Why all the hate for the Scottish Championship?

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The utter horse shite on display is what makes it competitive.

The funny thing about that is, the top 6 in the Championship could compete with the bottom 6 of the Premiership. Just look at some of the cup results this season.

I am all for a 16 team top league, some of the teams in the Premiership are just as shite as us.

Agree with that.

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

That's part of what makes it so great.  Watching your team play like crap for 70 minutes, passing the ball straight out of play, miss hitting simple balls and looking like half the team have never played football before.  Then suddenly out of nowhere there'll be a 5 minute spell where they play like prime Barcelona, and you're like wtf just happened, and then they go straight back to being utter shit again.

Congratulations on your promotion, good to see you back.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

ICT beat Kilmarnock and Livingston x2.

Raith beat Motherwell.

Hamilton beat Ross County.

Morton beat Hibs.

Partick beat Kilmarnock.

Arbroath beat St Mirren.

It has been a regular occurrence when Premiership teams have faced Championship teams this season.

It doesn't measure anything. Morton lost to Clyde in the exact same nonsense group stage and yet Clyde would even beat Brechin's record low and zero wins points total at this level. 

Cup games are not a true measurement and League Cup games in July are beyond useless. 

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

It doesn't measure anything. Morton lost to Clyde in the exact same nonsense group stage and yet Clyde would even beat Brechin's record low and zero wins points total at this level. 

Cup games are not a true measurement and League Cup games in July are beyond useless. 

You guys have taken 6 points against a 23/24 Premiership team this season.

The standard is dire across the board and I can't think of a single player from any team that I'd back to take a step up and comfortably adjust to top flight football. I'm not expecting late 90s Serie A, but the division is riddled with full-time professional players who receive the ball and then take 3 or 4 touches before deciding what to do with it (which is inevitably the safest pass available or a hoof out the park).

That doesn't necessarily diminish the entertainment value for fans who have emotional investment in their team or banter value (although even on the latter point, the bottom of this season's division is sorely missing a Dunfermline or Falkirk type joke club).

47 minutes ago, virginton said:

They're really not, but thanks for that birthday caird pish non-sequitur. 

They really are, but thanks for your charmless response anyway. I don't believe anyone as miserable as you would get any birthday cairds anyway. 

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Personally, I call it dugshite because there are a plethora (a vast majority, I'd argue) are full time professional footballers who cannot trap a ball, control a simple pass or lift their head and find an open man 10 yards away and instead decide to hoof it.

Those are basic attributes and anyone calling themself a professional at anything should have those mastered. More and more players are entering the fold and because they can run around a lot they're being given handsome wages and a number.

I wouldn't be happy to pay a painter and he walked in and threw a tub of paint onto a wall so I'm sure as f**k I won't be praising 'footballers' who are too lazy or scared to master their - supposedly mandatory - skillset once a week.

19 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

The standard is dire across the board and I can't think of a single player from any team that I'd back to take a step up and comfortably adjust to top flight football. I'm not expecting late 90s Serie A, but the division is riddled with full-time professional players who receive the ball and then take 3 or 4 touches before deciding what to do with it (which is inevitably the safest pass available or a hoof out the park).

That doesn't necessarily diminish the entertainment value for fans who have emotional investment in their team or banter value (although even on the latter point, the bottom of this season's division is sorely missing a Dunfermline or Falkirk type joke club).

I kinda get this point, but I'm always mindful of a guy I worked with that claimed to know a couple of Championship footballers (second hand pish perhaps, but he didn't strike me as a fantasist so i took it in good faith) that both made similar points when he asked them what it was like to play professionally; that it can be hard enough even just *walking* around the pitch since your legs feel like they've got lead in them from under the pressure and maybe soreness from training/little knocks you've taken through the weeks that you just have to suck up and deal with... and then you have to play the game on top of that.

Maybe they were just shitey jobbers tbf.

No matter what you think of the league, it has been unbelievably competitive this season.  Each team has three games left and six clubs can still fill one of the four top positions.  At the other end of the table, there are three team trying to avoid the bottom two slots.  It looks like Raith are the only team that are unlikely to be involved in the promotion or relegation battles.

Will be interesting to see if any of this is sorted out this weekend.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Falkirk got royally fucked over. They had a team that finished second in a league with Rangers and Hibs. And fifth in a league with Hearts, Rangers and Hibs. QoS finished fourth that year, and they haven’t fared well either since.

What a laugh eh.

Mind that time their pitch invasion down at Dumfries allowed for the extra time needed for Queen's to go up the other end and win a dodgy penalty - all but condemning Falkirk to a half decade (so far) in League 1.

Who says the championship isn't entertaining. 

4 hours ago, AMMjag said:

The standard is dire across the board and I can't think of a single player from any team that I'd back to take a step up and comfortably adjust to top flight football.

Livingston were looking at recalling Josh Mullin in January, just to pick a single random example to rebut this pish.

8 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

the standard of players is shite but not just in the championship the whole of scottish football is filled with players who would have been lucky to get a game for the juniors years ago

This refrain is one that I've heard through all of my adult life and it's to my eternal regret that haven't been able to witness the long gone high point.

9 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

the standard of players is shite but not just in the championship the whole of scottish football is filled with players who would have been lucky to get a game for the juniors years ago

Is it any coincidence that magnificently resurgent Queen's Park have recently signed two players from the Juniors who, therefore, are thus good enough to play in self same Juniors.

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

Livingston were looking at recalling Josh Mullin in January, just to pick a single random example to rebut this pish.

8 hours ago, AMMjag said:

'Looking at'... and didn't. Concrete!

Regardless, it is an absolutely astounding level of nonsense to suggest not a single player in this league could step up. 

13 hours ago, AMMjag said:

The standard is dire across the board and I can't think of a single player from any team that I'd back to take a step up and comfortably adjust to top flight football. 

Totally disagree with this, there’s plenty of players who could comfortably make the step up. Not the individual players fault if they’re surrounded by shite