Ayr v QP

4 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Dreadful quality up front for both teams. Dipo loves to just chuck himself to the ground begging for a foul doesn't he? For all the conspiracy theories about the ref before the match I thought he had a decent enough game - struggling to see where the bias is.

He was absolutely hopeless for both teams. 

8 minutes ago, TapothehullDee said:

The third last piece of the jigsaw falls nicely into place. Tomorrow the second last, next week at Dens the final piece. 

It will mathematically go down to the last game in spite of whatever happens

3 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It will mathematically go down to the last game in spite of whatever happens

not really we win tomorrow its 3 points we then beat cove its 6 meaning that queens need a win at the cheaters to take it to the last game(i think)

We didn't test Ferrie nearly enough, a game where both teams huffed and puffed but daren't have lost it. 

I have to say our pitch seriously hampers any attempts at playing football (for both teams). Simple five yard passes seem to bobble from a to b. It can't be a great surface to play on, historically it was one of the best in the country, it can't be far off one of the worst now.

1 minute ago, Liam899 said:

I think it sums up Queens recently. They’ve clearly been much better than that for most of this season. 

I don't think they have - between their fortnightly BBC media darling appearances and watching them in person, I think they're very fortunate not to drop out of the playoffs altogether. 

No doubt Coyle will be fabricating another 'bookies' favourites to go down' line, but they're just regressing to what anyone would have expected from them before the season started. 

possibly an oversimplification/statement of obvious but Simon Murray leaving really hurt QP since he left? Didn't watch todays game as a caveat.

I can vaguely mind us playing Raith through the years when they had Gregory Tade who was (maybe?) a similar type of player; just relentless graft up front, I can't mind Tade scoring against us but him and Murray were/are clearly a pain in the arse to defend against, and it feeds into how confident the rest of the team are. If you're having to resort to hoofball then knowing you've got someone willing to put in a shitload of work to either gather in hopeful punts or force mistakes/defenders to play the ball out for throw-ins is invaluable in a poor quality league.

Kinda applies in the top flight too, Sammon had a wee purple patch for us up front in the top flight from no-nonsense football when we were trying to grind out results.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

I don't think they have - between their fortnightly BBC media darling appearances and watching them in person, I think they're very fortunate not to drop out of the playoffs altogether. 

No doubt Coyle will be fabricating another 'bookies' favourites to go down' line, but they're just regressing to what anyone would have expected from them before the season started. 

Take your point but Murray’s goals have been a loss to them. Maybe that was the difference. Maybe they’d have regressed anyway, who knows. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

That was football AIDS.

You're not allowed back! Clearly the jinx for shit games! 

Dreadful game and again I kept clock watching got it all to be over. Two really poor teams. Queens Park have no chance of going up, especially if they have to play the 11th place prem team. See you next season spiders

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You're not allowed back! Clearly the jinx for shit games! 

Dreadful game and again I kept clock watching got it all to be over. Two really poor teams. Queens Park have no chance of going up, especially if they have to play the 11th place prem team. See you next season spiders

Maybe. Who's the jinx now?

Queens Park were unlucky not to score at least once in the first half. The point blank range save from Albinson was magnificent. I thought that was a certain goal. 

Ayr United were the better team in the second-half but were let down by some very poor decision making in attack. 

Referee was terrible for both teams. 

A draw was a fair result IMO, but not what either side would have wanted.

Good luck with the rest of your season QP.

Edited by Richey Edwards

After tonight I'm convinced the ref was on this thread pregame and read the Ayr fans comments. Not that he gave anything against us, but he was just all round absolutely dreadful, so he must have been trying too hard to be even.

Thought it was a pretty poor game all round with both teams defending well but neither team being anything other than below average up front, aside from that one fantastic save from Albinson. 

I'll accept 2nd place now if we secure it, but even that's not a given. Folk on here will see that as some kind of concession, but go back to August and find any post that said QP would finish top 4 let alone fight for the league.

Edited by Dave
Fight for the league, not the playoffs