The Bairns Vs The Wee Guys

22 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Happens, I suppose. Adam Frizzell made ATS look a right clown last season in a game between the two sides, but the Barbados and Antigua hall-of-famer has actually been really solid for us this season when he has played and has turned out to be a very good signing. 

He was really stinking for us last season. I always thought that he was a bag of nerves anytime the ball came near him and I sometimes wonder if we, as a fan base, give players too much of a hard time sometimes. Confidence player that didn't have much.

Genuine question: did you make a mistake saying 'Barbados and Antigua' because it's actually Antigua and Barbuda, or do Barbados and Antigua have a joint arrangement for international football?

19 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Happens, I suppose. Adam Frizzell made ATS look a right clown last season in a game between the two sides, but the Barbados and Antigua hall-of-famer has actually been really solid for us this season when he has played and has turned out to be a very good signing. 

Sorry, who?

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He was really stinking for us last season. I always thought that he was a bag of nerves anytime the ball came near him and I sometimes wonder if we, as a fan base, give players too much of a hard time sometimes. Confidence player that didn't have much.

Genuine question: did you make a mistake saying 'Barbados and Antigua' because it's actually Antigua and Barbuda, or do Barbados and Antigua have a joint arrangement for international football?

Maybe aye, I think as well, there are I imagine several Falkirk players this year who look miles better than they did last season. Better coaching, a team and club in a better place, I think we maybe underestimate these factors. 

Ah, no, you're quite right, alas that was just me being an absolute melon.

22 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Maybe aye, I think as well, there are I imagine several Falkirk players this year who look miles better than they did last season. Better coaching, a team and club in a better place, I think we maybe underestimate these factors. 

Wouldn't say that, it's an easy mistake to make. I asked because I have no idea how far apart Antigua and Barbados are so thought there may have been some sort of shared arrangement.

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

This McGlynn team is the first one in years where players aren't having the confidence and belief utterly sooked out of them. Brad Mckay is our best and most glaring example currently, but there are a number of examples who now ply their trade elsewhere who were stinking over what was in hindsight an even lower, even more toxic period for our club than we realised at the time. 

Being impressed by some relatively simple, you might say obvious/common sense, moves the board and backroom teams have made in recent months really brought it home for me how shambolic we were under the last regime and it absolutely found its way into the dressing room. Latter period Miller and McCrakcen, Sheerin (common thread, overseen by Gary Holt) Sucked the life out of anyone who played us and turned good players to absolute shite. 

40 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Happens, I suppose. Adam Frizzell made ATS look a right clown last season in a game between the two sides, but the Antigua and Barbuda hall-of-famer has actually been really solid for us this season when he has played and has turned out to be a very good signing. 

I'll never forget when we signed adam frizzell, Dumbarton fans saying he's a wasted jersey and i remember one of them going as far as to say he has the best agent in football.

Crazy how a different coaching team can change a player so much.

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This McGlynn team is the first one in years where players aren't having the confidence and belief utterly sooked out of them. Brad Mckay is our best and most glaring example currently, but there are a number of examples who now ply their trade elsewhere who were stinking over what was in hindsight an even lower, even more toxic period for our club than we realised at the time. 

Being impressed by some relatively simple, you might say obvious/common sense, moves the board and backroom teams have made in recent months really brought it home for me how shambolic we were under the last regime and it absolutely found its way into the dressing room. Latter period Miller and McCrakcen, Sheerin (common thread, overseen by Gary Holt) Sucked the life out of anyone who played us and turned good players to absolute shite. 

Aye it really underlines just how poorly coached those same players must have been, on top of all the other garbage behind the scenes that you outline. Just not making an absolute hooring c**t of it every time they say or do something makes the new regime look like geniuses compared to the last lot. 

Leon McCann a decent example; he was a good player for us, but looked like he had regressed massively last season whilst playing for Falkirk. Now, he seems to be more like the player he was. It paints a clear picture of what was wrong. Indeed, for all Holt's recruitment has rightly been slated, clearly falkirk did recruit some decent players in that period; they just got coached so dreadfully that their ability was smothered and as you say, their belief exorcised. 

See it quite regularly. As @Diamonds02 points out, Frizzell was lambasted by Dumbarton supporters when we signed him, and he has been one of the best midfielders in the league the last two seasons. ATS has been the epitome of composure for Airdrie this season, to the point where it is obvious his issue last year was the same issue afflicting all the falkirk players; horrendous coaching and abysmal man-management. 

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

You can’t be that far off 6,000 the number of times you post on our threads. Of course that will continue to climb if we were to gain promotion.

You do realize this is a match day thread right? 😬😬