first few minutes, Holt was having to clear up because he couldn’t chase down a ball with a head start. Lawless was excellent today, and deserved his goal. Probably should’ve had two assists as well. McMillan was also very good - turning into our most consistent player. Thought Mitchell was lucky to stay on the park when he had a kick out towards the end, and it was only him charging into someone that the ref caught. Draw was a fair result, since Accies took their two opportunities and capitalised on our inability to defend set pieces.

Edited by GrahamJags

I know Brownlie is the current scapegoat but just watched the goals back and Muirhead was (not) marking O Reilly at both goals, the scorer just ended up closer to Brownlie at the first because Muirhead lost him that badly. 

The incident with Mitchell I didn't see on the dodgy pixellot stream, i thought the first boy who tried to stop him taking a quick kick out he'd barged over was the one that reacted and the ref was somehow going to give them a penalty (think this happened to a Livi keeper at Pittodrie last year) but there was a second one that tried to stop him as he was kicking it, our camera didn't catch the afters either but sounds like he was lucky to stay on. 

I turned off the stream in a hissy fit when Accies went 2-1 up so didn't see our equaliser but it's pretty poor keeping from Fulton, considering he's played like peak Buffon against us for the whole season til that point he probably owed us an error. 

Obviously SLJ etc have access to other wider camera angles as impossible to tell from the jagzone angles on either of Graham's 2 disallowed goals whether he's offside or not. 

Edit : seen this clip on twitter and now I'm not sure, I'd assumed the second flick on came from a Thistle player but maybe it doesn't, in which case he definitely is onside 

Edited by Fuctifano

We should've had the points wrapped at HT, after eventually making the breakthrough it was criminal how little time we held onto the lead for, fair play to Accies they were clinical in taking their two chances. I thought Graham looked offside in real time, but seems like he was just on. Stevie Lawless was our best player today, even before he scored, he's really upped his game in the last few weeks after being somewhat ineffective in Doolan's first few games (as he himself admitted). Goes without saying that we need to be taking chances better, especially if we're going to let in 1 or 2 soft goals - and on that point, I think it's obvious we're missing Holt at centre-back. 

Next 2 games are still really big, if we manage to secure play-offs you want to go into them with some momentum behind you (as oppose to us last season where we are forced over the finishing line by results elsewhere and were in awful form). 

Edited by JagsCG

Brownlie has deserved criticism for the goals we lost to Inverness and Ayr. Today O' Reilly was being marked by Aero the whole game. There sections of our support who listen to a couple of peoples opinions and don't think for themselves. Brownlie apart from a couple of dodgy moments wasnt the worst.