Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 hour ago, btb said:

This is the one that will damage the SNP, it's hard to see how we can continue to argue that we're morally superior to early 00s ScotLab.

Looking forward to Sturgeon's defence that she didn't know what had been happening in her own house because she was never there.....

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Oor Nic’s drawers are certainly getting a thorough rummaging through. Is it a coincedence this comes shortly after her wee pal Livingstone announced he was leaving his post as Chief of Police Scotland? Can't see him signing off on something like this.

Don’t see them finding the missing £600k in the house tbh. That will be ‘resting’ in an offshore bank account somewhere. 

C8603856-A978-4AEE-AB43-1A8FD07FC9D7.png

I thought it was the source of money that was the issue, not its destination. 

12 minutes ago, micaley68 said:

I honestly don't get all of the hooha regarding the tent in the garden. 

I mean it's obviously just a bird hide that he's built himself so he can observe more magpies in the neighbourhood no?

Last time I recall seeing a tent in a back garden, Peter Tobin was being investigated. Just saying. “Where are the bodies, Peter!?”

Maybe the police just do this when a Peter is involved.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Last time I recall seeing a tent in a back garden, Peter Tobin was being investigated. Just saying. “Where are the bodies, Peter!?”

Maybe the police just do this when a OFTW is involved.

FTFY. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I thought it was the source of money that was the issue, not its destination. 

I thought the issue was how it was used (i.e. not ringfenced specifically for Indyref2) after it was donated.

20 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I thought the issue was how it was used (i.e. not ringfenced specifically for Indyref2) after it was donated.

Is this a different issue to the one i was thinking of then, with the loan that appeared likely beyond his means? 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Is this a different issue to the one i was thinking of then, with the loan that appeared likely beyond his means? 

It’s about £600,000 raised for independence campaigning, and the accounts showed the balance to be around £100,000 with no sign of where the 600k went 

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ostensibly about the 'ringfenced' £600K but there has to be much more to it than that or they'd not be digging up the garden etc.

Why are they not looking in the fence instead of under the grass.  Police are useless. 

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It’s about £600,000 raised for independence campaigning, and the accounts showed the balance to be around £100,000 with no sign of where the 600k went 

That's what someone complained about. It's not necessarily why he's been arrested. 

The accounts for 2017 show much higher dontations than the previous year (by over £1m) so probably include the online donations. 

The excess was clearly used to repay Colin Weir's £1/2m.

I don't think there's money missing.  Could be wrong though. 

It's a legitimate query as to whether there was any fraud in the claim that it was ringfenced (seems possible buy not hugely likely). 

I suspect that checking one allegation probably uncovered something else. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Do we know what this is actually about?

Nope. But it won't stop the "experts" from claiming that they do, while they sharpen their 16 year old rusty knives.

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Sooner Slab back independence the better.

That will never happen and anybody contemplating voting for Starmer's Labour Party on the premise that "they'll back independence someday" is a fucking idiot.

Just now, Leith Green said:

Is the Wings walloper correct that the police have one hour to charge Murrell, or need to apply for a 12 hour extension?

Approximately yes. 12 hours max then charged or released unless a senior officer authorises a further 12 hours (which they likely will)