How's your nerves? SMFC vs KFC 22/4/23

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Maybe it was the heat of the moment but my initial thought after that red card was to terminate Small's loan spell and send him back to Southampton. Absolute lunacy from him.

I initially felt the same but it would send a terrible message to any club thinking of loaning players to us in the future and wouldn’t be well received by the dressing room.

The boy made a mistake and I’m sure will be fined appropriately but he probably needs an arm round his shoulder more than he needs punted.

Just now, FTOF said:

To be fair, even with Small on the park we weren't going to change the end result.

I lost interest in our game after about 60 minutes after realising we were heading for an inevitable defeat. Watched the planes instead.

Spent the last ten minutes hoping time in Dundee would pass faster than it was actually appearing to.

Oh my anger was nothing to do without it ruining our chances and all about his fucking stupidity.

Even with 11 men we weren't scoring so no idea why Killie did so much time wasting (not complaining either we do it when we're winning, which has been quite often this season).

I don’t think we were ever scoring even if Small hadn’t got that brainless red card, so for me Dunne was the most at fault today although Tanser was suspect too. Killie strolled it in the middle of the park, our midfield was poor and bringing on loads of strikers made it even weaker.

We really need to strengthen the left side of defence for next season.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Oh my anger was nothing to do without it ruining our chances and all about his fucking stupidity.

Even with 11 men we weren't scoring so no idea why Killie did so much time wasting (not complaining either we do it when we're winning, which has been quite often this season).

I had a wry chuckle at that completely unnecessary approach , as it was evident to all and sundry in the Saints support that we were utter dugmeat and  were never going to trouble their keeper.

33 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Are you looking forward to the 12th of July? Disappointed that Rangers are shit and didn’t win the league? Stop singing “hello hello” and people stop making the connection but as it stands, it’s an open goal. Sing rangers songs? Rangers fans. Optics. I have plenty of killie fan friends, c***s but good c***s. They are embarrassed that you still sing that pish. I have no doubt that the vast majority of killie fans are just that, killie fans, but STOP SINGING RANGERS SONGS. Sorry for shouting. I’m 

Oooft. The fucking nick of this. Did you buy a half and half scarf? Answer A for yes or B for no. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Take one of these men’s wages for this week, and send it to the other man’s charity of choice. Fcuking p***k.

FCB45971-B2E0-4A77-8EE2-C285BDE24B68.jpeg

C4D7F652-DF34-4A2D-A28F-70DF35084D2F.jpeg

To be fair the game was over by the time Small came on. He is only 18, he lost it, stupid aye but he will learn from it. If we didn't make top 6 today it wouldn't have been down to him.

Seen this coming a mile off. Too many experienced ones off it today. Nobody took the game by the scruff of the neck for us.

Well done Killie, better team by far today, and the previous visit to Paisley. Definitely our bogie team this season.

Well done to our manager, staff, board and players though. Top 6 is a great achievement, didn't look likely at the start of the season, we are craving something much bigger though. 

Hopefully we show up for these 5 cup finals.

5 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Killie were the better side by far today. We just didn't play. We allowed Alan Power to stroll through the game. 

Killie won't have an easier game all season. 

Glad to make top 6 but must get back to form asap

Alan Power was fkin brilliant today.

Absolutely bossed our midfield.

Glad we finally got over the line for top 6. 

We were absolutely horrific today. Disappointing that the players were just not up for it. Full house, perfect pitch, good weather.  I don't think Kilmarnock were great either, we made them look great. 

Still going to enjoy my beer tonight.  🍺