Ross County vs Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Jobby1 said:

Does the last two games against possible relegation candidates show  why Mr Robson is not the long term answer. Early goals against Lower teams and then we sit on our lead. Not good enough. Landed lucky with 2 great goalscorer . We need to play more on the front foot when we get ahead. Sorry to be un grateful as Barry has done a great job but this team should be more expansive.

His win % must be over 80% and it’s been a fair sample size now. He’s also probably feeling like one bad defeat at a place like Dingwall would be enough to put him out of the running so maybe that explains the lack of expansive football you mentioned. From a neutral perspective it’s hard to see what more the guy can do.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

His win % must be over 80% and it’s been a fair sample size now. He’s also probably feeling like one bad defeat at a place like Dingwall would be enough to put him out of the running so maybe that explains the lack of expansive football you mentioned. From a neutral perspective it’s hard to see what more the guy can do.

He's done an excellent job, absolutely no question.

But whether he's the right guy for the next 2-3 years is not the same issue. If I were an Aberdeen fan, I'd still want the board to step back and look long term. It might be Robson, it might be someone else, but if it is Robson, it shouldn't be because of a good run of form. There's got to be a bigger plan than that.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fair play to Aberdeen.

At this stage of the season performance count for hee haw, and they've racked up the points and can only be congratulated.

A good January window and a wise managerial change has done the job. Can't argue with it. I think they're inching towards home and dry.

Nobody else has put together a run of away wins like this, and I think that'll make the difference for them. Hats off.

We still have Tynecastle, St Mirren Park & Ibrox to visit post split. 

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fair play to Aberdeen.

At this stage of the season performance count for hee haw, and they've racked up the points and can only be congratulated.

A good January window and a wise managerial change has done the job. Can't argue with it. I think they're inching towards home and dry.

Don't give us your double thinking shite.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have never in my life called anyone brain damaged, but each to their own. 

Didn’t mean you. Apologies.  

Someone though said that based on what I’d posted I’d suffered knocks to the head playing football - and the obvious implication was that it had damaged my ability to think properly.  

5 minutes ago, Jobby1 said:

Does the last two games against possible relegation candidates show  why Mr Robson is not the long term answer. Early goals against Lower teams and then we sit on our lead. Not good enough. Landed lucky with 2 great goalscorer . We need to play more on the front foot when we get ahead. Sorry to be un grateful as Barry has done a great job but this team should be more expansive.

6 wins in a row, mostly pretty comfortable. 1 goal conceded which came from a penalty where our player slipped. You can say that we’ve played poor sides but that’s more than half the league. 

I genuinely don’t see what more you could realistically ask for. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Thanks, have edited post.  

FWIW I agree that up until 4-5 years ago this would never have been a red, but even before VAR these follow throughs where you catch a player with your studs on their shin is almost always a red.  

It’s a bit like the hand ball rule.  

Loads of people disagreeing with decisions because they either don’t know, or disagree with, the rules.  

Do I think that merits a red? No.  

By the current rules of the game is it a red? Yes.

When they showed the angle VAR were seeing it was never going to be anything else, and that’s probably why it only took the ref about 10 seconds when he saw it to make the decision.  

So why was Baldwin not ordered off for stamping on Shinnie's knee. This is not whatboutery, it's genuinely questioning the VAR decision making process. 

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

6 wins in a row, mostly pretty comfortable. 1 goal conceded which came from a penalty where our player slipped. You can say that we’ve played poor sides but that’s more than half the league. 

This

Plus the 2 defeats are Celtic away and playing St Mirren with 10 men for virtually the whole game

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Some people absolutely desperate for football to be a non contact sport. 

Not sure if you ever watch the rugby but even there there have been a whole slew of new rules designed to stop people from getting bad injuries.  

They’re talking about reducing heading the ball in football after research seems to have shown a possible link to early onset Alzheimer’s in footballers.  

I think football will lose a lot if it becomes too ‘clean’ but all you need to do is watch a game from the 60s or 70s and you’ll see that making the sport a safer thing is nothing new.  

When that tackle happened in real time I didn't give it a second thought, looked like a completely fair 50/50 between 2 committed players.

When it went to a VAR check and we saw replays I thought it wasn't a red in a million years, while thinking there's a chance it could be given due to the standard of officiating we see every week.

The replays very clearly showed that Shinnie relaxed his knee at the moment of making contact with the ball, which rules out any intent to hurt or 'leave one on' the opponent.

We can't have a game where players can no longer commit to 50/50 challenges just in case they make the wrong accidental contact with the other player afterwards.

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Mostly pretty comfortable?

If he can't replace Duk with similar then he'd be fucked.

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

So why was Baldwin not ordered off for stamping on Shinnie's knee. This is not whatboutery, it's genuinely questioning the VAR decision making process. 

It’d be quite legitimate for two players to see reds for reckless challenges in the same tackle. 

I guess VAR didn’t think it was a red?

I’ve not seen the Shinnie red back, nor have I seen the Miovski goal back so cannot comment on either. However, quick glance on here and twitter suggests they were both dubious; if not incorrect. Taking out of the equation whether the decisions were correct or not, though, I’m starting to get bored of going to the football because of the constant stop-start nature of the games with VAR. The idea of VAR in theory is obviously positive, but the way it’s being implemented in Scotland is just making matches a negative experience for the paying punter, in my opinion.

As for the game, two teams flinging shite at each other. 2 players on the pitch alongside 20 other gangsters. Duk is absolute class and surely won’t be at Aberdeen for long. I hate the little c**t, but we’ve not had a player like Shinnie at County since, what, Kettlewell? Just an absolute rat in the middle of the pitch breaking things up, keeping the game simple and using his experience. 

Said it for a few weeks, think we’ll come 11th but I’m honestly starting to think relegation won’t be the worst thing if it means getting away from VAR for the reasons mentioned above.

29 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Alongside Marley Watkins and Johnny Hayes, managed by Barry Robson.

It’s no surprise to see Aberdeen are back up to third in the table after getting a good core of Caley men in the building.

4 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

When that tackle happened in real time I didn't give it a second thought, looked like a completely fair 50/50 between 2 committed players.

When it went to a VAR check and we saw replays I thought it wasn't a red in a million years, while thinking there's a chance it could be given due to the standard of officiating we see every week.

The replays very clearly showed that Shinnie relaxed his knee at the moment of making contact with the ball, which rules out any intent to hurt or 'leave one on' the opponent.

We can't have a game where players can no longer commit to 50/50 challenges just in case they make the wrong accidental contact with the other player afterwards.

You can see after the first replay he relaxes his leg to soften the contact, like McFadden said he doesn’t straighten his leg and go in on Baldwin. If anything it’s Baldwin who does a stamping motion down onto Shinnie.

Edit - it’s daft from Baldwin, he was never getting there first. 

Edited by TheScarf

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

It’d be quite legitimate for two players to see reds for reckless challenges in the same tackle. 

I guess VAR didn’t think it was a red?

So you think the VAR even looked at it. Not a fucking chance. Which is everything that's wrong with it. Get it to f**k.