Who Will Be The First Team To Be Promoted From the WOSFL

Well it does look like Beith will win the WOSFL's premier division, (Cant see Darvel or Auchinleck catching Beith), but as Beith are not licensed they wont be participating in the Playoff to see who is promoted to the Lowland League.  We haven't had a team who have left the WOSFL yet, so folks, who is your favorite to be the first team to be promoted from the WOSFL

Got to think Talbot will get their act together next season and start the ball rolling.

Once Talbot go others will follow.

I expect the Wosfl top.guns to leave the Wosfl and never return.

Flip side of that is i do expect Albion Rovers to play a Wosfl league game this decade.

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What vote is that? Also, it's not like it's ever been attractive before the vote.

LL land clubs have voted TEN to FIVE to keep the weans clubs on another season. Not even a close vote. 

Why would any of our great clubs want to be involved with that pile of horse manure.

Never mind kick the b clubs into the sea; send this league into deep space. 

#savethefive

11 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

LL land clubs have voted TEN to FIVE to keep the weans clubs on another season. Not even a close vote. 

Why would any of our great clubs want to be involved with that pile of horse manure.

Never mind kick the b clubs into the sea; send this league into deep space. 

#savethefive

Pyramid schmyramid.

When Talbot finally get promoted to this shit show of a division I hope it's a one season only stop off on the way to League two. 

B teams, students and moronic podcasts slugging it out in front of their mammies and daddies is not the brand of football I wish to see my side mired in for long. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

What vote is that? Also, it's not like it's ever been attractive before the vote.

Agree 110% with that about being unattractive.  Don't think anyone would have disagreed with that statement.

When you look through the seasons of the Lowland League from 2016-17 until now, the lowland is steadily losing very low standard teams via relegation but I will say, having been to quite a few lowland league games this season, the standard is the best its ever been, yes, shocker but true. But and a big BUT there are still teams whom I expect who should and will end up lower down the divisions.

I'm looking forward and expecting the Lowland league becoming stronger with the inclusion of a lot of teams at tier 6 the now and lower down who will begin to flourish over the years for example and not excluding any other teams but teams like Auchinleck, Clydebank, Pollok, Kilwinning, Beith, Linlithgow, Penicuik, Jeanfield, Sauchie these teams have a good work base and solid foundations with a excellent to good fan base but they still have to be run right and have good managers/coaching and players etc.. to flourish and I know they either have already or will in the future.  

If you had said to me 7 odd years ago we would have a working pyramid soon I would have said that you were delusional. Obviously not fully working or flowing the way we all want and desire but I believe and hopeful we will get there.

As someone mentioned above about Albion, I'm actually looking forward to a league season when the big West Guns have moved up and you'll have a WOSF Premier League containing Albion Rovers and Cumbernauld Colts etc..  yeha it could happen.

I look at the teams that moved up from the East for example Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Tranent into the Lowland and every team has flourished and actually looking forward to the first WOSFL to do so and see how they fair.

P.s.  I'm against the B teams moving up divisions and into the SPFL 100% that's for sure and would prefer a reserve league where these teams can reside but I think these teams in the lowland are good for development not just the B teams but the teams playing against them and they do bring in the crowds.  The last B match I was at was Hearts B (had four 16 year old's playing) V Broomhill which ended 2.3 to Hill in an enjoyable game despite the weather and there was so much to learn from the game from the fans, the coaching staff the players on both sides etc..., I thoroughly enjoyed it.   One downside, we mostly agree and the Lowland is that it should be 3 up and 3 down from tier 6 to the lowland but the B teams inclusion, even though they cant be relegated makes it more awkward regarding relegation.

Last P.S  can't we make all teams in tier 6 sign a charter that if they are promoted to the Lowland then at general meetings they MUST vote for 3 up 3 down 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Id rather play the B teams than some of the other dross in the LL. B teams play in every other big leagues in Europe, but because it’s the Old Firm that are involved then nobody wants it here 

Correct. That's because they are the pollutants of Scottish football. 

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Agree 110% with that about being unattractive.  Don't think anyone would have disagreed with that statement.

When you look through the seasons of the Lowland League from 2016-17 until now, the lowland is steadily losing very low standard teams via relegation but I will say, having been to quite a few lowland league games this season, the standard is the best its ever been, yes, shocker but true. But and a big BUT there are still teams whom I expect who should and will end up lower down the divisions.

I'm looking forward and expecting the Lowland league becoming stronger  a lot of teams in tier 6 and lower down begin to flourish over the years for example and not excluding any other teams but teams like Auchinleck, Clydebank, Pollok, Kilwinning, Beith, Linlithgow, Penicuik, Jeanfield, Sauchie these teams have a good work base and solid foundations with a excellent to good fan base but they still have to be run right and have good managers/coaching and players etc.. to flourish and I know they either have already or will in the future.  

If you had said to me 7 odd years ago we would have a working pyramid soon I would have said that you were delusional. Obviously not fully working or flowing the way we all want and desire but I believe and hopeful we will get there.

As someone mentioned above about Albion, I'm actually looking forward to a league season when the big West Guns have moved up and you'll have a WOSF Premier League containing Albion Rovers and Cumbernauld Colts etc..  yeha it could happen.

I look at the teams that moved up from the East for example Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Tranent into the Lowland and every team has flourished and actually looking forward to the first WOSFL to do so and see how they fair.

P.s.  I'm against the B teams moving up divisions and into the SPFL 100% that's for sure and would prefer a reserve league where these teams can reside but I think these teams in the lowland are good for development not just the B teams but the teams playing against them and they do bring in the crowds.  The last B match I was at was Hearts B V Broomhill which ended 2.3 to Hill in an enjoyable game despite the weather and there was so much to learn from the game from the fans, the coaching staff the players on both sides etc..., I thoroughly enjoyed it.   One downside, we mostly agree and the Lowland is that it should be 3 up and 3 down from tier 6 to the lowland but the B teams inclusion, even though they cant be relegated makes it more awkward regarding relegation.

