Ayr ⚫️⚪️ v 🔵⚪️ Morton

Better result for us than Morton but ffs sake Morton fans. If you had a bucket out for a new pair of trousers for Imrie I would put a couple of quid in. I don’t expect Imrie to be embarrassed (neds do what neds do) but if you’re not embarrassed I I’m embarrassed for you.

1 minute ago, #Gary said:

Season over for us. Likely a 7th place finish as well.

Close to same for us.  Can see Inverness bypassing us over the next two games.  

We’re terrible against 10 men. Wasn’t glad at all when Oakley was sent off as we have zero imagination going forward. 

Decent point I suppose and our biggest threat now is Caley. We’ll struggle next week against Partick so we need Cove and Arbroath to be doing us a favour and take points of them. 

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

A win for us on Tue will put us 3 points behind you with the same amount of games played. We live in hope... 

Aye no doubt we beat Accies on Tues to give us a bit of hope, at least until next Saturday.

We were okay first half, pretty terrible in the second and even with an extra man had no control whatsoever and only got chances on the counter. 

I still have no idea what Bryden offers as an impact sub, and as predicted McKenzie offered absolutely nothing out wide. Ashford had an absolute stinker. O’Connor should have been on far earlier, but Bullen sees us scoring a goal and then believes there is no need to change it - despite it being against the run of play. 

Poor stuff all round, and we are now going to be clinging on to fourth place as opposed to looking towards second. 

ETA, with Inverness’ next two fixtures there is a very good chance we are out the playoffs by next Saturday night.

Edited by No_Problemo

We played better with ten men than with eleven today, and while Colin Steven was a total, one-sided pellet in his decision-making and general, look at me approach to the game, he wasn't the reason why we didn't win the game. We got a bit of luck with the goal and then squandered it by failing to defend any of a string of set-piece deliveries into the box. Draw was the fair result all day long. 

Draw the fair result. While Morton's goal was a fluke they were able to cause our defence problems at times.

Musonda did well with his header for his goal. Bullen postponing the substitutions after we scored was aggravating as McKenzie was offering very little on the wings.

Should have done better with the chances that came about after Morton went down to 10. Dipos shit that ruffled the side netting looked close from the north terrace.

Six without a win, having also gone six without a win prior to the three wins in a row which preceded the current run. 3 wins in 15 is absolutely brutal form.

Even in the extremely unlikely event we were to end the season strongly with say 3 wins and a draw in the last 5 and that was just enough to take us above Ayr, Inverness' fixture list could easily see them do the same. The season is over.

49 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We were okay first half, pretty terrible in the second and even with an extra man had no control whatsoever and only got chances on the counter. 

I still have no idea what Bryden offers as an impact sub, and as predicted McKenzie offered absolutely nothing out wide. Ashford had an absolute stinker. O’Connor should have been on far earlier, but Bullen sees us scoring a goal and then believes there is no need to change it - despite it being against the run of play. 

Poor stuff all round, and we are now going to be clinging on to fourth place as opposed to looking towards second. 

ETA, with Inverness’ next two fixtures there is a very good chance we are out the playoffs by next Saturday night.

In truth we are absolutely gubbed in the wide positions. We have 4 players to play there at the minute and I’m not convinced by any of them long term. Ashford has his uses in certain games and O’Connor is direct but his final ball is woeful. If Mullin plays today then I think we win that. Likewise if Murdoch had played. 

Game looked a non-event that neither side wanted to win.

Ayr started to play in the last 15 minutes but made the same mistakes we have made all season. Balls in to the box were dreadful and we resorted to taking pot-shots off Morton players legs.

Same performance as previous weeks, we just don’t look like we have a plan. 

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In truth we are absolutely gubbed in the wide positions. We have 4 players to play there at the minute and I’m not convinced by any of them long term. Ashford has his uses in certain games and O’Connor is direct but his final ball is woeful. If Mullin plays today then I think we win that. Likewise if Murdoch had played. 

If O’Connor’s final ball is woeful, then how do you begin to describe Ashford’s…

I would say that O’Connor’s is inconsistent as opposed to woeful tbf. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

If O’Connor’s final ball is woeful, then how do you begin to describe Ashford’s…

Neither player has one. Of our biggest strengths this season was getting crosses into the box. With Chalmers away and Mullin now injured it’s become very hard to create chances that way. 

On 04/04/2023 at 01:38, Thumper said:

Neither side is going up, so neither side "needs" anything really. With Partick and Queens Park playing each other you'd like to think this would be a big chance to make up ground but in reality this simply lays out the excuses a full week early (much like getting comfortably beaten by the team in eighth was "because any team in this division can beat any other")

You never know what Ayr side you're going to get, but a score draw sounds likely.

Called it.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Ayr need to start getting their forwards to wear the same jerseys as the opposition keeper, which would ensure Ashford hit them absolutely every time.

Edited by Thumper

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Called it.

Ayr need to start getting their forwards to wear the same jerseys as the opposition keeper, which would ensure Ashford hit them absolutely every time.

The bit where he got the ball from Dipo, and then immediately just head down running in a straight line, only to cross it out the pitch would have been hilarious if it wasn’t so frustrating as he had a simple pass back to Dipo. 

I stuck up for him last week, but f**k me he was howling today. 

We all know what happens when we play both McKenzie and Ashford wide, wild that Bullen wanted to try it again. 

Thought we were fortunate to come away with a point, even though Ayr were ropey at times and we (Muirhead in particular) were better with 10 men… and might even have nicked it at the death.

Oakley was very fortunate to stay on after the first challenge, so to go in with a straight leg immediately after was insane. He should be absolutely hammered for that.

We’re hanging by a thread… but still hanging, just.