Annan v Dumbarton 8/4/23

If ever a thread summed up the worrying direction of travel of DFC then this it.  When you are permanently skint and dropping the divisions then whoever your Manager is there will be punts being taken on decent players whose fitness record is patchy.  Poor Declan Byrne joins Rory Loy, Denny Johnstone and the lad Syvertsen in that category, with Joe McKee now giving cause for concern.

I've deliberately left out John Gemmell as he was signed more for a cameo role.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If ever a thread summed up the worrying direction of travel of DFC then this it.  When you are permanently skint and dropping the divisions then whoever your Manager is there will be punts being taken on decent players whose fitness record is patchy.  Poor Declan Byrne joins Rory Loy, Denny Johnstone and the lad Syvertsen in that category, with Joe McKee now giving cause for concern.

I've deliberately left out John Gemmell as he was signed more for a cameo role.

A symptom of the underlying problems at the club. We're a small squad, low budget team. That leaves absolutely no room for error or injuries. Sadly the Russell McLean signing isnt working out and the injuries in our squad are hitting us at the business end of the season. Some very tough questions need honest and uncompromising answers from our club board and our shyster of an owner.

This is one of those ones where I'm thinking a game where we pick up no injuries would be a result, almost regardless of what the score actually is. Which is defeatest as possible sounding I know but it's hard to think we'll be in a good position here

59 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Home win at a sun kissed Galabank packed to the rafters. Well the club house will be!

ANNAN 2-0 DUMBARTON (McMenamin hat trick)

Mon th  Annan!!

2-0 and McMenamin hat trick. 
Have you been in the Club House already 🤣🍻🍻

2 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Home win at a sun kissed Galabank packed to the rafters. Well the club house will be!

ANNAN 2-0 DUMBARTON (McMenamin hat trick)

Mon th  Annan!!

1 hour ago, marco44 said:

2-0 and McMenamin hat trick. 
Have you been in the Club House already 🤣🍻🍻

One...

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Can we have any realistic chance of winning today with the injury crisis? Seems next to impossible to me.

We were in the midst of an injury crisis the last time we visited Galabank. It's not inconceivable that we win today but I don't think we will. What is giving me hope(I know, I know) is that Annan are also missing key players.

Screenshot_20230408_132932_Samsung Internet.jpg

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

We were in the midst of an injury crisis the last time we visited Galabank. It's not inconceivable that we win today but I don't think we will. What is giving me hope(I know, I know) is that Annan are also missing key players.

Screenshot_20230408_132932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Still missing 4 of those starters today, by my reckoning. It’s the first time this season, I’ve felt like a win is inconceivable.

Edited by FifeSons

7 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

We will not finish in 2nd place. We also look to be going into the play offs in a terrible run of form. Doomed.

Tbf I don’t think there’s any advantage between finishing 2nd and 4th. Like you say, it’s the form that’s got us doomed.

If we were a serious club, we would be thinking about sacking the manager to try and give us some kind of bounce for the playoffs. Not saying that’s the decision I’d make, feel a bit sorry for Faz, or that it would work, but a club with any kind of financial means would be considering it.

Edited by FifeSons