Ayr ⚫️⚪️ v 🔵⚪️ Morton

We've likely left ourselves too much to do regardless, but it's the definition of a must win game if we're going to keep the season alive. With Imrie talking about workrate being insufficient post-match last week you'd hope that means no Ali Crawford or Miller and we get back to the midfield and wingers that worked for us earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

We've likely left ourselves too much to do regardless, 

If we win then we're three points behind the last play-off spot with a game in hand. We have to win but it would put it effectively in our own hands (yet again). 

Queens' Park plummeting like a stone and ending up with 55 points should not be overlooked either. 

That scenario contributes to the already significant shame game potential in the away end today. Likely aimed at McGinty, likely aimed at Crawford - and quite possibly both. 

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

If we win then we're three points behind the last play-off spot with a game in hand. We have to win but it would put it effectively in our own hands (yet again). 

Queens' Park plummeting like a stone and ending up with 55 points should not be overlooked either. 

That scenario contributes to the already significant shame game potential in the away end today. Likely aimed at McGinty, likely aimed at Crawford - and quite possibly both. 

Robbie Crawford isn’t getting abuse off another set of fans is he? Thought he had been good for you. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Robbie Crawford isn’t getting abuse off another set of fans is he? Thought he had been good for you. 

As above, it's the other one. Robbie has been a good addition but the midfield as a whole needs to work for him to do his own job well. 

An Ayr win today and a Morton win on Tuesday would mean that they would most likely go in to next weeks game with Dundee seeing it as a last chance at saving a play-off spot, with us more than likely to lose at Thistle. Which makes that game a must win for us. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

An Ayr win today and a Morton win on Tuesday would mean that they would most likely go in to next weeks game with Dundee seeing it as a last chance at saving a play-off spot, with us more than likely to lose at Thistle. Which makes that game a must win for us. 

An Ayr win today makes the gap 9 points plus GD with five games to play, including that one at Dens' Park. There's no prospect of Morton overhauling that (though Inverness might still have an outside chance). It is a categorical must-win game or else it's playing for the 'lucrative prize money' of a top half finish for us*.

* So a slither down to 7th as usual then

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

An Ayr win today makes the gap 9 points plus GD with five games to play, including that one at Dens' Park. There's no prospect of Morton overhauling that (though Inverness might still have an outside chance). It is a categorical must-win game or else it's playing for the 'lucrative prize money' of a top half finish for us*.

* So a slither down to 7th as usual then

A win on Tuesday would have you 5 points behind Thistle and 6 behind Ayr with 12 points still up for grabs. 

Ayr will struggle to pick up 6 more points this season, Queens Park look like they won't pick up another point. Be funny if they dropped out the play-off places all together. 

I expect Dundee or Thistle will win it now, I think Ayr will limp in to the play-offs and go out in the first round. 

53 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Robbie only got criticised because Uncle Ian kept playing him on the wing. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would love him in our current midfield tbh. 

Me anaw.  I wouldn't take any of our central midfielders over him.  

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Me anaw.  I wouldn't take any of our central midfielders over him.  

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Murdoch and Dempsey both fat superior players to Robbie Crawford. Could possibly do a job in a midfield 3. 

Murdoch is a completely different style of player, I wouldn’t say there is much Dempsey is particularly better at in that box to box style role tbh. I think you could debate it either way…