Why all the hate for the Scottish Championship?

17 hours ago, Thumper said:

I mean I suppose in the sense that if you support Celtic for long enough you start believing that you're Irish, but not in any helpful sense.

Affinity is nothing to do with delusion

Love the Championship. Proper community clubs slugging it out, anyone can beat anyone and free from all the sectarian pish the Old Firm bring.  It has got much better since proper (well almost proper) play offs were introduced. Even an average team like Rovers still could dream about going up until 3 or 4 games ago. The trade off is obviously playing teams 4 times but I think on balance it’s worth it. Not sure there’s a massive gulf or difference in quality between Championship sides and the lower half of the Premiership. We comfortably beat Motherwell in the cup and ICT cruised past Livingston. One off games, but not exactly a rare occurrence. 

On 18/04/2023 at 20:00, Chippyminton said:

This ^^^^^^

I'm a joiner by trade, and I occasionally venture into Glasgow with my trade buddies as a working team. I'm a Morton fan, my apprentice is a Stranraer supporter, the plasterer's a Lichtie man, the plumber's a Queens supporter, and the sparky's a Killies fan. You go onto a site, the talk turns to fitba, and we're all looked at as though we're some kind of aliens.

So you're in Glasgow and most folk you meat support a Glasgow team. I don't know where your squad is based but at least 4 of them don't support the local team. Glory hunting bassas.

1 hour ago, thisal said:

So you're in Glasgow and most folk you meat support a Glasgow team. I don't know where your squad is based but at least 4 of them don't support the local team. Glory hunting bassas.

alan perv GIF

1 hour ago, thisal said:

So the standard you propose is whenever you move you must select a “local” team to support or you’re a glory hunter, right? What’s the radius you propose as acceptable? Perhaps a 10 mile radius in heavily populated areas like Glasgow, perhaps 25 miles when you get to Dumbarton or Ayr, and 50+ miles for Peterhead and Cove?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So the standard you propose is whenever you move you must select a “local” team to support or you’re a glory hunter, right? What’s the radius you propose as acceptable? Perhaps a 10 mile radius in heavily populated areas like Glasgow, perhaps 25 miles when you get to Dumbarton or Ayr, and 50+ miles for Peterhead and Cove?

Im not proposing anything. Just pointing out the irony of complaining about people in Glasgow supporting Glasgow teams. It's the people who aren't from Glasgow supporting Glasgow teams that's the problem. The glory hunting comment was very obviously tongue in cheek. 

33 minutes ago, thisal said:

Im not proposing anything. Just pointing out the irony of complaining about people in Glasgow supporting Glasgow teams. It's the people who aren't from Glasgow supporting Glasgow teams that's the problem. The glory hunting comment was very obviously tongue in cheek. 

I'm originally from Greenock and I've been a Morton supporter for 40 years. Since moving to Girvan 7 years ago, I decided not to break the habit of a lifetime.  Same goes for Steve the plasterer. Lichties supporter. Born and bred in Arbroath, but got married to an Ayrshire lassie and moved to the west coast a decade ago. Same goes for Chris the plumber. Spiders supporter. Born in Bellahouston, now stays in Ayr. My apprentice Angus. Blues supporter. Stays in his home town of Stranraer. Eddie the spark. Killie supporter. Stays in his home town of Kilmarnock. Moving town, city or country doesn't carry a legal obligation to stop supporting the home team you've supported all your life. 

And you've totally missed the point - which was that OF supporters can't conceive that anyone could possibly support anyone else without looking down their noses at them. As though they were aliens. Not a complaint - just an observation.

• 4 weeks later...

Last couple of weeks in championship have been superb.

Obviously I'm Thistle biased but the glorious prem wouldn't have produced as good a volley as Brian Graham's opener on Friday, nor a team goal as good as Tiffoneys second. Championship has some really good moments.

Stick the EPL up your arse. And if Jamie Carragher has a problem with that,  I'll spit on his face

Edited by John Lambies Doos