Morton v Accies 11-4-23

Finding it difficult to get the motivation for another John Rankin shitshow.

Think we have scored 1 goal from open play  in 6 league games. De Bolle, Smith and Lawson all look disinterested same as Zanatta since he signed.

Would bite your hand off for a point but think we will lose comfortably .

It used to be a given an Accies win at Cappielow  but it has reversed completely which is testament to Morton getting their act together and us dropping like a stone standards wise the last five years.

We have collected more points away from home which tells it's own story for me and play better away from that astropitch.

As for this game,it will be a case of comparing some of those who gave us wonderful days as Accies fans against the current lot who have given us very few good days out-Cup Final excepted.

A bit of a long shot for Morton to get in The Play Offs and despite our side being guff,they can raise it on occasion but not often enough.

A  draw in prospect then, but if he plays the right team we could nick it simply due to the precariousness of our dreadful position and the need for a win.As always,it depends what team our "esteemed" Gaffer goes with.

It  most probably won't happen though if we play guys like Zanatta who is  worse than a man down when blood and thunder is required.A frustrating player as there is definitely ability there which some Manager will eventually get the most out of, but it  has happened all too rarely as all the clubs he has played for will testify.

Time for Agent Dougie to help his old side out lol.

We've been saying for weeks now that games were must win but this one really is to keep the playoff hopes alive. 

If we win, we still have half a chance with winnable games against Raith(h), Cove(A) and dare I say bottle merchants Queens Park at Cappielow too.

Think most of us will agree on what the team should be but let's be honest, Ali Crawford will start.

Shame Oakley is out but I'm sure Muirhead will step up and perform through the middle. Quitongo and McGrattan either side would be magic.

Hoping for an inspiring win which allows us to go to Dens with a bit of confidence and pick up something. 

3-1.

If Shiels is back then I'd have him in for Sparrow and maybe Winter for Lewis Smith for a bit more graft, but other than that I'd be going with the same team as Saturday which might be risky given there are three games in six days. Arbroath are gonna keep on picking up points so this is must win imo. 

6 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Is Oakley definitely out?  I thought there was something about two yellows means the suspension is not immediate.  Or is that just for accumulated yellows over a period of time?

Aye 2 yellows in the same game means an immediate 1 match suspension.

Need a win or season just becomes mediocre.

All about next years playing budget now so lets not drop below 5th.

I am convinced if we hadn't signed Ali Crawford we would have eased into the playoffs. 

Not sure why they set this game against CL Man City v BM, recording it so won't be checking other scores tonight. 

Buying a ticket online in advance for the away end is pointless as only option given is to collect from the ticket office anyway!!!

Any Morton fans advise if your ticket office takes card payments or if I need to get cash somewhere?

7 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Buying a ticket online in advance for the away end is pointless as only option given is to collect from the ticket office anyway!!!

Any Morton fans advise if your ticket office takes card payments or if I need to get cash somewhere?

I'm 99% sure the confirmation email has a QR code to use at the turnstile

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Clutching at straws here, but at least Ali Crawford (probably) won’t be out on the left, where he’s totally useless.

Turns out you can play him in the middle in his natural position and he can be even more useless.

This is a nothing game of football. If we upgrade from 10 men to 11 by taking that liability off we might get somewhere, even with Calvin Miller also not being very good and Gillespie not playing well.