Last P.S  can't we make all teams in tier 6 sign a charter that if they are promoted to the Lowland then at general meetings they MUST vote for 3 up 3 down 

All that sounds fine until you realise that it will take a minimum of 9 years for those clubs you mentioned to get into that league. It's not a working pyramid. It's a self serving mess for greedy plastic clubs and the OF.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

All that sounds fine until you realise that it will take a minimum of 9 years for those clubs you mentioned to get into that league. It's not a working pyramid. It's a self serving mess for greedy plastic clubs and the OF.

Agreed that it will take time and that's what I meant by ( Obviously not fully working or flowing the way we all want and desire but I believe and hopeful we will get there ).  We are last to the party, as in the WOSFL, to join the pyramid on the southern side so it will take us longer, its not stopped Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Tranent flourish but promotion and relegation MUST be either 3 up with 3 down.

It is a working pyramid, no getting away with it, its just not the way you or I or most people want except greedy people running associations or teams

53 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It's unlikely it will actually take that long, just because there is a single promotion spot now doesn't mean that will always be the case.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's unlikely it will actually take that long, just because there is a single promotion spot now doesn't mean that will always be the case.

Hopefully you are right but that vote doesn't exactly fill anyone with confidence. My comment was based on the current situation, not hopes.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Hopefully you are right but that vote doesn't exactly fill anyone with confidence. My comment was based on the current situation, not hopes.

As far as I'm aware, to be fair, the vote to include the B teams has no baring on promotion or relegation. Its the teams outwith the B teams in the lowland who are just not voting for relegation to tier 6, (thinking of themselves).  The B teams have no voting power in the league.

Everyone has their thoughts and views and many stated things like 'a lot of teams in the west premier don't want to be promoted because the lowland is crap' and you know what if that was true, I wouldn't blame any of the west teams for thinking that.  Again as i said we are late to the party so no teams has been promoted for past few seasons and nothing other than circumstances and ourselves, (meaning the west) are to blame but teams are getting their house in order.     

Look at Benburb, their chairman and committee realized what the possibilities could be and 5 year ago they didn't have an academy or a SFA license and now look at them, they have a fully working academy with teams at many levels and they also worked on and received their SFA license and played in the Scottish cup this season, bad draws I'll give you that, away to Fort William and Wick but they all said it was well worth it as they came out on black regarding monies from the Cup venture and have that every year to look forward to.  Now is it a possibility they want to be promoted, maybe, they might be a long way off but they have their house in order, think a bigger fan base is required to bring the cash in and sponsorship but that's in their own hands to drive that interest. What I will say, what is going to happen is more and more West teams will realize the same and be hungry for success on and off the park and look to so see how far they can rise through the divisions.

I believe we will have teams eventually make the second, first and even the championship SPFL divisions there will be success there will be heartache but hopefully teams will find their true level and enjoy in the triumphs and better themselves after disasters.

My views original thoughts were that I thought Kilwinning or Clydebank would be the first to be promoted but i cant see that happening for a while.

15 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As far as I'm aware, to be fair, the vote to include the B teams has no baring on promotion or relegation. Its the teams outwith the B teams in the lowland who are just not voting for relegation to tier 6, (thinking of themselves).  The B teams have no voting power in the league.

Everyone has their thoughts and views and many stated things like 'a lot of teams in the west premier don't want to be promoted because the lowland is crap' and you know what if that was true, I wouldn't blame any of the west teams for thinking that.  Again as i said we are late to the party so no teams has been promoted for past few seasons and nothing other than circumstances and ourselves, (meaning the west) are to blame but teams are getting their house in order.     

Look at Benburb, their chairman and committee realized what the possibilities could be and 5 year ago they didn't have an academy or a SFA license and now look at them, they have a fully working academy with teams at many levels and they also worked on and received their SFA license and played in the Scottish cup this season, bad draws I'll give you that, away to Fort William and Wick but they all said it was well worth it as they came out on black regarding monies from the Cup venture and have that every year to look forward to.  Now is it a possibility they want to be promoted, maybe, they might be a long way off but they have their house in order, think a bigger fan base is required to bring the cash in and sponsorship but that's in their own hands to drive that interest. What I will say, what is going to happen is more and more West teams will realize the same and be hungry for success on and off the park and look to so see how far they can rise through the divisions.

I believe we will have teams eventually make the second, first and even the championship SPFL divisions there will be success there will be heartache but hopefully teams will find their true level and enjoy in the triumphs and better themselves after disasters.

My views original thoughts were that I thought Kilwinning or Clydebank would be the first to be promoted but i cant see that happening for a while.

Those are sematics. The vote wasn't on the relegation issue, no but it's indicative of the way the clubs think. The B teams are an extra revenue stream for them showing they couldn't care less about a pyramid structure.

Edited by jimbaxters

2 minutes ago, bigecumnock said:

IMO listening to my friends from Auchinleck and also to my fellow Cumnock supporters they don’t want to be any part of Lowland League so I think you can discount them 

I haven't discounted any team and certainly wouldn't discount any team on the say so of some fans chat.  I do however think it would be negative impact for both teams if one team moved up a division but if you truly support your team, you want your team to be successful and not stuck in lower divisions.  If officially both Auchinleck and Cumnock didn't want to go up then I'm cool with that but I do get the feeling it wouldn't stop other teams in the WOSFL premier league leaving them behind to a weaker WOSFL premier league