The El Sackio Derby - Part Deux

51 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Maybe the players knowing that there's a point in training well, as they might have a chance of a game, will help lift things.

Our midfield will likely still be shite but then at least every single move won't have to involve Snodgrass this week

Or ever again going by reports.

10 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

What reports are those? Haven't seen anything in the press about him having a fall out.

Few outlets reporting Snodgrass is having his contract terminated. Not really sure why but rumours he's not been the best influence in the dressing room. 

Only has 6 games left that he's eligible for so if he's been told he won't be involved it makes sense. Big move from Naismith early doors.

I'm torn here. Hearts win would dramatically increase the chances that Hibs finish bottom 6, which would be hilarious. Add to that the glimmer of hope Hearts get, making their inevitable arse collapse all the more enjoyable.

That said, a Hibs win leaves open the possibility of Hearts finishing bottom 6, which I think is the single funniest thing that could happen this season.

Tough one.

15 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I'm torn here. Hearts win would dramatically increase the chances that Hibs finish bottom 6, which would be hilarious. Add to that the glimmer of hope Hearts get, making their inevitable arse collapse all the more enjoyable.

That said, a Hibs win leaves open the possibility of Hearts finishing bottom 6, which I think is the single funniest thing that could happen this season.

Tough one.

Why would you want Hearts to remain, at worst, 2 points behind you with Ross County at home before the split when you have to play Rangers? Surely you aren't torn at all.

Also, there's no chance we don't make top 6. We are 6 ahead of Livingston with a GD that is 22 goals better off than them. Even we aren't having that bad a time.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why would you want Hearts to remain, at worst, 2 points behind you with Ross County at home before the split when you have to play Rangers? Surely you aren't torn at all.

Also, there's no chance we don't make top 6. We are 6 ahead of Livingston with a GD that is 22 goals better off than them. Even we aren't having that bad a time.

Agree. A hibs win all day long for me. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree. A hibs win all day long for me. 

End of the day it could go either way, but if Naismith gets a Derby win in his first game in charge it automatically improves the atmosphere around the club and support.

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

My bad, I thought Livi were on the same points as Hibs. Same reason I hadn't realised the Dons were guaranteed top 6...absolutely not paying attention to the table!

Edited by Illgresi

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

End of the day it could go either way, but if Naismith gets a Derby win in his first game in charge it automatically improves the atmosphere around the club and support.

Absolutely. 

All that’s happened here is that 3rd is possible for us now. Momentum is great but it doesn’t take much to turn that ship round 180 degrees. If we don’t turn up on Friday and hearts win this then I’d almost say we’ve fucked it already. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

We also have an extra home game after the split. If we win on Saturday it'll be more than a glimmer.

That feels like a remote possibility at the moment though. Just too many dysfunctional parts of the team to fix in a few days.

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

a Hibs win leaves open the possibility of Hearts finishing bottom 6, which I think is the single funniest thing that could happen this season..

I can think of an absolutely Darvellous result that was the single funniest thing this century.

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Few outlets reporting Snodgrass is having his contract terminated. Not really sure why but rumours he's not been the best influence in the dressing room. 

Only has 6 games left that he's eligible for so if he's been told he won't be involved it makes sense. Big move from Naismith early doors.

This feels similar to Barry Robson getting shot of Anthony Stewart right after being made in charge.

Not sure how this one will go but basically I think we need at least a draw to keep 3rd place alive.

Would go with

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Gino Devlin Haring McKay 

Shankland Humphrey’s 

It's possible we could see Kuol and Oda on earlier and maybe potentially some youngsters from the B team introduced, I hope we see a surprise inclusion like a Finlay Pollock in the match day squad at the very least.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Johnson’s experience with the SAS will help us. We will be fine. 

I havent read or listened to anything he says for months - hes just another slaver who will probably play unfit midfielders in centre half or something else bold on Saturday.......