Motherwell v Dundee Utd 15 April

3 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Paton is not good enough.

I think that's harsh. Paton injected some much needed energy into the game and linked play well. I'd argue he offered more in an attacking sense than Cornelius did. Okay, it didn't come to much in this game but I think there's enough there that he'll be useful for the run in at the very least.

2nd pen looked more then the 1st one from where I was, and for the 1st on it looked like there was a clear diversion on the ball by Kelly.

That said, we had a couple of opportunities to kill the game, but were second to every ball second half.

Points thrown away.

12 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

I think that's harsh. Paton injected some much needed energy into the game and linked play well. I'd argue he offered more in an attacking sense than Cornelius did. Okay, it didn't come to much in this game but I think there's enough there that he'll be useful for the run in at the very least.

I don't get the Cornelius hype tbh.

Energy and presses the opposition, but little aside from that IMO.

I mean decent at our level for the role he plays, but meh.

14 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Agree - I thought Paton improved things when he came on - absolutely no complaints about him. I thought Goss was probably the poorest of our midfielders on show today.

First penalty was a heavy touch from Fletcher and Kelly got a touch on the ball but after he hit Fletcher with his legs so good decision, albeit marginal. Second was as clear cut as you'll ever see and it's absolutely wild that VAR didn't help fix Walsh's utterly bizarre decision. 

I'd like to see the Motherwell goal again as the Well player on the line looked to impede Freeman as the ball broke back to Van Veen. Morally that really should have been 3-0 and it's scandalous that we've been cheated out of those extra two goals towards the goal difference. I trust the club will be seeking immediate clarification from .. etc.

14 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Motherwell wont be making the top 6 and have enough points already to be safe from relegation so its only fair that they give us 3 points today. Surely you boys would rather have the Tangerines in the top league instead of tinpot outfits like Ross County and Killie? 

Anyhow, 2-1 Dundee United please

Well now...

United were so much more up for it than us today.  They were first to so many balls and made us lose possession with their pressing. United had the lions share of the ball without creating very much.

KVV could have had 4 today but none of the chances were particularly good play which will be a worry for the Arabs. 

We didn’t deserve anything today and that’s the first proper negative of the Ketts reign. 

Edited by Gianfranco

Figured if our wheels came off it would be next weekend at Parkhead.

Game was flat and alarm bells should have been ringing for SK 15 mins in. We played like Hearts did the night we qualified for Europe, viewing our season effectively over (they were also trying to keep injury free for the cup final), maybe the top six hunt being mathematically over left us a bit ho hum.

kudos for Max Johnson getting into the right areas but his final ball got cherry picked repeatedly and without much effort. Goss was poor, didn't get Cornelius MotM but some raw emotion and passion from Spittal going mental at everyone around him for keystone cops efforts to clear the ball. Paton did no wrong.

HIghlight was Kelly foghorning Casey and walking with him for 3 yards so he could continue to berate him.

Just a shite game all in, mispalced passed, overhit dead balls, a bit of a shitfest on a lovely pitch on a lovely day.

The way we were set up was at odds with the past few weeks. KVV's reported post match comments about a degree arrogance from us seem to be accurate.

Can anyone explain what the difference in the two penalty incidents is? On both occasions Kelly comes rushing out of his goal and dives at the feet of Fletcher taking him out. And both times Kelly runs about like an idiot after each decision. I'm baffled. Presumably United will appeal against the yellow for "simulation".

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can anyone explain what the difference in the two penalty incidents is? On both occasions Kelly comes rushing out of his goal and dives at the feet of Fletcher taking him out. And both times Kelly runs about like an idiot after each decision. I'm baffled. Presumably United will appeal against the yellow for "simulation".

You can't appeal a yellow.

Fletcher looked very close to a dive on both pens imo.

While some commentators will say "he is entitled to go down" I think he played for both.

Don't think you can appeal a yellow.

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

While some commentators will say "he is entitled to go down" I think he played for both.

Pretty sure you can appeal yellows for simulation and mistaken identity. 

In both cases Kelly rushes out at the feet of Fletcher. Where is Fletcher supposed to go. He has to clatter into Kelly due to Kelly's stupidity. 

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

In both cases Kelly rushes out at the feet of Fletcher. Where is Fletcher supposed to go. He has to clatter into Kelly due to Kelly's stupidity. 

Knew about mistaken identity, didn't know about diving, ta.

Have to disagree, I think Fletcher plays for it, but that's opinions, eh?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

59 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think both these are right. Fletcher was 100% looking for them but that's how it goes eh?

Kelly's attempt to come out was disgraceful. Looked like someone who hadn't ever come out for a one on one. It was completely amateur. He is so shite

Edited by Busta Nut

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I think both these are right. Fletcher was 100% looking for them but that's how it goes eh?

Kelly's attempt to come out was disgraceful. Looked like someone who hadn't ever come out for a one on one. It was completely amateur. He is so shite

Mentioned this on the Motherwell thread. in his defence he did make a few good saves, but his ability to close down a striker when it is a close call never ends well. He does not even seem to use his hands. I mean if he clatters into the player but his arms get to the ball then it might result in no penalty being given. He was lucky is was not 2 penalties as Fletcher overplayed the fall which made it look more like simulation to the referee. 

If he does not rush out like a headless chicken we may get a point or more. To be fair normally the striker just shoots past him as he actively seems to make himself smaller when he comes from goal. The exact opposite of say Craig Gordon who would be like a windmill with his arms.

I used to get slightly irked when Steve Clark overlooked Kelly for a cap. Based on this season I fully understand why…

7 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Tbf there were those who said similar about Campbell when he was starting out.

True but Deano is 22 now, you'd think he'd have more ability about him than "runs".

Just also to clarify I still absolutely hate Aitchison. An imposter. A fraud.