Doonhamers vs. Gable Endies

Definite end of season feel to the interest around this game - understandable with both teams practically (if not mathematically) out of the play-off running. 

Last week appeared to be the reminder (I was going to say reality check but I think we were all reasonably grounded around the unexpected-ness of our upturn in form) that our squad still needs a major overhaul for next season.

However, there are clear signs that Bartley can get performances and results out of sub-par players and in theory this would get easier with his own players in this summer. He's improved the squad in the key areas with the players he brought in in January but the summer is a big test and of course its not as simple as just "getting better players" - every club is in the same boat trying to upgrade on what they have.

As we said before this run had us flirting with the pay-offs, lets end the season in as strong a position as we can. Hoping for a reaction to last week but there is the possibility for a drab 0-0 with both teams minds firmly on the beach. 

29 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Doonhammer.

Was that your Freudian slip over "pay offs" or just a wee sausage fingers like a few of my posts.?

I'd guess it was the latter, but the former is clearly more appropriate now.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well the great day has finally arrived.

That coveted 6th spot in the 3rd tier is up for grabs.

'Bring it on' I say.

Let's hope that after all the pre-match hype a game of such importance doesn't turn out to be a damp squib.

With the stakes being so high, we just have to hope that the players can handle the enormity of the moment and don't freeze on the big occasion.   

Must be a real risk of traffic gridlock in the town centre around 2 pm today as the big crowd converges on the stadium. I'm sure the polis will have contingency plans in place though including taking manual control of the lights on Buccleuch St bridge ... aye?

Hoping for a reaction from the players today tbh. If the season is officially over tonight then I won't be too arsed about the last two games but after a thumping last week I do want a reaction (as will MB I'm sure). 

As much as I don't want the majority of this side back next year, for a large portion of them it'll be as good as it'll get receiving a new contract from QoS so they should be doing their best to be offered one. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As much as I don't want the majority of this side back next year, for a large portion of them it'll be as good as it'll get receiving a new contract from QoS so they should be doing their best to be offered one. 

Just, just, God no! ... tempting fate way too much there. Please no.

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Just, just, God no! ... tempting fate way too much there. Please no.

Indeed. But they should be playing for contracts as I doubt a fair few of them will be getting another FT gig tbh. 

Bad enough we make a rod for our own backs without the officials chipping in. Holy f**k. 

Clear as day penalty. Slack pass from Brydon (yet someone near me still blamed Kev ffs). Really need to see the foul again though. He made no attempt to play the ball but I thought there were boys covering to prevent it being a red. 

The second goal McKechnie is adamant he got the ball. Can't see for sure over here. 

The third though, f**k me. McKenzie controlled it with his arm right infront of the linesman who unsurprisingly completely misses it. 

Quite disappointing as we were well on top until the red card and playing decent football. It's taken the competition out the game tbh. Connelly will likely be hooked for Cochrane or McGrory. Could be a very dull second half from our point of view. 

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Surprised to see the red card.  Does the foul not now need deemed deliberate to be a red and a penalty?  

It just looked like Brydon clumsily stumbled into the back of him, to me. 

I thought it was a clear push tbh. I just didn't think it was a particularly clear opportunity to shoot. I was actually watching the boy running into the box with the other defenders as I was expecting a cutback to him rather than a shot. So was very surprised to see the red. I'd need to see it back though. 

If you give that muppet the chance to send you off he'll take it though. Literally sent a text 5 min previous to the Mrs saying "there will be a red or a penalty today" :lol:

Edited by 19QOS19