The #SPFL has been awarded €61,961,500 in UEFA Prize Money in 2022-23 (allegedly)

G_&_T

The financial gulf widens...

I do find it hilarious that Motherwell, who participated in the competitions, actually received less money than the nine clubs receiving solidarity payments. Justice for shaning Scottish football.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Motherwell are one of the 9 clubs receiving solidarity payments, it's everyone in the Premiership except Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.

Ah, that would make sense. Shame, though.

We have found the golden goose.

€30M for getting shafted, this will allow some catch up on EPL cash?

€20M they can give Morelos away!

€.495M Championship clubs need to get in on that!

Fe ck Brexit I would say, viva la European league

10 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

Remind me again how this is good for Scottish football. 

Celtgers IS Scottish football!

RELENT AND BE SUBSUMED.

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

If only our clubs followed the advice of “try harder” as described by the Celtic fans on here then they too could share in these vast riches of UEFA prize money.

Nah Trickle down economics has never ever worked in football or indeed society. For a start any team that receives  guaranteed European group stage football should forgo their domestic prize money for their league finish.

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Nah Trickle down economics has never ever worked in football or indeed society. For a start any team that receives  guaranteed European group stage football should forgo their domestic prize money for their league finish.

That's actually a fair point. In the grand scheme of things SPFL prize money isn't that big a deal for the OF.

FWIW I think each team should get the same flat fee or if anything the bottom 6 get a minimally higher fee as the top 6 get 2 more OF games and likely that 5 out of the top 6 will get a European place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 07/04/2023 at 02:27, G_&_T said:

The financial gulf widens...

I do find it hilarious that Motherwell, who participated in the competitions, actually received less money than the nine clubs receiving solidarity payments. Justice for shaning Scottish football.

It is hilarious for real. 

Let me get this straight; Dundee Utd are getting over a million, for getting battered by AZ, and in turn essentially handing them the championship on a plate...

And they still lost to both Spartans and Partick, both within 3 days. Scottish Football, eh?